Help with artifacting

martward

Hi all,

So I just bought a new 1440p monitor with a 144Hz refresh rate (Samsung C27JG50) and I am currently pairing this with a GTX 1060 6GB (will be upgraded in the future).

So far everything is running very smoothly except for this issue I've seen with The Witcher 3. For some reason there is slight artifacting on the left side of the screen. It was very bad in the beginning but then I switched HDMI cables with the one that came with the monitor and it became much less. However there is still a bit there, but in terms of FPS and temperatures I am doing fine. I haven't overclocked it (set the Power limit too 111%) but I have tried overclocking and underclocking the card. I have also tried setting the display to 120Hz and 60Hz, but not change. I am getting around 70fps with the settings on medium. I have not seen the issue on CS:GO (where I actually hit 144fps) and F1 2017 (where I get around 60fps).

I'm not quite sure how to explain what the artifacting looks like, but it's yellowish and like a rectangular shape or a line. The artifacting I got from the HDMI cable was red lines, but those are no longer present.

Could it be that I need to use a DisplayPort instead of an HDMI cable (I don't have one so can't really test it)? 

Are there any other things I could try? Unfortunately I won't be able to test it until tomorrow but I would appreciate any input :)

Cheers

PSU tier list // Motherboard tier list // Community Standards 

My System:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 3600, Gigabyte RTX 3060TI Gaming OC ProFractal Design Meshify C TG, 2x8GB G.Skill Ripjaws V 3200MHz, MSI B450 Gaming Plus MaxSamsung 850 EVO 512GB, 2TB WD BlueCorsair RM850x, LG 27GL83A-B