Waiting for Black Friday

Towards the start of November I will be needing to find a new phone for my Grandad in the region of £24pm. Would it be worth waiting for Black Friday to see if I can get the Samsung Galaxy S8 in this price range?

8 minutes ago, ukpcneeded said:

Towards the start of November I will be needing to find a new phone for my Grandad in the region of £24pm. Would it be worth waiting for Black Friday to see if I can get the Samsung Galaxy S8 in this price range?

It is unlikely. Best to look for deals offering huge discount of Chinese Huawei, Xiaomi, or Oneplus.  There are bargins to be had that avoid the Samsung Tax.

Intel 12400F | 2x8 3000Mhz Corsair LPX | ASRock H570M-ITX  | Noctua DH-N14 | Corsair MP50 480GB | Meshilicious | Corsair SF600Fedora

Thanks let me know if I said something useful. Cheers!

Right now at NewEgg UK you can get and S8 for around 400.00 Pounds

Black Friday may see a good drop in price.

I would wait and see.

54 minutes ago, TheFlyingSquirrel said:

It is unlikely. Best to look for deals offering huge discount of Chinese Huawei, Xiaomi, or Oneplus.  There are bargins to be had that avoid the Samsung Tax.

Problem is with those brands is I don’t trust them with not selling data

And you think, Samsung or Apple are better?

Not to Mention, that Google makes money by selling your Data, and "using" your Data to offer you personalized Content.

So, no matter which Android Device you use, your Data WILL be used somehow.

Probably not the nudes you have in your galery, but stuff like what products you Google for (gives you ads for that everywhere over a Google api, your Location, when you go where (stuff like google pushing you a notification when the last train comes, so you can still get home after you went partying), and stuff like that.

And Apple is not better at using your Data.

But depends what kind of Data you want to "protect". ^^

Huawei or Oneplus won't sell data more than any other company. Xiaomi.. idk, depends on the firmware. The more unknown Brands probably do, the big ones, that appear international, no worries there. At least, not more than with Samsung or Apple.

Btw: Oneplus 6 (or 6t soon) will absolutely DESTROY a Galaxy S8 in terms of performance.

1 hour ago, ukpcneeded said:

Problem is with those brands is I don’t trust them with not selling data

Then device doesn't matter.  Use Lineage OS with Micro G and call it a day.

Performance wise 6 is best bang for buck, 6T will be released at the end of the month expect a big drop for the 6.

Intel 12400F | 2x8 3000Mhz Corsair LPX | ASRock H570M-ITX  | Noctua DH-N14 | Corsair MP50 480GB | Meshilicious | Corsair SF600Fedora

On 10/14/2018 at 1:14 PM, ukpcneeded said:

https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/samsung-galaxy-s8-all-colours-250-minutes-unlimited-texts-1gb-data-1699pm-w-1999-upfront-24-month-42725-total-id-mobile-3082637

Enjoy!  Remember to root and install lineage to avoid data collection.

7 hours ago, TheFlyingSquirrel said:

Thanks for that! Actually I had just recently found that deal on Carphone Warehouse and made use of it immediately