MSI GS60 Ghost Gaming Notebook

Very nice camera work... Just beautiful! Also I love the graphics over the keyboard at 4:09. Who edited and shot this? Was it Edzel, I know he's skillful.

Guys, I just want to point out that Edzel is just amazeballz. I mean just that hand moddeling on the typing section...wow....just wow....*cough 11 minutes 13 seconds top right corner cough*

Intel Core i5 2500K @ 3.30GHz MSI Radeon R9 290 Gaming 4G | Asus P8H61-M Evo Rev B Kingston ValueRAM KVR1333D3N9K2/8G Scythe Mugen 2 Rev. B Samsung 840 Evo 512GB Seagate Barracude 7200.12 ST3500413AS, 500GB Samsung Spinpoint 1TB 5400RPM OCZ ZS Series 650W Cooler Master Elite 430 Windowed Logitech LS21 Creative Fatal1ty Logitech G500 Razer BlackWidow 2010 | 2x Dell U1214H | 1x Ilyama ProLite E2407HDS

Dammmmmn edzel is so awesome. I don't know why but that just came to mind.

Cpu: Intel i5- 4570 | Ram: Crucial DDR3 8GB | Video Card: Evega GTX 660 Ti 2GB Super Clocked

Monitor: Philips 24" | Keyboard: CM Storm Quickfire TK | Mouse: Logitech G700s |

Steam

Cpu: Intel i5- 4570 | Ram: Crucial DDR3 8GB | Video Card: Evega GTX 660 Ti 2GB Super Clocked

Monitor: Philips 24" | Keyboard: CM Storm Quickfire TK | Mouse: Logitech G700s |

Steam

Steam

Two questions plz. 1.pure game battery performance, pure office plus wifi battery performance.

2.comparison with MacBook Pro 15(750. I care about battery and game experience, not have to ultra settings, but at least flawless and smoothly. Thx

can anyone tell me about the battery life of this notebook i'm looking at word document creating and web browsing and movie watching it would be really helpful if someone could tell me.

I'm interested in this notebook, but once again europe, mainly the UK still have to wait ages to get them. We're still not able to buy the Razer Blade 14" it's so annoying...

I will be waiting for the 870M version though, great video as usual Linus (:

If it supported AMD graphics it would be my perfect gaming laptop because then it would be capable of using Freesync.

Dreadnaught: Intel Core i7 970 3.2GHz, Silverstone TD-02, ASUS Rampage III Extreme, Kingston Fury White 24GB 1866MHz, Crucial BX100 250GB + Seagate 2TB SSHD, AMD Radeon Sapphire R9 390 Nitro, NZXT S340 White, Bitfenix Fury 650W, BenQ XL2730Z.

The screen hinge does seem to be quite flimsy; and with that amount of flex I think that the screen could break; could anyone please comment on this?

Also, perhaps if someone from MSI is reading this- please make your notebooks internationally available! :) It appears as though your notebooks have been discontinued in India for quite some time :(

Edzel the hand model is awesome, not that he told anyone to say that or anything. 

Linus, the dual Michael Jackson gloves need to go. No more appearances of them in the videos.

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S

Whenever I see Linus doing the flex test I'm compelled to run around bending things.

thanks for all the flexes

He should do a video where he just snaps random thing in half like..."see this 10$ keyboard? SNAP"

I'm interested in this notebook, but once again europe, mainly the UK still have to wait ages to get them. We're still not able to buy the Razer Blade 14" it's so annoying...

I will be waiting for the 870M version though, great video as usual Linus (:

I tweeted the Razer CEO Min-Liang Tan but he never replied when I said "Why don't Razer sell laptops/tablets in the UK"

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

How is the gaming performance and would the Lenovo Y50 not be a direct opponent to this,,??

Edzel did an awesome job on this video. Great notebook and nice sales pitch for the cheap "fleshlight".

Case: CM Storm Trooper I CPU: 4770k @4.5ghz I Cpu cooler: H110 I RAM: G.Skill Sniper 16gb 2400mhz I GPU: Sapphire 7970 OC I Mobo: Msi gd65 I PSU: Corsair rm 750w I KEYBOARD: Cm Storm Trigger cherry mx blue I MOUSE: Corsair m65 I MONITORS: ASUS VG248QE 24" 144Hz and Acer X223W 22" 60hz I AUDIO: Corsair vengeance 1500

I'm guessing the GTX 860M in this laptop isn't the Maxwell variant?  That's the only thing I really have been wanting to know is which laptops carry that model other than the GT60 series.  I want something slim and light for a change (I have a clunky ASUS G75JW.)

Why so many things brushed aluminum lately :{ I hate fingerprint marks

When you said that this laptop doesn't have any real direct competitors, you forgot about Gigabyte's P35k (my current laptop BTW, which I upgraded with Intel AC WiFi)...

It's the same size, has a 1080p IPS panel, a 4700HQ, and 765M (Yes, I know it's older), and has two mSATA ports, one 2.5" HDD slot, and the ODD can be replaced (using the included caddy/bracket) with a second 2.5" drive up to 9mm.

Which means that you could theoretically have two 512GB mSATA SSDs in RAID0 + a 1TB 2.5" HDD/SSD + a 2TB 2.5" HDD for a whopping total of FOUR TERABYTES of storage on this thing! Or a 1TB mSATA RAID array for your OS + 2 1TB 840 EVOs and have 3TB of purely SSD storage.

What I'm saying is that basically, other than the slightly older GPU and a bit more weight, the P35k actually beats the GS60 in just about every category..

Oh yeah, it also has about 4.5 hours of battery life when working/browsing the web. :)

ConsTR(4)uct:

• CPU
    Threadripper 1900X @ 4.0GHz
  • Motherboard
    Asus PRIME X399-A
  • RAM
    32GB Crucial Ballistix Elite @ 3466MHz
  • GPU
    MSI GTX 1080Ti Gaming-X 11G
  • Case
    SilverStone Fortress FT02
  • Storage
    1TB Samsung 960 EVO + 500GB WD Blue SSD + 2x 4TB WD Red (RAID1) + 3TB HGST Deskstar NAS
  • PSU
    Corsair AX760i
  • Display(s)
    2x Acer Predator XB271HK
  • Cooling
    BeQuiet! Dark Rock Pro TR4
  • Keyboard
    Logitech G710+
  • Mouse
    Logitech G502
  • Sound
    Propellerhead Balance + Bose Companion II + AKG K7XX
  • Operating System
    Windows 10 Pro

mmm...sexy

And the RAID 0 support is unbeatable.

OK, why is there a second \ key right of the space bar?

Excellent video, the best GS60 one I've seen. Edzel really came through.

One problem... You forgot to mention the GS60 uses a Kepler based GTX860m (at this point in time). No one knows when or if the GS60 will switch to maxwell.

I only mention this because I'd prefer to wait, seeing as maxwell is supposed to be what.. 30% more power efficient? this is definitely something that I will take into consideration when choosing my next laptop.

The philosophy behind power efficiency in maxwell fits the design aspirations of this laptop so perfectly. Its just a massive shame that nvidia couldn't produce enough maxwell chips in time before release. Hopefully a new version is just around the corner...

For a gaming laptop, it looks pretty good. There seems to be way too much flex in the screen to consider it a really well built laptop. That power connector looks pretty flimsy as well. And holy crap is that badge tacky!

Those complaints aside, it looks like a solid laptop.

Intel Core i7-5820K @ 4.4GHz | Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4 2666 Asus X99-Deluxe | EVGA GTX 980 SC | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB - Samsung 840 EVO 500GB | Seasonic Platinum Series 760 | NZXT H440 White | Shimian 27" 2560x1440 | Ducky 9087 TKL | Logitech G9x | Audio-Technica ATH-M50 | Schiit Audio Modi DAC & Magni Amp

www.ethangriswold.com