So..amd a10 7850k gaming benchmarks are here{meh}

RespawnCake

Yeah...

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

slower single core? BS at least it would be somewhat credible if it was the same whit in a margin of error 

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here

That is actually pretty good. It's on par with the consoles performance so I don't see the reason why it's meh. 

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard

Why?

bunch of liars 

full of link baits

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

That is actually pretty good. It's on par with the consoles performance so I don't see the reason why it's meh. 

consoles are around 7850 performance. This is not even close

consoles are around 7850 performance. This is not even close

The PS4 and XBone are running games at 60fps at 900p and under. It would seem that these APU's are running PC games at similar performance are they not.

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard

the problem is on pc you cant upscale 720P to look decent on a 1080P monitor and it makes the UI weird

Too bad that AMD stops trying to get some CPU performance... If you want performance you just need to go to intel, and I'm a AMD fanboy. It really hurts. 

bunch of liars 

full of link baits

You may have your reasons to call us liars but i thought that you should atleast know that the information posted in the article quotes a prime source which originally posted the review of the A10-7850K.

They were asked to remove the review confirming that the performance review posted by them was based upon actual/final/retail hardware that was/is supposed to be under NDA. This review was an NDA breach and hence considered a leak.

Too bad that AMD stops trying to get some CPU performance... If you want performance you just need to go to intel, and I'm a AMD fanboy. It really hurts. 

not necessarily... the 8350 is still a pretty solid cpu right now. I would say go to intel if you need 8350 or higher performance for cpu.

slower single core? BS at least it would be somewhat credible if it was the same whit in a margin of error 

I'd agree with calling BS on the benchmarks. AMD would have to be crazy to release a chip with slower single care performance, and about equal multi-core performance to the last generation of their chips. At that point, why not just make a small clock speed boost with a chip already in production, and upgrades for the future when they are actually ready?

Build LogsPCX - A HTPC/Low End Gaming PC in a Playstation 1 Chasis (90-ish% done) | Yamaha PC-350 (Computer in a RD-350 engine) --> Coming Soon | Mediocre Terrors: Yet Another Prodigy Build Log

I'd agree with calling BS on the benchmarks. AMD would have to be crazy to release a chip with slower single care performance, and about equal multi-core performance to the last generation of their chips. At that point, why not just make a small clock speed boost with a chip already in production, and upgrades for the future when they are actually ready?

AMD was crazy to release bulldozer and they did it anyway.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

not necessarily... the 8350 is still a pretty solid cpu right now. I would say go to intel if you need 8350 or higher performance for cpu.

I would still say go an 8350 if you want an i5 ( if your electric bill is not a problem, that is, if not an i5 is just as good ) but all else go with the i7.

I saw this from miles away, i know i can't really trust these graphs, but the kaveri is nothing special, what i want to know is, what will it do for power consumption. AMD stuff is slower in benchmarks, but in the real world that is not seen to that extent, in synthetic benchmarks we can see a lot of intel stuff annihilate AMD, but the truth is not as the benchmarks say ( at least not 100% ).

If kaveri turns out to be efficient, and does need a lot less power, AMD has a potential of hitting it big with this, the only thing fx series really needed was less power consumption, so if this ends up being efficient, we might even see, an 8 core APU sooner then we think, i think AMD made a mistake with not making another fx 8 core chip, but this way, they can focus again, and get some strength to get back in the battle and take it's place as the real contender to the performance crown, and APU in the long run will make this happen!   

System

CPU: i7 4770kMotherboard: Asus Maximus VI HeroRAM: HyperX KHX318C9SRK4/32 - 32GB DDR3-1866 CL9 / GPU: Gainward Geforce GTX 670 Phantom Case: Cooler Master HAF XBStorage: 1 TB WD BluePSU: Cooler Master V-650sDisplay(s): Dell U2312HM, LG194WT, LG E1941

Cooling: Noctua NH-D15Keyboard: Logitech G710+Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus SpectrumSound: Focusrite 2i4 - USB DAC / OS: Windows 7 (still holding on XD)

AMD was crazy to release bulldozer and they did it anyway.

I'd like to think that AMD learned something from that, but you never know I guess.

Build LogsPCX - A HTPC/Low End Gaming PC in a Playstation 1 Chasis (90-ish% done) | Yamaha PC-350 (Computer in a RD-350 engine) --> Coming Soon | Mediocre Terrors: Yet Another Prodigy Build Log

The PS4 and XBone are running games at 60fps at 900p and under. It would seem that these APU's are running PC games at similar performance are they not.

im sry what? are we talking about the same thing? 

Look at the graphics above. some games at 900p, some at 720p and some at less, even 800*600. And all of them at low settings. 

Ps4 maybe does not play games at ultra extreme settings, but it has very good quality for its price. Better than 900p at low settings at least

the problem is on pc you cant upscale 720P to look decent on a 1080P monitor and it makes the UI weird

what do you mean? Never seen any problems that shouldn't have been there on upscaled content

Finally my Santa hat doesn't look out of place

im sry what? are we talking about the same thing? 

Look at the graphics above. some games at 900p, some at 720p and some at less, even 800*600. And all of them at low settings. 

Ps4 maybe does not play games at ultra extreme settings, but it has very good quality for its price. Better than 900p at low settings at least

Sorry didn't see that. But still AMD's APU for the desktop are getting better and it won't be long before we can build a PC that performs better than the consoles for about £300.

(\__/)

(='.'=)

I'd like to think that AMD learned something from that

They took such a battering when they released bulldozer fx that they decide to throw in the towel and they gave up on trying to make high performance CPUs (for desktop or server). Piledriver probably came out because it was just one year away from release so they had already done the R&D.

The gap between Intel and AMD is just getting wider and wider. It's kind of sad, especially when Intel might release their Broadwell 14nm CPU's this year or next year.

Mobo: Z97 MSI Gaming 7 / CPU: i5-4690k@4.5GHz 1.23v / GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 / RAM: 8GB DDR3 1600MHz@CL9 1.5v / PSU: Corsair CX500M / Case: NZXT 410 / Monitor: 1080p IPS Acer R240HY bidx

The gap between Intel and AMD is just getting wider and wider.

Honestly the improvement from bulldozer to piledriver FX within just one year was quite satisfactory.

If they had managed to stick to that planned annual release schedule through steamroller-excavator with the same performance improvements then they would have caught up with Intel. Which is why I was very positive after piledriver release, I thought it was a good execution in a short time.

But then they went and cancelled their future performance CPUs for server and desktop.