Polls can not be added as a post within a thread by the Original Poster

Boomwebsearch
Go to solution Solved by vanished,

ok just as a test I tried adding a poll to this thread after it was already made and it worked.  You just need to edit the OP.

does this work?  

1. 1. does it?

• yes
    • no

This poll is closed to new votes

I have created many posts in the format of a standard "content" tabbed post and noticed that I can add a poll when creating a new topic although there is no way currently (as I know of) to add a poll to a thread which you have already made. Is this a feature which is supported and I am not knowing about how to use it or is this not a supported feature (in that case then you can move it to the "Forum Suggestions" sub-forum as it is a feature which I would like to see added in the future?

Thanks,   @Boomwebsearch

Hope this information post was helpful  ?,

@Boomwebsearch 

ok just as a test I tried adding a poll to this thread after it was already made and it worked.  You just need to edit the OP.

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

3 minutes ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

Wouldn't this prevent others from creating polls which are not on their own created topics and would there be any way to allow for other users to add polls to threads which they are not the creator of? 

Hope this information post was helpful  ?,

@Boomwebsearch 

Just now, Boomwebsearch said:

Wouldn't this prevent others from creating polls which are not on their own created topics and would there be any way to allow for other users to add polls to threads which they are not the creator of? 

Only the "OP" of a thread can add a poll, and only to their own thread (well, and mods/admins too :P)

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

1 minute ago, Boomwebsearch said:

Wouldn't this prevent others from creating polls which are not on their own created topics

Correct, this is kind of the point.

1 minute ago, Boomwebsearch said:

would there be any way to allow for other users to add polls to threads which they are not the creator of? 

That would go downhill really quickly, no point in implementing.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!