How much would this setup cost?

I just watched this video, and I thought, "Wow, these guys must have bank accounts exploding with money." The guy has 16 1080 Ti, and so much other stuff I don't even know. I tried to put it together on pcpartpicker but gave up because I didn't feel like adding 24 64 gig sticks of Ram. I don't know the brands he used for it, but it was bound to cost a lot. And 5 TB of SSD storage!! 4 Xeons! And what would be the profitability in bitcoin that you could mine on there?

2 minutes ago, hiitswilliam said:

And 5 TB of SSD storage!!

That's not a lot TBH.

CPU: Intel Core i7-950 Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R CPU Cooler: NZXT HAVIK 140 RAM: Corsair Dominator DDR3-1600 (1x2GB), Crucial DDR3-1600 (2x4GB), Crucial Ballistix Sport DDR3-1600 (1x4GB) GPU: ASUS GeForce GTX 770 DirectCU II 2GB SSD: Samsung 860 EVO 2.5" 1TB HDDs: WD Green 3.5" 1TB, WD Blue 3.5" 1TB PSU: Corsair AX860i & CableMod ModFlex Cables Case: Fractal Design Meshify C TG (White) Fans: 2x Dynamic X2 GP-12 Monitors: LG 24GL600F, Samsung S24D390 Keyboard: Logitech G710+ Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum Mouse Pad: Steelseries QcK Audio: Bose SoundSport In-Ear Headphones

1 minute ago, r2724r16 said:

That's not a lot TBH.

Why, do you have more than that? That's really not the point.

Just now, hiitswilliam said:

Why, do you have more than that? That's really not the point.

I don't understand what you're saying.

CPU: Intel Core i7-950 Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R CPU Cooler: NZXT HAVIK 140 RAM: Corsair Dominator DDR3-1600 (1x2GB), Crucial DDR3-1600 (2x4GB), Crucial Ballistix Sport DDR3-1600 (1x4GB) GPU: ASUS GeForce GTX 770 DirectCU II 2GB SSD: Samsung 860 EVO 2.5" 1TB HDDs: WD Green 3.5" 1TB, WD Blue 3.5" 1TB PSU: Corsair AX860i & CableMod ModFlex Cables Case: Fractal Design Meshify C TG (White) Fans: 2x Dynamic X2 GP-12 Monitors: LG 24GL600F, Samsung S24D390 Keyboard: Logitech G710+ Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum Mouse Pad: Steelseries QcK Audio: Bose SoundSport In-Ear Headphones

Bitcoin is not mined on GPUs, it's done with specialized ASICs so you would lose money if you did.

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

I doubt you would get any profitability because of the power draw. Also as he said 5tb ssd is not a lot, respectively to the rest of the build

CPU:R9 3900x@4.5Ghz RAM:Vengeance Pro LPX @ 3200mhz MOBO:MSI Tomohawk B350 GPU:PNY GTX 1080 XLR8

DRIVES:500GB Samsung 970 Pro + Patriot Blast 480GB x2 + 12tb RAID10 NAS

MONITORS:Pixio PX329 32inch 1440p 165hz, LG 34UM68-p 1080p 75hz

Also, why would you use PCPP? Why not just use a calculator to determine 24x (cost of single RAM stick) and whatnot?

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

What a waste of money.  You can buy a Porsche Boxter or a down payment on a house.  I wonder if hes going to OC those cards so his fps can be 6000 fps instead of 4400 fps

Asus Sabertooth x79 / 4930k @ 4500 @ 1.408v / Gigabyte WF 2080 RTX / Corsair VG 64GB @ 1866 & AX1600i & H115i Pro @ 2x Noctua NF-A14 / Carbide 330r Blackout

Scarlett 2i2 Audio Interface / KRK Rokits 10" / Sennheiser HD 650 / Logitech G Pro Wireless Mouse & G915 Linear & G935 & C920 / SL 88 Grand / Cakewalk / NF-A14 Int P12 Ex
AOC 40" 4k Curved / LG 55" OLED C9 120hz / LaCie Porsche Design 2TB & 500GB / Samsung 950 Pro 500GB / 850 Pro 500GB / Crucial m4 500GB / Asus M.2 Card

Are those the MSI 1080 Ti armors?  those thermal throttle under normal conditions its a 1070 cooler on a 1080 Ti, not to mention having the stacked with no breathing room.

I'm sure a lot of people would die for 5 TBs of SSDs. And I was wrong about the amount of RAM sticks he used. I think he might've used 32 Gig sticks instead. Still though.

8 hours ago, hiitswilliam said:

I'm sure a lot of people would die for 5 TBs of SSDs. And I was wrong about the amount of RAM sticks he used. I think he might've used 32 Gig sticks instead. Still though.

Dying for essentially $500-600 price tag is quite low point. I would aim for bigger things. When you think about it, 5tb of SSDs is almost same as getting high-end GPU.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

what ever it does cost, it's not worth it.

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

19 hours ago, Arika S said:

what ever it does cost, it's not worth it.

for sure. Definitely not a great value unless it were possible to rig up something more efficient than SLI to play games at 16k 240 fps. That would be super fun. Just imagine your power bill...

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/18/2018 at 9:40 PM, hiitswilliam said:

for sure. Definitely not a great value unless it were possible to rig up something more efficient than SLI to play games at 16k 240 fps. That would be super fun. Just imagine your power bill...

That is really not how it works 

Even if you have 16 gtx 1080Tis you definatley won't get 16k gaming from that at 240 fps in SLI. SLI is so unreliable. Have you seen Lukes compensator 2.0 video? The beast had 4 titan XPs but managed to crash at most games at 4k due to shitty SLI. And when it does work, he received around the 60fps mark at 4k max settings (I think or it was not very impressive) which is actually, really bad compared to how much you can spend. 

But of course if SLI was not shit or somehow after the few months I have been silent on this forum for Nvidia fixed it then of course 16K at 240fps would very much be fun. 

Used to be everywhere in LTT forums, had a break which lasted apparently 1 year LOL. 

Gonna get up againnnn.

Wake me up if I sleep again like Oppy. 

Update:

I realised that 2 gtx 1080tis in SLI got around 30 fps in shadow of moordor in 16K resolution so it looks like SLI is not shit anymore. But still, you would need a KILLER cpu to run at 16k 240fps since the cpu would be the main bottleneck. Especially if your cpu was 4 Xeons. I mean.. But can it run crysis? 

Used to be everywhere in LTT forums, had a break which lasted apparently 1 year LOL. 

Gonna get up againnnn.

Wake me up if I sleep again like Oppy.