Can I take the (roof) top part of this DC IN plug in because I need to unbend a pin inside, is the top half important

The top might help with retaining the plug but as (I gather from the pic) it's inside a laptop I don't think it would matter too much. However.....

Can you work out if the pin is required? It will probably break off very easily now that it has been bent. If not required then just push the pin around a bit with something and it should break off.

If you do need it then be very cautious to move it as little as possible. Like I said it will now break off very easily IME.

If you're interested in a product please download and read the manual first.

Don't forget to tag or quote in your reply if you want me to know you've answered or have another question.

I have to disagree with James Evens. If you can reattach the top in some way, so don't mangle it, then it's safe to do. A much more sketch approach is to make sure that any cable you plug in after this doesn't put any upward torque on the connector.

Have you considered only snipping off the part you need to access the connector? 

Ryzen 7 3700X

Aorus GTX 1080ti

G.Skill TridentZ 3200MHz 2x8GB

Corsair SFX 750W

Phanteks Evolve Shift Air (glass front)

2x Corsair Force GS 120GB SSD (RAID 0)

Take the whole board out and try that way, disassembling that plug might be irreparable