Death penalty

prolemur

What are some of your opinions coming from different places around the world on the subject, thanks.

Make a poll.

I'm against it, I guess.

Signatures are stupid.

Id rather let the inmates rot their whole Life in jail but I could care less. If the convict killed someone he deserves to die.

CPU: i7 8700 GPU: Asus ROG Strix GTX 1080 Mobo: Gigabyte Z370 Gaming 5 Ram: 16GB EVGA SuperSC SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB 
HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB PSU: TX650M Case: NZXT S340 Elite OS: Windows 10 Mouse: Logitech G403 Mouse Mat: HyperX Fury S Pro XL 
Keyboard: CM Masterkeys Pro S (reds) Headphones: Sennheiser HD598 Monitor: Asus 24' MG248QR Devices: IPhone 11 Pro Max + 13' Macbook Pro

Eye for an eye? Its cheaper to kill someone who deserves it than letting them waste money in a cage

Big Bertha3570k @ 4.5GhzASRock Fatal1ty Z777970 DCUII TOP EVGA GTX 780Swiftech H220 w/ NF-F1216GB RAM128GB Kingston HyperX 3K1TB Western Digital Black40GB Western Digital Raptor 10K PeripheralsMionix 3200 MouseCMStorm Quickfire Rapid w/ Cherry MX Blues2 x Dell U2713HM AudioAsus ROG Orion Pro HeadsetSony XB-500AKG K240Bose AE2i​Fiio E10

Samsung Galaxy S45.0" 1920x1080p Super AMOLED screen16GB Storage2600 mAh battery1.9Ghz quad-core Krait CPU2GB RAMCyanogenMod CameraNikon D310018x55mm NIKKOR VR Lens14.2 MP

Eye for an eye? Its cheaper to kill someone who deserves it than letting them waste money in a cage

But it'd be more of a punishment in my eyes to make them sit in a cell for 50+ years with nothing to do. Soilitary confinement should be permanent for child rapists, murders, rapists etc...

I know it would be expensive, but...eh. Make them suffer. They deserve it.

we don't have the death penalty here in sweden. (and inmates are housed in cells that are fancier than my apartment... :/ )
But i think it's an alright idea. If the crime committed is really serious. Like premeditated murder.

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

Well... this is a complicated subject. 

On one hand, people's actions should have a punishment associated with it. And certain actions should be so taboo, that a fitting punishment should accompany them (i.e. the death penalty). Pedophilia, for example.

At the same time, you have to think about how the punishment system is built to work. Such punishments are only going to deter normal people. Not the crazy ones. The crazy ones don't care. They are still going to do it. Hell or high water. 

For those people, I feel they should die. I wish it weren't that way, but they aren't going to change. And by "they", I mean the crazy people. The ones who are psychologically broken and won't be "ok" without medication or some new form of therapy we don't have yet.

So punishments should go from mild to moderate. But there should be nothing between moderate and severe (i.e. going straight from 20 years in prison to death) because that's the part where diminishing returns will exist. Where normal people will be like, "What's another year?" or "What's another fine?".

I say that because them sitting in a cell wasting societies resources seems utterly pointless. Unless we effectively turn them into slaves. Supervised labor, as another person put in a prior comment.

It's complicated. I'm fine with the death penalty depending on the circumstances. I'd rather have them work for the good of society (free labor) myself, but whatever.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

Definitely not a good idea. It costs more in law fees that it does to incarcerate someone for life. Killing is brutal, immoral and seems uncivilised and tribal. Countries which uphold the death penalty tend to be more 'Gun-ho' than those without (e.g: America, N. Korea; although the latter is more gun-ho about killing for little reason). It may be a good deterrent, however, life is more important. Everyone has the capacity to be rehabilitated into society and life is a right which people have which needs to be upheld. No matter what they've done.

Alas, it seems to me that this topic was created simply to see shit kick off. If the creator of the topic wanted to know our opinions, he would have followed the topic.

Edited by tomlambert01

Compatible with Windows 95

Advocates of imprisonment claim that it costs significantly more money to execute a convict than it does to jail him for life. Appeals and other fees mount up when you want to put someone to death  :unsure:

Oneplus 6 | Sony 55" X900F . Lenovo Y540 17" 144Hz RTX 2060 . i7 9750h. 

Audio-GD DAC-19MK3 > Schiit Lyr 2 + > FOSTEX TH900 . Sony XBA-Z5

Well I think that the death penalty should be instated but some people can be helped and because a valued member to society. But then again some are lost cause. So my opinion is keep the death penalty but have a 4-10 year evaluation period to see if the can better their life so we have a better understanding who deserves to get a second chance or they dersreve to die for what they did

Cpu: Intel i7 4770k @4.4 Ghz | Case: Corsair 350D | Motherbord: Z87 Gryphon | Ram: dominator platinum 4X4 1866 | Video Card: SLI GTX 980 Ti | Power Supply: Seasonic 1000 platinum | Monitor: ACER XB270HU | Keyboard: RK-9100 | Mouse: R.A.T. 7 | Headset : HD 8 DJ | Watercooled

Well... this is a complicated subject. 

On one hand, people's actions should have a punishment associated with it. And certain actions should be so taboo, that a fitting punishment should accompany them (i.e. the death penalty). Pedophilia, for example.

At the same time, you have to think about how the punishment system is built to work. Such punishments are only going to deter normal people. Not the crazy ones. The crazy ones don't care. They are still going to do it. Hell or high water. 

For those people, I feel they should die. I wish it weren't that way, but they aren't going to change. And by "they", I mean the crazy people. The ones who are psychologically broken and won't be "ok" without medication or some new form of therapy we don't have yet.

So punishments should go from mild to moderate. But there should be nothing between moderate and severe (i.e. going straight from 20 years in prison to death) because that's the part where diminishing returns will exist. Where normal people will be like, "What's another year?" or "What's another fine?".

I say that because them sitting in a cell wasting societies resources seems utterly pointless. Unless we effectively turn them into slaves. Supervised labor, as another person put in a prior comment.

It's complicated. I'm fine with the death penalty depending on the circumstances. I'd rather have them work for the good of society (free labor) myself, but whatever.

If we have them as slaves though, then we still have to pay a couple of guards to oversee them (depending on how many prisioners there are). And we still have to feed them. Not a lot, but we do.

I am for it. I believe that for certain crimes such as murder, rape, treason should carry the death penalty. Instead here in the U.S. the person spends life in a comfortable prison with food, education a job, and now even video chat! There are perfectly good citizens who do not have that! I also believe if people knew that death was the penalty crime would go down. 

Life is pain. Anyone who says any different is either selling something or the government.

----CPU: FX-6300 @ 4.2ghz----COOLER: Hyper 212 EVO----MOBO: MSI 970A-G46----PSU: OCZ 600watt----CASE: Black Corsair C70----GPU: Sapphire 7870 dual fan ghz edtion----2 random HDD'S----A couple fans here and there. Mouse: Gigabyte M6900-------Keyboard: Logitech G105-----Mousepad: Steel series something something.

Everyone has the capacity to be rehabilitated into society and life is a right which people have in our society which needs to be upheld.

Really? Rob Pickton has a chance? How about Bin Laden if he had been caught? There are some people who have gone just too far. 

Any country, including Canada, that will extradite a suspect to the States or whichever country has a death penalty is basically consenting to execution. 

But it'd be more of a punishment in my eyes to make them sit in a cell for 50+ years with nothing to do. Soilitary confinement should be permanent for child rapists, murders, rapists etc...

I know it would be expensive, but...eh. Make them suffer. They deserve it.

Totally agree with you.

My thoughts? Make em work for their cage. If they don't work then they don't eat

Big Bertha3570k @ 4.5GhzASRock Fatal1ty Z777970 DCUII TOP EVGA GTX 780Swiftech H220 w/ NF-F1216GB RAM128GB Kingston HyperX 3K1TB Western Digital Black40GB Western Digital Raptor 10K PeripheralsMionix 3200 MouseCMStorm Quickfire Rapid w/ Cherry MX Blues2 x Dell U2713HM AudioAsus ROG Orion Pro HeadsetSony XB-500AKG K240Bose AE2i​Fiio E10

Samsung Galaxy S45.0" 1920x1080p Super AMOLED screen16GB Storage2600 mAh battery1.9Ghz quad-core Krait CPU2GB RAMCyanogenMod CameraNikon D310018x55mm NIKKOR VR Lens14.2 MP

Against it, someone who has just murdered few people know that they'll get a death penalty, so they will just go on a killing spree and take as many lives with him as possible.

the problem with keeping inmates especially in Canada an inmate can cost 50 000 a year to keep, they are treated very well despite them being murderers and rapists, in some cases they can live better than the poor. i say look em up in a dark pit, that cuts down on the costs and gets them what they deserve.

Spoiler

Corsair 400C- Intel i7 6700- Gigabyte Gaming 6- GTX 1080 Founders Ed. - Intel 530 120GB + 2xWD 1TB + Adata 610 256GB- 16GB 2400MHz G.Skill- Evga G2 650 PSU- Corsair H110- ASUS PB278Q- Dell u2412m- Logitech G710+ - Logitech g700 - Sennheiser PC350 SE/598se

Is it just me or is Grammar slowly becoming extinct on LTT? 

My thoughts? Make em work for their cage. If they don't work then they don't eat

So evil... I LOVE IT :D

Really? Rob Pickton has a chance? How about Bin Laden if he had been caught? There are some people who have gone just too far. 

Any country, including Canada, that will extradite a suspect to the States or whichever country has a death penalty is basically consenting to execution. 

Of course, anyone; Bin Laden, Anders Breivik, the whole damn lot. They have just been misled.

Of course, anyone; Bin Laden, Anders Breivik, the whole damn lot. They have just been misled.

Very glad that you're in no position of power.  :rolleyes:  Bin Laden rehabilitated? LOL  :lol:

Very glad that you're in no position of power.  :rolleyes:  Bin Laden rehabilitated? LOL  :lol:

"misled", by who? Themselves?

People are responsible for their actions. 

Although I agree with you that anyone can be rehabilitated, where does it change from being "rehabilitated" to "being brainwashed"? At least from their perspective?

I believe anyone can become a productive member of society, but the "how" is the problem. Until we have that, death penalty is the better choice imo.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

I think you are missing the obvious;

He is dead.

I'm confused. Are you being sarcastic, or are you suggesting that someone like Bin Laden could actually be "rehabilitated" if he were still alive? 

Come on, people. Not even the most ardent informed human rights activists would argue for rehabilitation of genocidal maniacs! If Breivik were just "misled," then the authorities better find the culprits responsible for his crimes against humanity because apparently, he isn't. Just a little reverse brainwashing, and we can turn him into a productive McDonald's manager or low level security guard in 10 years!