Is xeon x5670 overclockable through software?

Sorry for my bad english

I wanted to know that i have dell precision t3500 with xeon w3565 and my freind is giving me an x5670 i know that w3565 is not overclockable through software like XTU , Throttlestop but i wanted to know that x5670 supports software overclocking?

You could certainly download it and try it out

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

1 minute ago, fasauceome said:

You could certainly download it and try it out

I don't have the cpu ri8 now

Just now, Muhammad Osama said:

I don't have the cpu ri8 now

Yes but you can't overclock it until you have it, so you can wait until you have it and find out

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

3 minutes ago, fasauceome said:

Yes but you can't overclock it until you have it, so you can wait until you have it and find out

Haha but i m like worry

Just now, Muhammad Osama said:

Haha but i m like worry

Not much to worry about, the 5670 has more cores so if that's what you want the overclocking is just a nice addition. The the 3565 has a faster clock speed though so if you need the CPU for gaming, you have to consider keeping your current CPU. 

Primary PC:

you cant do anything with a dell board. they are super locked down

Rig Specs:

AMD Threadripper 5990WX@4.8Ghz

Asus Zenith III Extreme

Asrock OC Formula 7970XTX Quadfire

G.Skill Ripheartout X OC 7000Mhz C28 DDR5 4X16GB  

Super Flower Power Leadex 2000W Psu's X2

Harrynowl's 775/771 OC and mod guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/232325-lga775-core2duo-core2quad-overclocking-guide/ http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/365998-mod-lga771-to-lga775-cpu-modification-tutorial/

ProKoN haswell/DC OC guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/41234-intel-haswell-4670k-4770k-overclocking-guide/

"desperate for just a bit more money to watercool, the titan x would be thankful" Carter -2016

1 hour ago, fasauceome said:

Not much to worry about, the 5670 has more cores so if that's what you want the overclocking is just a nice addition. The the 3565 has a faster clock speed though so if you need the CPU for gaming, you have to consider keeping your current CPU. 

So i will lose performance in gaming if i will upgrade to 5670..? 5670 has not a much lower clock then a 3565

34 minutes ago, Muhammad Osama said:

So i will lose performance in gaming if i will upgrade to 5670..? 5670 has not a much lower clock then a 3565

The difference in games might not be noticeable, but a 6 core CPU that's slower than a 4 core CPU is generally worse. However, if you find that you can overclock, then making up the lost performance will be easy. Just some stuff to think about before you get your hands on it

Primary PC:

X5670 has a locked multiplier. My Asus motherboard would overclock with that CPU through base clock overclocking. The question then becomes, will throttlestop bclk overclock, and does your Mobo have the needed hardware to facilitate that?.

Black Knight-

Ryzen 5 5600, GIGABYTE B550M DS3H, 16Gb Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000mhz, Asrock RX 6800 XT Phantom Gaming,

Seasonic Focus GM 750, Samsung EVO 860 EVO SSD M.2, Intel 660p Series M.2 2280 1TB PCIe NVMe, Linux Mint 20.2 Cinnamon

Daughter's Rig;

MSI B450 A Pro, Ryzen 5 3600x, 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000mhz, Silicon Power A55 512GB SSD, Gigabyte RX 5700 Gaming OC, Corsair CX430

6 hours ago, fasauceome said:

The difference in games might not be noticeable, but a 6 core CPU that's slower than a 4 core CPU is generally worse. However, if you find that you can overclock, then making up the lost performance will be easy. Just some stuff to think about before you get your hands on it

Ok thanks

4 hours ago, asand1 said:

X5670 has a locked multiplier. My Asus motherboard would overclock with that CPU through base clock overclocking. The question then becomes, will throttlestop bclk overclock, and does your Mobo have the needed hardware to facilitate that?.

What hardware should i need? If you are talking about the power supply then i have a 525 watt power supply

Not the power supply. I am saying it's doubtful you will be able to overclock with a Dell motherboard.

Black Knight-

Ryzen 5 5600, GIGABYTE B550M DS3H, 16Gb Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000mhz, Asrock RX 6800 XT Phantom Gaming,

Seasonic Focus GM 750, Samsung EVO 860 EVO SSD M.2, Intel 660p Series M.2 2280 1TB PCIe NVMe, Linux Mint 20.2 Cinnamon

Daughter's Rig;

MSI B450 A Pro, Ryzen 5 3600x, 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000mhz, Silicon Power A55 512GB SSD, Gigabyte RX 5700 Gaming OC, Corsair CX430

14 minutes ago, asand1 said:

Not the power supply. I am saying it's doubtful you will be able to overclock with a Dell motherboard.

Ohh

9 hours ago, Muhammad Osama said:

Sorry for my bad english

I wanted to know that i have dell precision t3500 with xeon w3565 and my freind is giving me an x5670 i know that w3565 is not overclockable through software like XTU , Throttlestop but i wanted to know that x5670 supports software overclocking?

not sure if intel extreme tuning utility support LGA1366 platform?

but even if it does it's always better to do your overclock in UEFI though.

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR