Windows 10 No Logo at Boot?

Jonshinki

hello. i just did a fresh install of windows 10. I just want to ask if why i dont have the Logo of Windows 10 when booting? It only show My Motherboard Name and the Circle Icon. is that normal?

Since Windows 8, if your system is a UEFI compatible and enabled, and there is an image defined in the UEFI for Windows to use instead of its image, it will use that. Unless there is a tool by your motherboard manufacture to change it, or a UEFI option to disable it (beside settings UEFI to emulate the old legacy BIOS, which you don't want), then you can't.

12 minutes ago, GoodBytes said:

Since Windows 8, if your system is a UEFI compatible and enabled, and there is an image defined in the UEFI for Windows to use instead of its image, it will use that. Unless there is a tool by your motherboard manufacture to change it, or a UEFI option to disable it (beside settings UEFI to emulate the old legacy BIOS, which you don't want), then you can't.

i set to it to UEFI instead Legacy on my Storage Boot Option Control. if i set to Legacy it will bring back the Windows Logo? whats the different anyway between no logo and with logo? does it affect performance? or it doesnt matter?

21 minutes ago, Jonshinki said:

i set to it to UEFI instead Legacy on my Storage Boot Option Control. if i set to Legacy it will bring back the Windows Logo? whats the different anyway between no logo and with logo? does it affect performance? or it doesnt matter?

Legacy means:

• Slower boot up time
  • No support for GPT (you gain support for MBR)
  • No Secure Boot support
  • Lower resolution boot up
  • Unable to boot from drive partitions greater than 2TB (because of MBR)
  • Different OS boot system (OS re-install needed)
  • Limited to 4 partitions per drive (although Logical partitions goes around this limitation) (because of MBR)

52 minutes ago, GoodBytes said:

Legacy means:

• Slower boot up time
  • No Secure Boot support
  • Limited to 4 partitions per drive (although Logical partitions goes around this limitation) (because of MBR)

so its better to set UEFI?

1 hour ago, GoodBytes said:

Legacy means:

• Slower boot up time
  • No Secure Boot support

does it affect the pc performance too?

6 hours ago, Jonshinki said:

so its better to set UEFI?

Yes

6 hours ago, Jonshinki said:

does it affect the pc performance too?

No

12 hours ago, GoodBytes said:

Yes

No

thanks. i already set to UEFI all. but the windows logo still no show. only my motherboard name and the rotating circle then it will bring me to my log-on screen. thats normal?

1 hour ago, Jonshinki said:

thanks. i already set to UEFI all. but the windows logo still no show. only my motherboard name and the rotating circle then it will bring me to my log-on screen. thats normal?

Well that's it. UEFI you'll get the motherboard logo.

BIOS you won't, as there is no support for it.

Again, you can't change it, unless the motherboard manufacture gives you a software to allow you to change it or disable it.

3 minutes ago, GoodBytes said:

Well that's it. UEFI you'll get the motherboard logo.

BIOS you won't, as there is no support for it.

Again, you can't change it, unless the motherboard manufacture gives you a software to allow you to change it or disable it.

i have windows logo before. but when i did a fresh install. its gone. so theres a posibility to bring back the windows logo at boot up? if yes how should be? sorry if i ask too many question

When windows 10 boots nonwadays, after the standard bios logo, windows will start booting but keep the bios boot logo and just put it's little spinning thing down the bottom, like for example on my dell laptop when i used to have windows on it, it was in the bios on the dell logo, the screen flickered and windows took over and started booting, and it just left the dell logo onscreen instead of the windows logo, but it had the little things at the bottom, and then it threw me into the login screen after the long windows boot process

Sadness is the one true emotion, and happiness, well, that's just a lie, sadness is all many of us feel, and is all we need to feel, because having it any other way, would just be wrong, why be happy when you can just be miserable like myself. 

2 minutes ago, Shoe_Eater said:

When windows 10 boots nonwadays, after the standard bios logo, windows will start booting but keep the bios boot logo and just put it's little spinning thing down the bottom, like for example on my dell laptop when i used to have windows on it, it was in the bios on the dell logo, the screen flickered and windows took over and started booting, and it just left the dell logo onscreen instead of the windows logo, but it had the little things at the bottom, and then it threw me into the login screen after the long windows boot process

it looks like this, but mine is "Gigabyte Ultra Durable" the picture is just my referenced.

JON.jpg

15 minutes ago, Jonshinki said:

i have windows logo before. but when i did a fresh install. its gone. so theres a posibility to bring back the windows logo at boot up? if yes how should be? sorry if i ask too many question

Ok so here is the confusing part. You probably installed Windows with the UEFI mode set to BIOS emulation mode (CSM enabled, or UEFI set to Legacy mode, or whatever name the motherboard wants to call it), then you switch it to UEFI at some point in time. But the motherboard is a bit idiot proof. Normally, if you do this, it would just go "No OS found" type of error display on your screen (because UEFI works with GPT but not MBR). But here he goes "Oh.. you must be using MBR.. go, let act as if you set the board to BIOS emulation mode", and now it does that and now it boots. UEFI is so fast at starting the system, that you most likely didn't notice any delays from the switch over.

So when you cleaned install Windows 10 again, Windows setup goes "Oh you have UEFI mode enabled! And you are on MBR.. no problem, let me convert everything, fix everything as it should", all on the back., and now you truly are on UEFI mode