Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

the article 13 crap is making me depressed

Ashley MLP Fangirl
 Share

all this crap about article 13 is starting to make me really scared and depressed... 

 

basically i have no real friends, so the internet is all i have to entertain me... and just thinking about what will happen now is making me really scared that that will go away. most of the creators i watch on youtube are not from the EU, so i might not be able to watch them anymore.... forums will either be moderated to hell or be blocked entirely... twitter, which is what i use to follow all of my favorite creators will be modereted out of existence too...  it's just... awful... 

 

it's like all of the stuff that i enjoy will dissapear... 

 

i'm so scared of what will happen if it passes... i hate being scared and worrying. it makes me so sad... 

She/Her

MacBook Pro 13" Early 2015 | i5 5257U | Intel Iris 6100 | 8GB Ram | 120GB SSD | macOS Monterey

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

funny how the guys behind that are the same guys that complain about communist countries censorship oh how the tables have turned

ASUS X470-PRO • R7 1700 4GHz • Corsair H110i GT P/P • 2x MSI RX 480 8G • Corsair DP 2x8 @3466 • EVGA 750 G2 • Corsair 730T • Crucial MX500 250GB • WD 4TB

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, aezakmi said:

funny how the guys behind that are the same guys that complain about communist countries censorship oh how the tables have turned

i'm not gonna get political here, but article 13 isn't censorship is it? article 13 has to do with copyright...

 

censorship
noun
 
  1. the suppression or prohibition of any parts of books, films, news, etc. that are considered obscene, politically unacceptable, or a threat to security.

She/Her

MacBook Pro 13" Early 2015 | i5 5257U | Intel Iris 6100 | 8GB Ram | 120GB SSD | macOS Monterey

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, firelighter487 said:

most of the creators i watch on youtube are not from the EU, so i might not be able to watch them anymore.... forums will either be moderated to hell or be blocked entirely... twitter, which is what i use to follow all of my favorite creators will be modereted out of existence too.

This is censorship, not copyright.

 

Article 13 is what bans memes because it's somehow a form of copyright. Censorship is what you're describing. An example would be if the staff team here decided to remove any and all replies stating that Intel is bad, AMD is better, etc making this forum look like a pro-Intel forum.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If my post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // PSU Tier List // Bugs and Issues // Join Floatplane! // Join the LTT Official Discord //

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

This is censorship, not copyright.

 

Article 13 is what bans memes because it's somehow a form of copyright. Censorship is what you're describing. An example would be if the staff team here decided to remove any and all replies stating that Intel is bad, AMD is better, etc making this forum look like a pro-Intel forum.

ok, so twitter and stuff will continue to exist then? 

She/Her

MacBook Pro 13" Early 2015 | i5 5257U | Intel Iris 6100 | 8GB Ram | 120GB SSD | macOS Monterey

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, firelighter487 said:

ok, so twitter and stuff will continue to exist then? 

They exist even in China. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Article 13 ELI5?

Desktop: 11700k @ stock, 32gb ddr4 @ 3000, 3080Ti, Maximus XIII.

 

Laptop: Dell G3 15 - i7-8750h @ stock, 16gb ddr4 @ 2666, 1050Ti 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, RorzNZ said:

They exist even in China. 

Highly filtered, backdoored and monitored or exist illegally in China.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, firelighter487 said:

i'm not gonna get political here, but article 13 isn't censorship is it? article 13 has to do with copyright...

 

censorship
noun
 
  1. the suppression or prohibition of any parts of books, films, news, etc. that are considered obscene, politically unacceptable, or a threat to security.

it's a form of censorship because they'll be punishing whoever posts an image that's unacceptable according to that article

 

the corporations greed has no limits

ASUS X470-PRO • R7 1700 4GHz • Corsair H110i GT P/P • 2x MSI RX 480 8G • Corsair DP 2x8 @3466 • EVGA 750 G2 • Corsair 730T • Crucial MX500 250GB • WD 4TB

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

article 13 is making you sad? why? youtube wont even be impacted by the law as its written right now nor is any other platform whose main purpose isnt to distribute copyright protected content. pretty much just things like TPB will be hit. youtube gets even further ignored by the fact that even if its decided that their main purpose is to distribute copyrighted content and to make profit off them because they have the content ID system and are doing their best to keep that stuff away and they remove any content on a copyright owners request. 

 

the media are making it out to something its not. i generally dont disagree with the general media but this is one they have butchered tbh

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

 

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

 

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Amazonsucks said:

Highly filtered, backdoored and monitored or exist illegally in China.

Well yeah, but its there. Even better talk to your friends and colleagues about your views instead of putting stuff on the internet.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share


×