Reset windows but my save games

Jonshinki

hello there. so im going to reset my windows 10 files everythings. but my save games was on "C:" drive my OS at documents. such as GTA V / AC:O  games on my HDD, what should i do to bring back my save games after resetting my windows 10?

save files are backed up on steam cloud.

Ryzen 5 1600 @ 3.9 Ghz  | Gigabyte AB350M Gaming 3 |  PaliT GTX 1050Ti  |  8gb Kingston HyperX Fury @ 2933 Mhz  |  Corsair CX550m  |  1 TB WD Blue HDD

Inside some old case I found lying around.

19 minutes ago, bleedblue said:

save files are backed up on steam cloud.

Don't assume that, it's a good way to lose all your files.

When it comes to GTA V, I believe this is true (or on Rockstar's on cloud perhaps?), and many games now do support Steam's system, but many do not, and you also have to consider any non-steam games you have.  Just lookup online where each one you care about is stored and make a copy.  Keep in mind that some games have data in multiple places and you'll need it all for it to work (GFWL games were notorious for this)

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

Your game saves are usually in one of the following locations, in order from most likely to least likely:

• C:\Users\[Username]\Documents
  • C:\Users\[Username]\AppData\Roaming (you can also access this by typing in %APPDATA% in the address bar or via the run command)
  • C:\Users\[Username]\AppData\Local
  • C:\Users\[Username]\Saved Games
  • Where the game is installed
  • If it's a game that requires UPlay, check the UPlay install directory

EDIT: Oh, if you already done a Reset on Windows and you didn't back up your saves, then you basically lost them unless they're saved on a cloud service.

1 hour ago, M.Yurizaki said:

Your game saves are usually in one of the following locations, in order from most likely to least likely:

• C:\Users\[Username]\Documents
  • C:\Users\[Username]\AppData\Roaming (you can also access this by typing in %APPDATA% in the address bar or via the run command)
  • C:\Users\[Username]\AppData\Local
  • C:\Users\[Username]\Saved Games
  • Where the game is installed
  • If it's a game that requires UPlay, check the UPlay install directory

EDIT: Oh, if you already done a Reset on Windows and you didn't back up your saves, then you basically lost them unless they're saved on a cloud service.

so ill just copy and paste after the windows reset?

52 minutes ago, Jonshinki said:

so ill just copy and paste after the windows reset?

Yes.  Not that entire list of folders obviously, just the files you need.  But yes.

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.