Is the Zotac 1080Ti AMP EXTREME a good card?

boey

So I’ve heard many times that Zotac has pretty shitty cooling on their GPUs, and this card is significantly cheaper than other GPU’s, even some from brands like Palit and Galax at my local shop. Is the cooling on this card decent enough? 

EDIT: I’m going for 1080Ti instead of 2080 because I’m building this for a friend and he’s pretty paranoid about Turing cards due to the 2080Ti cards catching on fire and whatnot. They’re significantly cheaper at the shop I’m going to anyway.

Where have you heard that they have bad cooling? Zotacs AMP compare with EVGA’s ACX and MSI’s twin frozr, they have good cooling.

the AMP extreme might not have the best cooling for a 3 slot card, but it will match a good 2.25 slot card.

I had a GTX 1080 Amp Extreme and never had a problem with its cooling performance or sound levels.

It was too big and heavy, however.

20 minutes ago, Firewrath9 said:

Where have you heard that they have bad cooling? Zotacs AMP compare with EVGA’s ACX and MSI’s twin frozr, they have good cooling.

the AMP extreme might not have the best cooling for a 3 slot card, but it will match a good 2.25 slot card.

I asked a question about the Zotac 1070Ti Mini awhile back, think several people said zotac cards in general had bad cooling, and it being a mini card makes that worse.

19 minutes ago, kingmustard said:

I had a GTX 1080 Amp Extreme and never had a problem with its cooling performance or sound levels.

It was too big and heavy, however.

What was the downside of it being too big and heavy? GPU Sag? Aesthetics?

1 hour ago, _d0nut said:

What was the downside of it being too big and heavy? GPU Sag? Aesthetics?

The main issue was that I had to remove the GPU each time I took the system to a LAN party as, when it was in the back of the car (vertically or horizontally), the GPU wobbling non-stop put a lot of pressure on the motherboard slot.

The mini zotacs have shit cooling because there a really small card 

the amp extream is one of the best coolers on the market by far not to mention they oc one of the best aswell and most have a 4/5 year garentee 

-13600kf 

- 4000 32gb ram 

-4070ti super duper 

8 hours ago, _d0nut said:

So I’ve heard many times that Zotac has pretty shitty cooling on their GPUs, and this card is significantly cheaper than other GPU’s, even some from brands like Palit and Galax at my local shop. Is the cooling on this card decent enough? 

EDIT: I’m going for 1080Ti instead of 2080 because I’m building this for a friend and he’s pretty paranoid about Turing cards due to the 2080Ti cards catching on fire and whatnot. They’re significantly cheaper at the shop I’m going to anyway.

Please just Google "1080ti catches fire" theres dozens of people having their 1080 and 1080tis catch fire over the years. Compared to a single.. yes a single 2080ti..

Just because it hasn't been in the news doesn't mean things dont happen..

Seriously this pathetic 2080ti band wagon has gone on for long enough...

10 seconds of research will prove half the BS claims wrong.. if your friend goes for a 1080ti over a similarly priced 2080 they are an idiot.. 

Gaming PC: • AMD Ryzen 7 3900x • 16gb Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200mhz • Founders Edition 2080ti • 2x Crucial 1tb nvme ssd • NZXT H1• Logitech G915TKL • Logitech G Pro • Asus ROG XG32VQ • SteelSeries Arctis Pro Wireless

Laptop: MacBook Pro M1 512gb

7 hours ago, Badger906 said:

Please just Google "1080ti catches fire" theres dozens of people having their 1080 and 1080tis catch fire over the years. Compared to a single.. yes a single 2080ti..

10 seconds of research will prove half the BS claims wrong.. if your friend goes for a 1080ti over a similarly priced 2080 they are an idiot.. 

2080s cost 100 usd more and have less vram and mem bandwidth.

17 hours ago, Badger906 said:

2080’s go for 100usd more than 1080Tis at my local shop. Also, the 2080Ti has been out for a few months and thr 1080Ti has been out for a few years, so directly comparing the number of times each cards has caught on fire is not very fair. Either ways I’ll go for the cheaper card