"Intel announces Edison, a computer the size of an SD card"

TopWargamer

so this is where Haswell is best, low power consumption, great power (for its size) I would like to see a micro usb connector on it though,, wireless is nice but it fucks up a lot

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."

Main rig:

i7-4790 - 24GB RAM - GTX 970 - Samsung 840 240GB Evo - 2x 2TB Seagate. - 4 monitors - G710+ - G600 - Zalman Z9U3

Other devices

Oneplus One 64GB Sandstone

Surface Pro 3 - i7 - 256Gb

Surface RT

Server:

SuperMicro something - Xeon e3 1220 V2 - 12GB RAM - 16TB of Seagates 

I kinda like computers as they are now, you have to option to customize, upgrade and show off your rigs.

This would be very difficult with something like this, however for mobile computing and maybe tablet-like systems this may be something its all going to shift towards

This is great for those lego modular phones companies are trying to make lol.

how is the keyboard flex and can I get it with a docking station?

And what happens when you drop it somewhere and you can't find it? lol That would suck... Cool stuff, though.

HARDWARE INTERRUPT MOTHAF#%A!
WINDOWS 10 = adware, driven by spyware

full pentium class machine... Pentium 1 MAYBE with MMX tech

I hope they'll redesign Glass and integrate a computer into it. If they can shrink a computer to this size, they can shrink a DSLR too :3

Let me plug that usb port.... Oh wait...

FX8320 4.2Ghz@1.280v& 4.5 Ghz Turbo@1.312v Thermalright HR-02/w TY-147 140MM+Arctic Cooling 120MMVRM cooled by AMD Stock Cooler Fan 70MM 0-7200 RPM PWM controlled via SpeedfanGigabyte GA990XA-UD3Gigabyte HD 7970 SOC@R9 280X120GiBee Kingston HyperX 3K2TB Toshiba DT01ACA2001TB WD GreenZalman Z11+Enermax 140MM TB Apollish RED+2X Deepcool 120MM and stock fans running @5VSingle Channel Patriot 8GB (1333MHZ)+Dual Channel 4GB&2GB Kingston NANO Gaming(1600MHZ CL9)=14GB 1,600 Jigahurtz 10-10-9-29 CR1@1.28VSirtec High Power 500WASUS Xonar DG, Logitech F510Sony MDR-XD200Edifier X220 + Edifier 3200A4Tech XL-747H 3600dpiA4Tech X7-200MPdecent membrane keyboardPhilips 236V3LSB 23" 1080p@71Hz .

Sorry for my English....

Obviously not its got no dedicated gpu and is "pentium class" :3 

But can it run Doom?

System Specs: AMD Phenom II X6 1100T Six-core CPU, AMD Radeon HD 6970 2 GB GDDR5 16X PCIe Video Card, MSI 890FXA-GD70 Motherboard, Kingston Hyper-X 1600 MHz RAM, ADATA 128 GB MLC SSD, 2 TB HDD, Astec Dual 120 mm closed Liquid cooling Loop, Cooler Master 800W Silent Pro Gold (80 Plus Gold Certified) PSU, Razer Black Widow Ultimate 2013 Gaming Keyboard (Love me my Cherry MX Blue Switches), a Razer Taipan Gaming Mouse (8200 dpi 4G sensor FTW!), Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit

Would it be possible to sort of combine a bunch of these for maximum power? Imagine a computer case with 1000 of these things working together.

NZXT Phantom|FX-8320 @4.4GHz|Gigabyte 970A-UD3P|240GB SSD|2x 500GB HDD|16GB RAM|2x AMD MSI R9 270|2x 1080p IPS|Win 10

Dell Precision M4500 - Dell Latitude E4310 - HTC One M8

$200 Volvo 245

Would it be possible to sort of combine a bunch of these for maximum power? Imagine a computer case with 1000 of these things working together.

It would be cool to see a docking bay the size of a smart phone that you plug these modular SoC's into. Instead of it being an entire system in one card, one "SD Card" is dedicated towards graphics, one towards ram, etc... and you just plug them into the slots in a base station. If you need to upgrade to a better processor down the line, you just buy a new processor "SD card". So like Razer's Project Christine, but on this small of a level.

"You can try to play chess with a pigeon. But even if you win, it'll shit on the board and strut around."

This is pretty nice but wonder how much it would cost. But this would be great for users who just do web browsing.

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

It would be cool to see a docking bay the size of a smart phone that you plug these modular SoC's into. Instead of it being an entire system in one card, one "SD Card" is dedicated towards graphics, one towards ram, etc... and you just plug them into the slots in a base station. If you need to upgrade to a better processor down the line, you just buy a new processor "SD card". So like Razer's Project Christine, but on this small of a level.

Basically Project Ara and PhoneBloks (both for phones)

Basically Project Ara and PhoneBloks (both for phones)

Essentially.

"You can try to play chess with a pigeon. But even if you win, it'll shit on the board and strut around."

CES is more exciting than Christmas.

You have that right.

Nothing to see here, move along

Where do I...??? Where does it go???... the cables, can't find the hubs