Using all channels of home theater with Chromecast.

Wierzbak

So I have this home theater system my girlfriend brought from home, Samsung HT-H4550R. We want to use it mostly for playing music in our living room, we don't even have a TV. I need Chromecast in my life, as it makes it so easy to play music from Spotify and other services. We do have, however, a spare 1080p 23" monitor. So I really wanted to go with a regular Chromecast, not the audio version, in case during a party someone would want to play a music video or something. The problem is, the system does not have a HDMI input. So I thought that I will connect Chromecast to a monitor, and then connect monitor to the system via aux (it is the only output that monitor has). But there is a problem: when using aux, only 2 channels are in use. So how would you suggest to put it all together to use all channels?

im going to take a guess but the monitor sound output is only 2 channel.....you will have to change the receiver setting to make the stereo  do simulated surround(i tried looking your yours up but no manual to see if it even supports doing that)

looking at reviews thou some wanted bt to send the sound and added a bluetooth receiver to the aux port...i honestly still not sure what formats it will support with that....i know my pioneer excepts dolby formats through bt from my phone

There is a downmixing option in settings, but it's grayed out and can't be changed.

Do you think replacing the player with something like this (https://m.aliexpress.com/item/32828816180.html?trace=wwwdetail2mobilesitedetail&productId=32828816180&productSubject=5-1CH-HDMI-Audio-Extractor-Decode-Coaxial-to-RCA-AC3-DST-to-5-1-Amplifier-Analog)

and then connecting Chromecast to it as input, and then monitor and speakers as output would work?

IMG_20181104_191132.jpg