Is there an improvement to FPS by playing non-enchaned Xbox 360 games on the Xbox One X / Xbox One S

Go to solution Solved by Stefan Payne,
3 hours ago, GR412 said:

I'm debating wheather to buy an Xbox One S or Xbox One X. I want to play old Xbox 360 games on one of these new consoles for an increase in performance; mainly fps increase / stability.

Remember:

a) it will be downloaded from M$ Servers, even if you have the Disc. That's only a dongle.

b) you need either a 360 or payment options in your M$ account to buy the 360 Games!

you can't buy them in the Web interface nor the XBox One without that.

And the Error Message says that you can't use the M$ Account Balance (XBox Prepaid Cards) to buy those games.

3 hours ago, GR412 said:

1.) So my first question is, do non-enhanced Xbox 360 games run better in terms of fps / stability on an Xbox One S or Xbox One X, compared to the original Xbox 360?

2.) Does an Xbox One X run non-enhanced Xbox 360 games any better than the Xbox One S would?

3.)  Is the difference between an enhanced and non-enhanced Xbox 360 game that different in terms of fps / stability?

Any information to these three questions will be appreciated

1. depends on the Game, look at Digital Foundry Videos for that.
  2. No idea, never tried.
  3. The main advantage is better image quality, like native 4k Rendering and other stuff.

Either way, I'd recommend to also own a 360, if you don't already to circumvent the "Buy game" thing and also to have something to play the good, non compatible games like NIER.

I'm debating wheather to buy an Xbox One S or Xbox One X. I want to play old Xbox 360 games on one of these new consoles for an increase in performance; mainly fps increase / stability.

1.) So my first question is, do non-enhanced Xbox 360 games run better in terms of fps / stability on an Xbox One S or Xbox One X, compared to the original Xbox 360?

2.) Does an Xbox One X run non-enhanced Xbox 360 games any better than the Xbox One S would?

3.)  Is the difference between an enhanced and non-enhanced Xbox 360 game that different in terms of fps / stability?

Thanks,

GR412

3 hours ago, GR412 said:

Remember:

a) it will be downloaded from M$ Servers, even if you have the Disc. That's only a dongle.

b) you need either a 360 or payment options in your M$ account to buy the 360 Games!

And the Error Message says that you can't use the M$ Account Balance (XBox Prepaid Cards) to buy those games.

3 hours ago, GR412 said:

2. No idea, never tried.
  3. The main advantage is better image quality, like native 4k Rendering and other stuff.

Either way, I'd recommend to also own a 360, if you don't already to circumvent the "Buy game" thing and also to have something to play the good, non compatible games like NIER.

"Hell is full of good meanings, but Heaven is full of good works"

On 11/23/2018 at 2:39 PM, Stefan Payne said:

Remember:

2. No idea, never tried.

I decided to an Xbox One X, I got a good deal on one during black Friday so thats nice. I checked out Digital Foundary as you suggested which did in fact sway my postion towards an X so thanks for that. I also already own a 360 and 360 games on disk from back in the day so that shouldn't be a problem.