How do you clean your mouse pad?

PopsicleHustler

Hi,

I know I might spark a small civil war when asking for "your own method" of doing something. But I will do it anyway. Whats your way of cleaning mouse pad? I have very large cloth mousepad, and after some time of using it, a white residue remains from oils and sweat. What would be the best way to clean it off? Water with shampoo? Washing machine?

Main system: Ryzen 7 7800X3D / Asus ROG Strix B650E / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 32GB 6000Mhz / Powercolor RX 7900 XTX Red Devil/ EVGA 750W GQ / NZXT H5 Flow

I use a microfibre cloth, it gets into the fabric and pulls out all the dirt etc. You need to buy a high quality cloth to do it but it is amazing!

i5 8600 - RX580 - Fractal Nano S - 1080p 144Hz

Most are machine washable

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

8 minutes ago, PopsicleHustler said:

Hi,

I know I might spark a small civil war when asking for "your own method" of doing something. But I will do it anyway. Whats your way of cleaning mouse pad? I have very large cloth mousepad, and after some time of using it, a white residue remains from oils and sweat. What would be the best way to clean it off? Water with shampoo? Washing machine?

I use a microfiber cloth and a little amount of 70 percent concentration Isopropyl alcohol in order to remove contaminants from mouse pads. 

4 minutes ago, fasauceome said:

Most are machine washable

Yes, some are advertised to being machine washable although if it is not then I would highly suggest to not use a washing machine to clean it and if you do choose to use a washing machine on a machine washable mouse-pad then make sure that the temperature dial on the washer is not set to high as it can damage the mouse pad. 

9 minutes ago, NIneEyeRon said:

I use a microfibre cloth, it gets into the fabric and pulls out all the dirt etc. You need to buy a high quality cloth to do it but it is amazing!

Most of them are not that good and do not have high effectiveness by themselves (especially the budget orientated one) so that is why I would also recommend using some 70 percent concentration Isopropyl alcohol although if you have a high quality one that can pull out contaminants accurately and effectively then you do not really need 70 percent concentration Isopropyl alcohol although it does increase effectiveness and some of the anti-bacterial solution versions can prevent bacteria from growing on your mouse-pad in the future after it has been applied

Hope that this information was helpful,   @Boomwebsearch

Hope this information post was helpful  ?,

@Boomwebsearch 

If has stitched edges, I machine wash on cold. If not or a hard pad, microfiber/fibre cloth + rubbing alchohol.

1 minute ago, tp95112 said:

Dish washing soap, warm water and some hands

If it is not advertised for hand washing then do not do it or be very careful if you decide to do so anyways and make sure to not use high temperature water above the recommended item operation temperatures as it could result in it being damaged and some of them are not very easy to dry so that is when 70 percent concentration Isopropyl alcohol would be good to use (in a small amount) in conjunction with a microfiber cloth or with just a microfiber cloth which is very effective in removing contaminants (usually not many of the budget/cheaper price point ones).

Hope this information post was helpful  ?,

@Boomwebsearch 

i just wash em with some Axe washing soap for the smell :), warm water and use my hands, use a spunge to get the dirt off.

i have a Steelseries QcK+ and i've washed mine 3 times. had no problems

a brush?

Also a white residue? brugh

CPU AMD 5800x_____Asus Crosshair VIII_____Asus Strix LC 360_____RAM Corsair Dominator Pro 2x8Gb 3600mhz_____ASUS RTX 3080 Strix

PSU Corsair HX1000w_____CASE Lian Li 011 Dynamic (original choice right? w/9 UNI Fans)_____Keyboard Razer BlackWidow Chroma_____Mouse Razer Deathadder Chroma_____Headphones Bose QC25_____Monitor (1) Acer Predator XB1 144hz G-Sync  (2) Benq 144hz G-Sync

Microphone Blue Yeti Black

Razer Blade 14

Also an XBOX one s.

I'm lazy, so I just used a sponge, hand washing soap, and warm water. Then I just hanged it and left it to dry. 

:)