RAM with Threadripper?

I'm planning on doing a threadripper build focused on aesthetic. Is high speed RAM going to make a difference with threadripper? Should I pick up 3000 over 2666? Planning to use Team's White RGB kit because it comes in 4GB sticks, so I can fill all 8 slots without spending too much, costs $300 for 8x4GB or 4 2x4GB kits. Is there any issue with me doing this? My board is an Asus Prime X399-A and I'm planning on using a 1920X or 1950X if I can find a good deal. 

https://www.reddit.com/user/scarlet_shade/

Main PC: (custom waterloop)

Threadripper 1950X @ stock 

8x8(64GB) Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro @ 3000mhz

Asus Prime X399-A

2x EVGA 980 Ti Classified w/ EK Waterblocks (SLI)

Corsair AX1200 w/ White Cablemod

512GB Samsung 850 Pro

512GB Intel 600p M.2 NVME

NZXT H700i White

'Media' PC:

i5 8600k @ 4.9GHz

Corsair H80i 120mm AIO

16GB TridentZ @ 4133mhz

Asus z370-i Strix ITX

EVGA GTX 1070 Ti FTW2 

Corsair SF600 SFX PSU

256GB SL308 SSD

500GB WD Blue SSD

Thermaltake Core V1 ITX Case

1 minute ago, Evni said:

I'm planning on doing a threadripper build focused on aesthetic. Is high speed RAM going to make a difference with threadripper? Should I pick up 3000 over 2666? Planning to use Team's White RGB kit because it comes in 4GB sticks, so I can fill all 8 slots without spending too much, costs $300 for 8x4GB or 4 2x4GB kits. Is there any issue with me doing this? My board is an Asus Prime X399-A and I'm planning on using a 1920X or 1950X if I can find a good deal. 

I would recommend 3000+ for ryzen in general. not that you will notice the difference by that much, but it's worth the extra money

If you want ECC, your choices are pretty much 2666 and 2933 Mhz.

Without ECC, imho I'd say the sweetspot is still at around 2933-3000 Mhz - it won't improve performance significantly to be worth the extra cash.

Go to the Asus website and look up the approved RAM for that board, then pick the one you like the design of best.  That way you will have working RAM at the rated speed.

Other than that, if you stick to SAMSUNG BDIE you should also be ok. 

TR4 is a little picky with RAM.

Threadripper system is the same as Ryzen but with more cores. So basically it would need the same stuff.

Use ECC memory if you really need to, ECC memory is slower than regular memory.

Plus there's no ECC memory with eyecandy like rgb led and stuff.

That would defeat the "aestetic" purpose of this build.

Ryzen 5700g @ 4.4ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | 3060 | 2x 16gb Micron E 2666 @ 4200mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 12 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w

Just the presence of RGB on the ram chips alone can affect transmission of data between ram and cpu when so many slots are so close together.

Here's 2933Mhz ECC kit tested:

edit: I would't buy 4 GB sticks. Gigabyte is working on memory kits that contain a few "slot filler" DDR4 sticks, which only have the RGB and the heatsink , see at around 6:40 :