Studio Monitors VS Home Theater Speakers

I have a pair of Bose 301 speakers, and I am looking for an upgrade. I am looking at Klipsch towers with dual 8 inch mids and 1 inch tweeters. I am also looking at some studio monitors but I am not sure of the differences. I want to have high fidelity audio, but also be able to play them so my neighbor, a few houses down can hear. What should I choose?

9 hours ago, MotherBoardEater11 said:

a few houses down can hear

I'm confused. Why do you want to turn it up so loud that you need hearing protection to enjoy?

Klipsch doesn't offer anything that's going to meet your goals of annoying your neighbors without distorting.

To balance something at this level, you need to look into the larger JTR speakers and dig really deep into your cash pockets.

If you want something "relatively" affordable that fits comfortably in your house, and that maybe annoys one neighbor on each side, look into Power Sound Audio.

jezzz...you realize you can have the biggest loudest speakers BUT can your sound system push them?

10 hours ago, circeseye said:

jezzz...you realize you can have the biggest loudest speakers BUT can your sound system push them?

300 watt sony amp

11 minutes ago, MotherBoardEater11 said:

300 watt sony amp

hmmm so if its a 2 channel your looking at 150 watt per channel....you can get loud with it with right speakers but not that loud to annoy a neighbor 2 houses away,  :)

44 minutes ago, circeseye said:

hmmm so if its a 2 channel your looking at 150 watt per channel....you can get loud with it with right speakers but not that loud to annoy a neighbor 2 houses away,  :)

300 per channel, and pushing 70 to a pair of Bose 301 series 4 i have gotten calls

1 minute ago, MotherBoardEater11 said:

300 per channel

well if it is 300 watt per channel then better chance to get sound 2 houses down better ?
but.......still wont be much....if your playing it inside your house with say windows and doors open i still dont think a person 2 houses away will hear it to well unless outside..

On 11/23/2018 at 11:50 PM, circeseye said:

well if it is 300 watt per channel then better chance to get sound 2 houses down better ?
but.......still wont be much....if your playing it inside your house with say windows and doors open i still dont think a person 2 houses away will hear it to well unless outside..

I have a pair of 301 series 4 that have 1 8 inch and 2 tweeters each, and you can hear them about 6 down in a car at 75 watts, that is really pushing them to the max though, and it sounds distorted

On 11/22/2018 at 11:18 PM, MotherBoardEater11 said:

I have a pair of Bose 301 speakers, and I am looking for an upgrade. I am looking at Klipsch towers with dual 8 inch mids and 1 inch tweeters. I am also looking at some studio monitors but I am not sure of the differences. I want to have high fidelity audio, but also be able to play them so my neighbor, a few houses down can hear. What should I choose?

"Studio monitors" is a seemingly specific term that is applied to way too broad of a product range.  What monitors are you looking at?  Generally, studio monitors will have a flatter response than speakers designed for consumer use; which is good for while you're in the studio (eliminating variables), but not everybody is going to like that sound at home (tuning for personal taste).