Anthony Roosevelt

Hi! So here's what my spec would look like

Pentium G4560

ASRock B150M Pro4

ASUS RX 460 2GB OC

8GB DDR4

120GB SSD

Phanteks P300

My budget is REALLY tight, so every penny matters. I've been told that the System Power U9 will be more than enough for my system, but I know that the System Power U9's fan is inferior compared to Pure Power 10, does it really matter? Because the price gap between those two PSUs is $10-20 (in my country), and I'm trying to save money as much as possible for a mechanical keyboard and a headset :D 

Soo..... do you think the System Power U9 is a good idea or should I get the Pure Power 10 instead?

P.S. My room is air conditioned 

7 minutes ago, Anthony Roosevelt said:

Hi! So here's what my spec would look like

My budget is REALLY tight, so every penny matters.

For that system either will be fine, and if there's $20 difference between the two I'd go with the System Power U9.

What country are you in? There may be other units that will be suitable for that system that are cheaper. Is the Corsair CX450M available where you are, if so how much does it cost?

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

17 minutes ago, Spotty said:

For that system either will be fine, and if there's $20 difference between the two I'd go with the System Power U9.

What country are you in? There may be other units that will be suitable for that system that are cheaper. Is the Corsair CX450M available where you are, if so how much does it cost?

I currently residented in Indonesia, hardware prices here are ridiculous. CX450M cost $80-90 while the System Power U9 cost $40 and Pure Power 10 (400w) cost $55-60

10 minutes ago, homeap5 said:

Pure Power. Always. Even lower watts, but not "system power".

Mind to explain why? :D 

1 minute ago, Anthony Roosevelt said:

I currently residented in Indonesia, hardware prices here are ridiculous. CX450M cost $80-90 while the System Power U9 cost $40 and Pure Power 10 (400w) cost $55-60

Ouch! That Corsair CXm pricing really sucks. At least the Pure Power and System Power seem to be priced closer to what they normally are elsewhere.

5 minutes ago, Anthony Roosevelt said:

The Pure Power 10 is a much better quality PSU.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

33 minutes ago, Anthony Roosevelt said:

a) quality of PSU itself, b) quality of fan.

2 hours ago, Anthony Roosevelt said:

Always go higher quality if possible.

The pure power 10 also uses better capacitors IIRC

2 hours ago, Spotty said:

Ouch! That Corsair CXm pricing really sucks. At least the Pure Power and System Power seem to be priced closer to what they normally are elsewhere.

The Pure Power 10 is a much better quality PSU.

Very weird, in most places I've seen be quiet is super expensive

8 hours ago, Anthony Roosevelt said:

Do NOT get either under 400W.

And I'd prefer the Pure Power 10, as said, because of the higher quality and longer lasting fan.

The System Power U9 has only a normal sleeve bearing fan, wich will fail sooner than the fan in the Pure Power...

"Hell is full of good meanings, but Heaven is full of good works"

1 hour ago, Stefan Payne said:

Do NOT get either under 400W.

And I'd prefer the Pure Power 10, as said, because of the higher quality and longer lasting fan.

The System Power U9 has only a normal sleeve bearing fan, wich will fail sooner than the fan in the Pure Power...

Can it (system power U9) at least hold up for 5 years? Under 4-8 hours usage/day, good airflow, and air conditioned room.

14 minutes ago, Anthony Roosevelt said:

Can it (system power U9) at least hold up for 5 years? Under 4-8 hours usage/day, good airflow, and air conditioned room.

No idea. That depends. It is possible.

But its more likely that the fan of the L10 will easily outlast that timeframe than the U9 standard fan.

So I'd prefer the Pure Power over the U9.

13 hours ago, Stefan Payne said:

No idea. That depends. It is possible.

But its more likely that the fan of the L10 will easily outlast that timeframe than the U9 standard fan.

So I'd prefer the Pure Power over the U9.

Do you have any other recommendation for $50-60? I'd be more happy if it's modular :D 

4 hours ago, Anthony Roosevelt said:

Do you have any other recommendation for $50-60? I'd be more happy if it's modular :D

Only if you'd live in Europe, not for the US Market...