Should I get this PSU

MorganO

Ratings besides I’ve come across what I think is a good deal see screenshots 

should I get it

or 

not touch it at all bc of the damage to the connecter

D0468439-462C-4B0D-A976-FB7D98BBB95F.png

03312B35-1856-406C-9A2A-9D40D8852BBB.jpeg

CPU: Intel9-9900k 5.0GHz at 1.36v  | Cooling: Custom Loop | MOTHERBOARD: ASUS ROG Z370 Maximus X Hero | RAM: CORSAIR 32GB DDR4-3200 VENGEANCE PRO RGB  | GPU: Nvidia RTX 2080Ti | PSU: CORSAIR RM850X + Cablemod modflex white cables | BOOT DRIVE: 250GB SSD Samsung 850 evo | STORAGE: 7.75TB | CASE: Fractal Design Define R6 BLackout | Display: SAMSUNG OLED 34 UW | Keyboard: HyperX Alloy elite RGB |  Mouse: Corsair M65 PRO RGB | OS: Windows 10 Pro | Phone: iPhone 11 Pro Max 256GB

1 minute ago, DaPhuc said:

If it were me, I would save money to buy a brand new PSU instead. 

id be spending a similar amount anyway 

CPU: Intel9-9900k 5.0GHz at 1.36v  | Cooling: Custom Loop | MOTHERBOARD: ASUS ROG Z370 Maximus X Hero | RAM: CORSAIR 32GB DDR4-3200 VENGEANCE PRO RGB  | GPU: Nvidia RTX 2080Ti | PSU: CORSAIR RM850X + Cablemod modflex white cables | BOOT DRIVE: 250GB SSD Samsung 850 evo | STORAGE: 7.75TB | CASE: Fractal Design Define R6 BLackout | Display: SAMSUNG OLED 34 UW | Keyboard: HyperX Alloy elite RGB |  Mouse: Corsair M65 PRO RGB | OS: Windows 10 Pro | Phone: iPhone 11 Pro Max 256GB

It is a Tier 1 psu, and it's a good deal if the only issue is the damaged plastic. I would just bring a set up to test it out, and research how to evaluate a used psu to see if its good or not 

PC: CPU: i5-9600k - CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 - GPU: Sapphire Radeon RX 5700 XT 8GB GDDR6 - Motherboard: ASRock - Z370 Extreme4 - RAM: Team - T-Force Delta RGB 16 GB DDR4-3000 - PSU: Corsair - TXM Gold 550 W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply - Case: Thermaltake - Core G21 TG

17 minutes ago, IsaacThePooper said:

Yeah, so get a new one lol

for a lesser wattage and rating

9 minutes ago, lmeneses said:

It is a Tier 1 psu, and it's a good deal if the only issue is the damaged plastic. I would just bring a set up to test it out, and research how to evaluate a used psu to see if its good or not 

yeah, im gonna check a few things with evga warranties n stuff and check, its not urgent it just seems a good price for the psu if thats the only thing is the damaged plastic

Yeah that's actually a pretty good deal, if you could I would test it with his or your system in it. Just plug in basic stuff like the motherboard, CPU, and GPU connectors and see if it boots. 

Personally, I would almost never buy a used PSU. But that's a pretty good deal, as long as the unit's in good condition, I don't see a problem with it.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

36 minutes ago, MorganO said:

yeah, im gonna check a few things with evga warranties n stuff and check, its not urgent it just seems a good price for the psu if thats the only thing is the damaged plastic

why 1000W?

5 hours ago, MorganO said:

Ratings besides I’ve come across what I think is a good deal see screenshots 

should I get it

or 

not touch it at all bc of the damage to the connecter

a) you loose quite a bit of Warranty with used purchases. This EVGA is not that bad as you probably might get 3 Years (since Original Purchase IIRC).

But with other Manufacturers, you mostly get nothing

b) do you need 1000W? Why this PSU?

c) because of the high wattage, expect it to be really loud.

And when I say loud, I mean loud!

When its something like that, its not pleasant once the fan starts:
https://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/EVGA/SuperNOVA_P2_1200/5.html

"Hell is full of good meanings, but Heaven is full of good works"

10 minutes ago, Stefan Payne said:

c) because of the high wattage, expect it to be really loud.

And when I say loud, I mean loud!

The T2 actually runs passive for quite a lot of the load range. Unlike every other EVGA branded PSU, the semi passive mode actually works. 

https://www.cybenetics.com/index.php?option=database&manfID=36&volts=1

:)