The GT 1030 GDDR5 Isn't a bad card at all

Mattk13

The GT 1030 is only if you need something to fit into a pre-build or to hold over till you have more money. If you play games like Overwatch, League and indie games its fine. Otherwise you will be sub 1080p in most other games.  The GTX 1050 does not need a ton of power and can draw power directly from the mobo. 

I just built my buddy a PC using all used parts. Ryzen 1700/GTX 1060 build for under 700 dollars.  Could have gone with a Ryzen 1300 and GTX 1050 for under 500 if he really was struggling. 

| Ryzen R9 3900x Enermax LIQTECH II 360  | Asus ROG Crosshair VI Hero| Nivida FE RTX 2080 Ti | Corsair Vengeance 16gb @3200MHZ | Crucial 500 GB SSD | 1TB WD Blue SSD| Corsair HX 750w  Platinum+ |Corsair Carbide Spec-Omega| Gigabyte Arous 27QD 1440p 144hz

6 hours ago, SSJGodemis said:

The GT 1030 is only if you need something to fit into a pre-build or to hold over till you have more money. If you play games like Overwatch, League and indie games its fine. Otherwise you will be sub 1080p in most other games.  The GTX 1050 does not need a ton of power and can draw power directly from the mobo. 

I just built my buddy a PC using all used parts. Ryzen 1700/GTX 1060 build for under 700 dollars.  Could have gone with a Ryzen 1300 and GTX 1050 for under 500 if he really was struggling. 

I have a dell optiplex sff with it only allowing 50 watts through the PCIE So no i can't get a better video card and i play gta alot and it runs great 

I just completed some tests with this GPU. I had paired it with a Xeon x5570. In short, you get what you pay for. It ran quite well in heavily optimized titles such as Battlefield 1, CS:GO and even Arma 3 at 1080p. However, ran quite poorly in other titles which I believe are not optimized so well. In pubg I had to turn graphics to lowest settings and lower resolution in order to sustain over 40 frames.

Intel Core i7 9700F / Cooler Master 212 Evo / GeForce GTX 1660 SUPER / 16 GB G.SKILL RAM @ 2666MHz / GA-B365M-DS3H / EVGA 500w PSU

HP Pavilion Gaming 15 / Ryzen 5 4600H / GeForce GTX 1050 / 8 GB @ 3200MHz

There are sff pre-built systems that can't deliver 75 watts to the pcie slot. This is a good option for those systems.