4K Gaming is Dumb

"Military grade encryption" is a stupid term that lends credence to suggestions that "civillians" should have a lesser, backdoored encryption suite.

Encryption is either sound or unsound. And if you want something to boast about, boast about perfect forward secrecy or using specific cyphers or trusted platform modules.

14 hours ago, Sypwn said:

I really want the Asus PG27UQ, not because I have a beastly setup that can handle 4K@120hz+, but because I want the choice to play some games (FPSs) at 144hz, and others (RPGs) at 4K, without physically swapping monitors. The HDR looks amazing as well.

The input lag alone makes the Asus PG27UQ more or less unusable in my opinion.  Input lag much be less then the screen refresh or you will be irritated that din's you do not correspond to whats happening on the screen.   Some even experience motion sickness if the difference are to large.   Asus PG27UQ have a input lag of 8.14ms or 122Hz.  So you will at least get one frame delay.

Just make a 4k monitor that can handle 1440p at 120hz like this TV: 

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone know the build specs for the monster 144hz 4k gaming PC he talks about? I have a void in my soul I need to fill with material things. Any help would be appreciated

Edited by sblomkamp
correcting typo

1 minute ago, sblomkamp said:

Anyone know the build specs for the monster 114hz 4k gaming PC he talks about? I have a void in my soul I need to fill with material things. Any help would be appreciated

I don't remember the exact specs but it was an i9-9900K and 2x GTX 2080Ti

Any insight into what keyboard they have on the desk there? Didn't see anything in show notes, but it looks weet

No 4K for me, even 1440p costs too much for my wallet ?

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

• 2 years later...

It's not clear what the native game resolution was for these three comparisons.  Many games are internally at 720p and upscaled prior to output, in which case the monitor can only upscale again causing extra blurring.

OP is wrong for multiplayer coop.  Example: 4 people playing diablo, each focusing on their character (not the whole screen).  Players are all near the huge 4k tv.  At 720p, upscaled, it's horribly junky and even confusing to see what's going on.  Here's where you really do need native 4k not upscaled rubbish.