AC Origins destroying my CPU.

Dalynx

Evening all.

I have an I7 6700k and for some reason, I can barely run BF1 and I get constant stuttering on AC origins with a gtx 1070. I'm not sure what to do as even if I shut down 90% of my PC programs 90% free CPU isn't enough for this damn game. Does anyone know a fix for either of the games mentioned, mainly AC as BF1 just about manages to cool down a little when the map runs for a while.

Thanks

What are your core temps when you are in game?

Try using the PSU Tier List! 

How to reset the bios/clear the cmos

My current rig:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700x

Ram: 1x16gb DDR4, 2x8gb DDR4

Storage: 1tb nvme ssd

GPU: gtx 3080

Monitor: 23.8" Dell S2417DG 144hz g-sync 1440p + 27" Acer S271HL 60 Hz 1080p

Keyboard: ducky one I | I SF

Mouse: gpro wireless | glorious model o2 wireless

Sound : beyerdynamic 1990 pro | Monoprice liquid spark (amp) + topping d10 (dac)

2 minutes ago, hconverse02 said:

What are your core temps when you are in game?

about 80C but it is OC'd to 4.5ghz so I think that's normal

Just now, Dalynx said:

What about task manager usage? What settings, fps and resolution are you running?

My current rig:

Sound : beyerdynamic 1990 pro | Monoprice liquid spark (amp) + topping d10 (dac)

It's an Ubisoft game caked with two layers of DRM that love to eat cores.

Ryzen 5 1600 @ 3.9 Ghz  | Gigabyte AB350M Gaming 3 |  PaliT GTX 1050Ti  |  8gb Kingston HyperX Fury @ 2933 Mhz  |  Corsair CX550m  |  1 TB WD Blue HDD

Inside some old case I found lying around.

1 minute ago, hconverse02 said:

What about task manager usage? What settings, fps and resolution are you running?

Task manager says the game takes up every pissing inch it can, regularly pushing over 90% usage which in turn means the few other programs I literally need open like Uplay force it to 100%. and I play on all Ultra at 1080p but I have tried medium and high which doesn't help, the cpu actually shits out more usage somehow :(

2 minutes ago, bleedblue said:

It's an Ubisoft game caked with two layers of DRM that love to eat cores.

Someone somewhere must know something that fixes it though.

1 minute ago, Dalynx said:

Task manager says the game takes up every pissing inch it can, regularly pushing over 90% usage which in turn means the few other programs I literally need open like Uplay force it to 100%. and I play on all Ultra at 1080p but I have tried medium and high which doesn't help, the cpu actually shits out more usage somehow :(

Yeah in AC origins, that sounds about normal. Idk about bf1 though even if you are at max 1080p

My current rig:

5 minutes ago, Dalynx said:

Running it at lower settings gives your CPU more frames to push to your monitor.

5 minutes ago, Dalynx said:

Only way to fix is to get more cores.

Ryzen 5 1600 @ 3.9 Ghz  | Gigabyte AB350M Gaming 3 |  PaliT GTX 1050Ti  |  8gb Kingston HyperX Fury @ 2933 Mhz  |  Corsair CX550m  |  1 TB WD Blue HDD

Inside some old case I found lying around.

3 minutes ago, Dalynx said:

Yeah, getting a version of the game that doesnt have it (A cracked, pirated illegal version unfortunately) because Ubisoft doesn't provide a version without it even though they were cracked within three months of the games release. It's unfortunate that people who pay for the game have a worse experience thatn the people who download it illegally.

(Note that piracy talk in general is permitted but advice on how to go about getting this hacked version is against COC and cannot be advised)

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU AMD R7 7800X3D    Motherboard Asrock B650E Taichi Lite    RAM Corsair Vengeance RGB 32GB 5200mhz    GPU ASUS RTX4080 STRIX 

Case Fractal Torrent   Storage Samsung 980Pro 2TB, Crucial P3 Plus 4TB x2,     PSU Corsair RM1000x    Cooling Deepcool AK620

2 minutes ago, TVwazhere said:

Yeah, getting a version of the game that doesnt have it (A cracked, pirated illegal version unfortunately) because Ubisoft doesn't provide a version without it even though they were cracked within three months of the games release. It's unfortunate that people who pay for the game have a worse experience thatn the people who download it illegally.

(Note that piracy talk in general is permitted but advice on how to go about getting this hacked version is against COC and cannot be advised)

the cracked version of the game has DRMs running still, it's just bypassed. Denuvo VMProtect and Uplay are running 

5 minutes ago, TVwazhere said:

If I do this do you know If I can save transfer? I have 65 Hours of save data

As I stated in many other threads like yours, the game is heavy on the CPU because of their poor way to implement anti-cheat solution (plus the game is already heavy on the CPU). I am with i7 7700 and while my CPU is at 100% usage constantly my GPU is only at 60% at most. Different settings doesn't matter resolution scale too. The only way of getting higher frame is...having more cores CPU like the i7 8700. I don't have issues in BF1 tho

I stopped playing the game solely because of that reason, my CPU was frying itself.

17 minutes ago, Dalynx said:

If I do this do you know If I can save transfer? I have 65 Hours of save data

The man basically told you that piracy talk here is forbidden and you ask him how you can pirate the game..

According to copyright.gov - you purchase a license to run the game. You have the right to backup the game so you can use the software. If the paid for game doesn't work, but pirated does, then you are legally allowed to use it as long as you own it.

It isn't piracy if you own it, it is 100% legal according to the law to create backups of licensed software and there is nothing that says you can't use that backup to run the game off of, and if you pay and can't play but a 3rd-party version works, then the company is obviously doing something wrong.

I have 3 games from UBI I can't play, I'll probably end up demanding a refund.. Turns out the SSE 4.2 requirement is from denuvo DRM which is the DRM which may be malicious - it locks your CPU at 100% and the game loses a lot of performance because the game constantly calls it. I have dealt with malicious DRM in the past and denuvo looks like it is exactly that. It requires the customer to purchase a new CPU, and then what does it do? Maybe it uses it to mine Crypto Currency? Has anyone read the TOS for Denuvo? There is no reason why a DRM should force the client to purchase a newer CPU when the game itself doesn't require it.

On 10/5/2018 at 10:24 PM, Dalynx said:

Evening all.

I have an I7 6700k and for some reason, I can barely run BF1 and I get constant stuttering on AC origins with a gtx 1070. I'm not sure what to do as even if I shut down 90% of my PC programs 90% free CPU isn't enough for this damn game. Does anyone know a fix for either of the games mentioned, mainly AC as BF1 just about manages to cool down a little when the map runs for a while.

Thanks

Not ideal...

But Frame Limiting the game may help somewhat... (Hopefully moreso the stuttering n such)

Think of AC nowadays as a 30FPS game, always, built for consoles, ported to PC.

Use higher details and become GPU bound with a FPS cap to 30FPS-40FPS (less than your Averages), less CPU usage, hopefully enough to drop the stuttering.

I cured my BF1 stuttering by experimenting/tweaking Pre-RenderedFrames values in the game/control panels for my GPU after some back n forth testing.

Higher GPU usage, less drops, CPU is still high, but GPU gets more out of it.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

On 10/5/2018 at 8:54 AM, Dalynx said:

Does anyone know a fix for either of the games mentioned, mainly AC as BF1 just about manages to cool down a little when the map runs for a while.

You're in luck, I do know a fix for both games. The 1st two of these you may have already done but I put them on here in case you haven't because they work great.

• Click on the Start menu in the bottom left hand corner of your PC and go into your settings. Then click on Power & Sleep. Then click on Additional Power Settings. Then click on High Performance. Apply the setting if given the option. Close out everything.
  • Right click on your desktop and click on NVidia Control Panel. Then click on Manage 3D Settings. Under Global Settings, look for Power Management Mode. Click on it and then click on Prefer Maximum Performance. Apply the setting(wait about 3-10 seconds after the click). Close out everything.
  • This next one is a trick that may benefit you a lot. So bare with me, it may seem like a difficult process but trust me when I tell you, it's a breeze once you get used to it. Google a program called Process Hacker. Download and install it. It's a very trusted program and a VERY beneficial program. It's also a breeze to install and it's a very small file size. Before opening it up, do this, and remember this... Right click in the middle of your Start menu, found at the bottom middle of your desktop. Then click on Task Manager. Then click on the Performance tab. Near the bottom, click on Open Resource Monitor. Close out the Task Manager behind this new Resource Monitor tab. On this Resource Monitor tab, click on Memory. Now, what you are now staring at is very important. You should see a bar graph. Look for the word Standby. There should be a LOT of Standby memory you are staring at. Now, this is where Process Hacker comes into play. It will basically free up that Standby Memory. Thus, helping performance during games. Don't worry, this isn't hurting your PC in any way. And this Standby memory will go back up again after doing random tasks and playing random games. Now the fun(and very simple) part, while you have the Resource Monitor open, open up Process Hacker. Click on System Information. Then click on More, then Empty, then Empty Standby List. If you want, have that Resource Monitor tab to your right so you can watch all that Standby memory go away. That's it, this process is over. Close out everything. Repeat this process before every game you play.

Let me know how this goes. Oh and in Assassins Creed Orgins, I forgot to mention to cap your frames at 31 or 46 in the in game settings. V-sync OFF. The double layer of DRM in that game doesn't allow you to achieve 60 fps without holding 100% on your CPU. Capping the game at 31 in 1440p and 46 in 1080p is the best way to make the CPU perform correctly. This works for me using an i5 with a GTX 1070. I now have ZERO issues with both games. Cool temps and low usages too. I also put post processing and Lighting Quality on LOW in BF1 because it's CPU intensive. Plus you can barely notice the difference during competitive play. Also, turn OFF Chromatic Abberration, Film Grain, Lens Distortion, Sniper Scope DOF and Ambient Occlusion. Motion Blur at 0% and everything else on Ultra.

One more thing, disable the in-game Origin and UPlay overlays/menus in the settings AND on each game themselves in the Origin/UPlay Library. This will also help you out a LOT.

Memory Issues often show the exact same symptoms as CPU issues.  If you have done anything funky with your memory or if you check the settings and they seem very odd compared to whatever XMP profile you're using, I'd suggest trying to fix that.  Or upping voltage on CPU a bit (100 millivolts) and same with memory (200 millivolts) and maybe even stepping up SA (50-100 millivolts) if you're overclocking.  If it gets better from any of those...you have your answer.

Incorrect memory timings have caused me massive stuttering in the past, it's extremely hard to tune the right memory settings in.

On 10/5/2018 at 10:54 PM, Dalynx said:

Evening all.

Thanks

As already mentioned, CPU problems are well documented within AC:Origins due to the anti-piracy software (Denuvo) that is running in the background when you play. Unfortunately it cripples CPU performance significantly.

You shouldn't have too many issues in BF1 with your system, however. What resolution and refresh rate is your monitor? If you have a 1080p 60hz monitor, and assuming you're able to achieve more than 60fps (which you should with a 6700k & GTX 1070) then locking the framerate to 60fps or using Vsync may significantly reduce the load on your CPU and GPU. There's little benefit from rendering additional frames you can't see.

What about the rest of your system? What about your RAM capacity, frequency (module spec and what it's actually running at in BIOS - ie. is XMP enabled or is your OC adjusting the memory frequency as well), and is it running in dual channel mode?

On 10/5/2018 at 11:02 PM, Dalynx said:

What type of cooler are you using? If you're on air then that sounds about right given your OC. Have you adjusted the voltage at all? Maybe try decreasing the voltage and seeing if you can keep it stable at 4.5GHz. Might help reduce the temperature a few degrees. Also look at your case and see if there is sufficient airflow or if there is anything inhibiting air flow like poorly designed case front panels that block intake.

1 hour ago, A Random Dude said:

Let me know how this goes. Oh and in Assassins Creed Orgins, I forgot to mention to cap your frames at 31 or 46 in the in game settings. V-sync OFF. The double layer of DRM in that game doesn't allow you to achieve 60 fps without holding 100% on your CPU. Capping the game at 31 in 1440p and 46 in 1080p is the best way to make the CPU perform correctly. This works for me using an i5 with a GTX 1070. I now have ZERO issues with both games.

Well, if you ask me, being capped at 31fps is an issue itself :D

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

10 hours ago, Spotty said:

Well, if you ask me, being capped at 31fps is an issue itself :D

I completely agree. But in Assassins Creed Origins, the 100% CPU Killer, it's just on that tiny tiny list of games where 31-46 fps is necessary no matter what CPU/GPU you are running. I've owned the game for a good 5-6 months and every time I play it, it's barely worth playing for some reason. Even if it were at 90 FPS, I've just never gotten into it other than running around testing performance. I don't think I've even killed anyone before. Not much into AC I guess. Shame I know.

P.S. At least the minimum of 31 fps during game play is more fps than the 26-30 fps during game play on console. During cut scenes, it's actually at 19-30 fps on console. Which is very annoying.