what CPU

FadeZ

I am going to be getting a new cpu for my HTPC.

What do you guys think about getting a  i3-4130t? 

The basic idea for the pc just media center and recording shows via media center. Might end up using xbmc but I am guessing hats less resource intense anyways. 

hmm... 

this would be quite interesting, you could use an AMD CPU like an FX 6300/APU for the same price and get better performance with that MSI amd ITX board. 

this is of course if you are able to wait on this being released

Dont get an I3 and if you are you might as well get an 8320 or 6300 which perform better than an I3

Hope I could help!

Specs: CPU: AMD FX-8320 @4.0ghz GPU: ASUS DCUII GTX 770 PSU: EVGA Supernova 750g CASE: Fractal Define R4 RAM: 8 Gigabytes ADATA 1333 Mhz MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-990FXA-UD3

hmm... 

this would be quite interesting, you could use an AMD CPU like an FX 6300/APU for the same price and get better performance with that MSI amd ITX board. 

this is of course if you are able to wait on this being released

Is it supposed to be the 780 lightning? Cause your post makes little sense.

CPU: i7-4770k CPU Cooler: NH-D14 RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 8gb GPU: EVGA Superclocked 780 ti MOBO: ASUS Maximus VI Gene PSU: Corsair RM 850 Case: Bitfenix Prodigy M

Don't post if you didn't even watch the content I posted along with it

wait is that a typo

x31NfsU.png?1

Yep, it's happening people

Don't post if you didn't even watch the content I posted along with it

AH, I see now, sorry. My bad

CPU: i7-4770k CPU Cooler: NH-D14 RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 8gb GPU: EVGA Superclocked 780 ti MOBO: ASUS Maximus VI Gene PSU: Corsair RM 850 Case: Bitfenix Prodigy M

An FX-6300, a Gigabyte motherboard, and a 650Ti would be a good home theater.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

So for watching movies you need discrete graphics? no(unless 4K) if you want to burn money then liquad cool it as well to keep it quiet while you watch.

I would get that i3 and a cheap ITX board as intel onboard gfx is fine for HTPC as that is not gaming and a gfx card would be a waste!

Gaming Rig:CPU: Xeon E3-1230 v2¦RAM: 16GB DDR3 Balistix 1600Mhz¦MB: MSI Z77A-G43¦HDD: 480GB SSD, 3.5TB HDDs¦GPU: AMD Radeon VII¦PSU: FSP 700W¦Case: Carbide 300R

It makes full sense if you watch the video.

• 4 weeks later...

If you need really good video, go for an A10, but, if that's not a huge priority, I'd go for something that'll stay cool and not draw a lot of power. For these reasons, I used the Intel Core i5-4570S in my HTPC.

Intel Core i7-5930K | Noctua NH-D15S | ASUS X99-M WS | 32GB (4 x 8GB) G.Skill Ripjaws V 2666MHz | MSI GeForce GTX 980 Ti Gaming 6G | Samsung 850 Pro 512GB | Seasonic 660XP2 | Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV

LG 34UM95-P w/ Ergotron MX  | O2/ODAC | Audioengine A5+ w/ AS8 | Sennheiser HD 598 | Ducky Shine 3 | Cooler Master Storm Spawn

People are offering terrible advice.

An i3-4130t is more then adequate for pvr and standard media playback. I am guessing based on the t variant, you are attempting to have a fairly low power consuming system. There are other options, but the CPU you are asking about does a more than adequate job.

I am going to be getting a new cpu for my HTPC.

What do you guys think about getting a  i3-4130t? 

The basic idea for the pc just media center and recording shows via media center. Might end up using xbmc but I am guessing hats less resource intense anyways. 

I have an i5-4670K 3.4GHz Quad-Core in my planned build 

My n00Build http://pcpartpicker.com/user/NameOfNoInterest/saved/ 

Do you really expect me to know things? 

$25.67/$~2500 (Price changes hourly..) I'm 1/100th of the way there!

That i3 should be perfectly fine for an HTPC and 1080p video playback.  An AMD A10 or A8 apu would also be a pretty good alternative if you want some more GPU power.

For an HTPC in reality you'd want more GPU power then CPU, which is what APU's do. An A8 should do the job fine, even a Trinity one.

"Rawr XD"