Laptop GPU rx560m vs mx150

Hey guys!

Help me as I'm struggling here. Do any one can help me weight pros and cons of 2 comparable gpu for laptops? Namely AMD Radeon RX 560M vs geforce mx 150.

So far i could find that while RX delivers better performance but its TDP is nearly 2-3x higher! Is it even worth it?

Heres the link for the notebookcheck.net that had any reasonable information (dunno if reliable)

https://www.notebookcheck.net/GeForce-MX150-vs-Radeon-RX-560-Laptop_8000_7682.247598.0.html

Whats your opinion? Let me know!

15 minutes ago, Karaseko said:

Something with more performance typically uses more power, assuming equal process technology.

but it's not like it should affect the average battery life much, as when it's idle it's not going to use much power.

If you need a mobile gaming machine of some kind stick to the RX 560.

Or possibly look into an R5 2500U machine if the price is under $500, something like the Matebook D

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

38 minutes ago, Streetguru said:

Something with more performance typically uses more power, assuming equal process technology.

but it's not like it should affect the average battery life much, as when it's idle it's not going to use much power.

If you need a mobile gaming machine of some kind stick to the RX 560.

Or possibly look into an R5 2500U machine if the price is under $500, something like the Matebook D

Truth to be told im looking at 2 specific laptops which are almost identical in build and specs. The only difference are those GPUs.

Here are the specs:

Lenovo IdeaPad 720-15IKBR
Intel Core i7-8550U
AMD Radeon RX 560M
8 Gb of RAM

45 Wh battery

New Dell Inspiron 15 7700
Intel Core i7-8565U
GeForce MX150 

8 Gb of RAM

43 Wh battery

Price is indentical. The only thing is getting RX worth sacrificing battery life

40 minutes ago, Karaseko said:

If you want to do any kind of gaming stick to the RX 560

You can always limit it a bunch when you don't plan on doing gaming to increase the battery life. Like lowering the clock speed/voltage assuming it's unlocked.

There's also Radeon Chill which will make games run at a lower fps while nothing is happening on screen to keep your temps/power usage down

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

14 minutes ago, Streetguru said:

You can always limit it a bunch when you don't plan on doing gaming to increase the battery life. Like lowering the clock speed/voltage assuming it's unlocked.

There's also Radeon Chill which will make games run at a lower fps while nothing is happening on screen to keep your temps/power usage down

It's for work/business mostly but I wont lie, I like to play a little Europa universalis IV or some indie games during slow hours :)

Thank you for your advice

Both are overpriced models IMO

Where are you from? Budget? Usage? Preferred max weight, display size and min battery life?

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 5600 Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE ARGB Gigabyte B550M DS3H mATX

Asrock Challenger Pro OC Radeon RX 6700 XT Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (8Gx2) 3600MHz CL18 Kingston NV2 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD

Montech Century 850W Gold Tecware Nexus Air (Black) ATX Mid Tower

Laptop: Lenovo Ideapad 5 Pro 16ACH6

Phone: Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro 8+128

1 hour ago, GeneXiS_X said:

Both are overpriced models IMO

Where are you from? Budget? Usage? Preferred max weight, display size and min battery life?

Europe, about 900 euro, mostly work with time to time gaming as i said above.

As it's laptop for work, and i go to quite a bit of meetings it needs to be slim and look professional, nothing that screams GAMERS is an option. I choose those two as they offer whole aluminum chassis with thin bezels and okish hardware. In this case thin bezels is a must. So I'm aiming for about 22mm height max, with weight +/-2kg and less. As for battery it has to be able to withstand a light load for more than +/-5h, 8h would be ideal. 

Display size 15'6".

Any links of online stores?

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 5600 Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE ARGB Gigabyte B550M DS3H mATX

Asrock Challenger Pro OC Radeon RX 6700 XT Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (8Gx2) 3600MHz CL18 Kingston NV2 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD

53 minutes ago, GeneXiS_X said:

Any links of online stores?

Sure but they are only in my native language w/o English version. (I know, backwater but what can you do :/ ) Still interested? 

Optionally you can link your proposed models from any website (worldwide) and I'll look them up myself locally.   

31 minutes ago, Karaseko said:

Sure but they are only in my native language w/o English version. (I know, backwater but what can you do :/ ) Still interested?

Yes, I have Google Translate so no worries

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

13 minutes ago, GeneXiS_X said:

Yes, I have Google Translate so no worries

https://www.x-kom.pl/g-2/c/1522-notebooki-laptopy-15-6.html

https://www.oleole.pl/laptopy-i-netbooki.bhtml?link=mainnavi

https://www.mediaexpert.pl/laptopy/filtry/przekatna-ekranu-cal,od-15-4-do-15-6/

https://www.euro.com.pl/laptopy-i-netbooki.bhtml?link=mainnavi

https://www.avans.pl/komputery-i-tablety/laptopy-i-ultrabooki/laptopy

Those have the most variety i guess. Sadly their offer often differs when comes to types and models 

Price range should be up to 4500 as they don't operate on euro. 

With 7300HQ+1050: Lenovo Yoga 720 15

With MX150:

Acer SF315-52G 

HP Pavilion 15 cs - small battery, low sRGB IPS

Huawei Matebook D - warranty concerns, cooling issue, low sRGB IPS

Lenovo Ideapad 520 - small battery, limited cooling, low sRGB IPS

18 hours ago, Karaseko said:

New Dell Inspiron 15 7700 7580

Should be a good option, though battery is small

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

22 hours ago, Streetguru said:

5 hours ago, GeneXiS_X said:

With 7300HQ+1050: Lenovo Yoga 720 15

With MX150:

Acer SF315-52G 

HP Pavilion 15 cs - small battery, low sRGB IPS

Huawei Matebook D - warranty concerns, cooling issue, low sRGB IPS

Lenovo Ideapad 520 - small battery, limited cooling, low sRGB IPS

Should be a good option, though battery is small

But it was mentioned before by Streetguru that for even light gaming mx150 is too weak :/

Because yes, dell inspiron 7580 is nice one but at that same price i can have almost exact chassis (dell has no flex on keyboard area compared to lenovo ideapad 720) and other specs but with better GPU on lenovo? I have no possibility to check performace of mx150 nor rx560m myself so all i can do is speculate and ask others...

And Yoga 720  is a bit over my budget saddly.

10 hours ago, Karaseko said:

But it was mentioned before by Streetguru that for even light gaming mx150 is too weak

There aren't much laptops with GTX GPU that fulfill your requirements - thin bezel, height, weight, battery life. Yoga 720 15 is in your budget, I've found one model

Desktop specs:

Spoiler