Win 10 installs Bootable USB e.t.c., many questions.

CarlBar

I was watching an old Linus build guide video and it said a guide on how to install and configure Win 10 from a USB was here. Sadly i can't seem to find it though i may have glossed right over the top without noticing. My ability to miss the painfully obvious but notice the extraneous is even greater than Linuses ability to drop expensive things. I haven't done a fresh install without optical media for Windows ever.

I'd also appreciate a tutorial on how to disable Windows 10's various tracking my usage features and deleting programs and stuff. I'm particularly worried about my ancient 2nd, (or possibly 3rd or more, we found it in a pile of computer stuff going for recycling), hand copy of office 2003. The only other things it's likely to throw a hissy fit on are some old modding utilities and the like but i'm going to need to upgrade my 8.1 to 10 for dx12 support and really don;t want it causing me 50 kinds of hassle. (The USB fresh install question is for putting together someone else's system).

It's impossible to completely disable all tracking stuff in Windows unless you do some registry tweaking (which I don't recommend). What you can do is, when setting up Windows after the installation you will be promted to enable/disable speech regignition and the likes. In here there will also be general tracking stuff you can disable. There will be several pages looking something like this. Just say no to them all. There will be one however where you only can press 'Full' or 'Basic'. Here you just press 'Basic'.Image result for windows 10 setup privacy

Please mention or quote me if you want a response. :) 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I was aware you can only mostly disable it TBF. My main concern was getting a good solid tutorial and of course the whole program deletion thing.

9 minutes ago, CarlBar said:

I was aware you can only mostly disable it TBF. My main concern was getting a good solid tutorial and of course the whole program deletion thing.

Seriously a million youtube tutorials.

They even make tools to do it now for you.

Oh sure there's a million guides out there, but most of them are old and i don't know how trustworthy the people making them are. The internet is full of so much bumff, junk, bad info and outright scams these days i tend to take anything i hear that i can;t corroborate from multiple sources easily or which is not from someone i've come to trust with massive amounts of salt. These forus largely fall into the latter category.

You can create a bootable USB straight from the media creation tool: 

https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/software-download/windows10

As for 'privacy', it's just a case of going through the settings and disabling what you can? 

I mean there's powershell scripts and stuff you can run, but most of them will probably cause you more problems than they solve. 

You're fighting a losing battle, so the fight is not worth fighting IMO

DISCLAIMER 

Everything i say is my own opinion. So if you disagree with what I post, you are wrong. 

Now why couldn't google have sent me to that. Maybe the way i asked it the question, it can be odd that way somtimes.

Many thanks :).