EK - Cryofuel Solid

It's been about 6 months with the coolant inside the computer and I think I'm ready for a new color change or something along that. I go onto EK's site and see a new series of Cryofuel called solid and was wondering if anyone has tried it or knows chemically what it's made up of to see if it's going to end up like a failure as Primochill's Vue or something.

Thanks

i would not buy just on principal of the name.    i know you don't judge a book by its cover.  But a Fluid named Solid.   i don't need oobleck in my tubes thanks. 

Still curious if you find out any more info,   nanofluids are prone to failure and i have yet to find a suitable use for them.

6 hours ago, OsuMasterz said:

It's been about 6 months with the coolant inside the computer and I think I'm ready for a new color change or something along that. I go onto EK's site and see a new series of Cryofuel called solid and was wondering if anyone has tried it or knows chemically what it's made up of to see if it's going to end up like a failure as Primochill's Vue or something.

Thanks

If your are weary it would be best to wait a little bit to see how well they age but looking at their MSDS it's the same base content as their transparent cryofuel products. 

https://www.ekwb.com/shop/EK-IM/EK-IM-3831109880234.pdf

If there aren't inherit issues such as with Primochill Vue and the low success rates I wouldn't see any worry with it. 

I can't attest for how they last, but I put it in my new loop today in Cloud White. 44867737_2108941722656392_8610310380708691968_n.thumb.jpg.84a5578249f7794644116a4544a90986.jpg

SLI 1070 Setup for sale!!!

On 10/28/2018 at 10:37 AM, reptileexperts said:

I can't attest for how they last, but I put it in my new loop today in Cloud White.

Does your white look like Primochill Vue fluid?

I picked up a bottle of the Azure blue concentrate today and looks like Vue after it's been mixed with water, should it look like this? My first time using a solid fluid.

Haven't put it in my loop yet.

It's been sitting on my desk for a couple hours and it looks like there is sediment build up on the bottom of the bottle already, not sure i even want to put it on my loop now.

2 hours ago, ShadyHamster said:

Does your white look like Primochill Vue fluid?

I picked up a bottle of the Azure blue concentrate today and looks like Vue after it's been mixed with water, should it look like this? My first time using a solid fluid.

Haven't put it in my loop yet.

It's been sitting on my desk for a couple hours and it looks like there is sediment build up on the bottom of the bottle already, not sure i even want to put it on my loop now.

I honestly bought the premix (1 liter) to not deal with concentrates. It does NOT look like Vue however, it is thoroughly homogenous without any uneven mixing. Pretty much looks like pastal white from mayhem albeit a little "thinner" in appearance. But I did check the original bottle that had a little bit left in it, and there was no sediment at the bottom. May want to try mixing it longer, but I wouldnt put it in a loop if you have any residual

SLI 1070 Setup for sale!!!

Didn't get to check the original bottle as i shook that before poring into another bottle.

Gave it good 10min mix and it's still looking like Vue.

I might send EK email and see what they have to say.

sediment.jpg

Ewww, Vue settles like that and c1000 just freaks me out. Really want to use Vue but so many conditions... Really dont want to tear everything down.

Been using mayhem pastel white and buy some colours it just works.

Xt1 for UV colours. 

CPU | AMD Ryzen 7 7700X | GPU | ASUS TUF RTX3080 | PSU | Corsair RM850i | RAM 2x16GB X5 6000Mhz CL32 MOTHERBOARD | Asus TUF Gaming X670E-PLUS WIFI | 
STORAGE 
| 2x Samsung Evo 970 256GB NVME  | COOLING 
| Hard Line Custom Loop O11XL Dynamic + EK Distro + EK Velocity  | MONITOR | Samsung G9 Neo