Assistance needed for purchasing a new monitor 144hz $400-600 aud

Hulkri

With my old monitor on its last leg i need a new one. I spend most of my time gaming and general use currently looking for a 24-27 inch, 144hz and g-sync would be nice. Currently using a 980ti which i hopefully wont upgrade for a year or two, so not sure if its worth going with a 1440p monitor. Any Advice would help greatly.

https://au.pcpartpicker.com/product/4cbkcf/acer-monitor-xb241h is what im looking at the moment

You'll have trouble running 144fps on 1440p in AAA games. Id Stay in the 1080p range, unless you're fine with turn down the refresh rate on 1440 until you get another graphics card.

Community Standards || Tech News Posting Guidelines

---======================================================================---

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: RTX 3070|| Memory: 32GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken || PSU: 650W EVGA GM || Case: NR200P

18 minutes ago, Slottr said:

You'll have trouble running 144fps on 1440p in AAA games. Id Stay in the 1080p range, unless you're fine with turn down the refresh rate on 1440 until you get another graphics card.

If has gsync then it would automatically change the refresh rate to the fps being outputted. 

39 minutes ago, Hulkri said:

With my old monitor on its last leg i need a new one. I spend most of my time gaming and general use currently looking for a 24-27 inch, 144hz and g-sync would be nice. Currently using a 980ti which i hopefully wont upgrade for a year or two, so not sure if its worth going with a 1440p monitor. Any Advice would help greatly.

https://au.pcpartpicker.com/product/4cbkcf/acer-monitor-xb241h is what im looking at the moment

Just get a 240hz monitor if you are going to buy a 1080p gsync monitor otherwise go 1440p and grow into the monitor over time. 

40 minutes ago, Hulkri said:

Just save money with a 1080p 144hz free-sync display

screen tearing is less noticeable at 144hz anyways.

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?