What kind of thermal paste do you use?

Nogghan

What thermal paste do you use   

22 members have voted

1. 1. What thermal paste do you use?

• I don't know what ever came with my cooler
    • liquid metal ( on either side of the IHS)
    • Arctic MX-4 or MX-2
    • IC-diamond
    • Aero/Kryo/hydronaugt
    • Gelid GC extreme
    • Noctua NTH1
    • IC graphite pads
    • Some other paste

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on Nov 19, 2018 at 12:21 AM

Just curious what kind is the most popular, I listed some of the more popular pastes I've heard of. 

If it's not on the list please comment below what paste you use 

You can also choose more than one 

thermal grizzly 

PC: CPU: i5-9600k - CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 - GPU: Sapphire Radeon RX 5700 XT 8GB GDDR6 - Motherboard: ASRock - Z370 Extreme4 - RAM: Team - T-Force Delta RGB 16 GB DDR4-3000 - PSU: Corsair - TXM Gold 550 W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply - Case: Thermaltake - Core G21 TG

Just now, lmeneses said:

thermal grizzly 

What one? I listed kyro and hydronaugt and liquid metal 

Just now, Nogghan said:

What one? I listed kyro and hydronaugt and liquid metal 

lmao none you listed

PC: CPU: i5-9600k - CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 - GPU: Sapphire Radeon RX 5700 XT 8GB GDDR6 - Motherboard: ASRock - Z370 Extreme4 - RAM: Team - T-Force Delta RGB 16 GB DDR4-3000 - PSU: Corsair - TXM Gold 550 W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply - Case: Thermaltake - Core G21 TG

Just now, lmeneses said:

lmao none you listed

I didn't think people bought aeronaugt from some things I heard 

Cooler master paste

I hAve an unfinished pc build. Pls dont bully for not having one yet or i cry.

i use a lot of pastes, MX-2 for when temperature is less important than price, Cryopaste CP7 when i happen to not have anything around or want something thats better than MX-2. Hydronaut i used a bit when i had it around because it came with my waterblock but mainly i use NT-H1 because i like the performance, consistency and dont mind paying a bit more if its for a rig where i care about thermals

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

I got Arctic Silver 5 and Cryorig CP7, and they both perform pretty well when I'm gaming or doing video editing/compression..

Computer engineering grad student, cybersecurity researcher, and hobbyist embedded systems developer

Daily Driver:

CPU: Ryzen 7 4800H | GPU: RTX 2060 | RAM: 16GB DDR4 3200MHz C16

Gaming PC:

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600X | GPU: EVGA RTX 2080Ti | RAM: 32GB DDR4 3200MHz C16

I used to use Arctic MX-4 since it's pretty much goof proof but I'm going to try the IC graphite pad on the build I'm currently working on since it will never dry out and be just as goof proof as long as it doesn't slip when I put the cooler on (it's also supposedly reusable).

Jeannie

As long as anyone is oppressed, no one will be safe and free.

One has to be proactive, not reactive, to ensure the safety of one's data so backup your data! And RAID is NOT a backup!

8 hours ago, Lady Fitzgerald said:

I used to use Arctic MX-4 since it's pretty much goof proof but I'm going to try the IC graphite pad on the build I'm currently working on since it will never dry out and be just as goof proof as long as it doesn't slip when I put the cooler on (it's also supposedly reusable).

Take my anecdotal evidence that those pads are everything they're cracked up to be, I bought the 40x40 for my Intel CPU and cut it to 30x30 when I realized it was too big, but either way I've remounted my cooler atleast 20 or more times with this same pad under it, at one point I had kapton tape on the edge to hold it in place and I would not recommend that for a couple reasons one you don't need to do it, and two it will remove material from the graphite pad, but over all highly impressed with the pads 

33 minutes ago, Nogghan said:

Take my anecdotal evidence that those pads are everything they're cracked up to be... 

That seems to be the general concensus. Thanks for the feedback!

Jeannie

As long as anyone is oppressed, no one will be safe and free.

One has to be proactive, not reactive, to ensure the safety of one's data so backup your data! And RAID is NOT a backup!

Depends on what I'm doing. For bare die applications ic diamond 7 or ceramique.

For anything with an ihs literally any of the good performing paste perform a degree or two from each other

6 hours ago, markr54632 said:

For anything with an ihs literally any of the good performing paste perform a degree or two from each other

Agreed, but don't always assume the highest W/mK is better because each company that produces thermal paste tests their W/mK differently so it's hard to compare them directly