Headphone reccomendation

SoulWolfX

I need headphones. Here are some requirments.

• White
  • Under $150
  • Comfortable
  • DONT get very hot. Heat makes me sick.
  • Good sound!

Some extra features that would be nice but not necessary

• Blue / teal / cyan / mint lights
  • Software 

If you are worried about heat I would get open back headphones as they generally get less hot than close back. I really like sennheiser as they make really good open back headphones. Massdrop has some great deals on headphones so if you want the most bang for your buck i would go there. Having the white requirement limits your options quite a bit. How important is it that it has to be white?

1 minute ago, Brooksie359 said:

If you are worried about heat I would get open back headphones as they generally get less hot than close back. I really like sennheiser as they make really good open back headphones. Massdrop has some great deals on headphones so if you want the most bang for your buck i would go there. Having the white requirement limits your options quite a bit. How important is it that it has to be white?

Super important. It would throw my setup way off if it was anything else. Even my mic stand is white!

If you don't care about color then I would get the sennheiser 58x from mass drop. It's 150 and many have said it performs like their 400 to 500 dollar pairs. 

Just now, Brooksie359 said:

If you don't care about color then I would get the sennheiser 58x from mass drop. It's 150 and many have said it performs like their 400 to 500 dollar pairs. 

I do care about colour.

Just now, Pr0fessi0nalN00b said:

are you an iOS user? If thats the case, go for some beats.

PC.

13 minutes ago, Brooksie359 said:

these look perfect! Plus im sure I could find them cheaper. ty

1 hour ago, SoulWolfX said:

No problem. White is such a rare color compared to black for headphones it is kinda rediculus. 

3 hours ago, Brooksie359 said:

Beats are trash headphones tbh. 

That was really only true of the first gen. The second gen on had much better sound. They're still not the best for their price, but they certainly aren't trash.

3 hours ago, SoulWolfX said:

If you get the M50x, be warned that it's a super forward, and fatiguing headphone. You may or may not like that. Personally, I hate their sound, but that's my personal preference.

Hey! New SIgnature! 

I'm supposedly a person on the Internet, but you'll never know if I'm human or not ;)

4 hours ago, KaminKevCrew said:

That was really only true of the first gen. The second gen on had much better sound. They're still not the best for their price, but they certainly aren't trash.

If you get the M50x, be warned that it's a super forward, and fatiguing headphone. You may or may not like that. Personally, I hate their sound, but that's my personal preference.

They sell a entry level quality headphones for like 300 dollars. They are trash. 

On 10/4/2018 at 9:27 PM, Brooksie359 said:

They sell a entry level quality headphones for like 300 dollars. They are trash. 

They sell headphones that are good, if not a little bit better than the M50X for about $300. The M50x are a halfway decent pair of headphones. So the beats are not trash. There is an understanding that they are a lifestyle product, not an audio product. So of course you're going to pay more for them, but that doesn't mean they're trash. Certainly, they aren't as good as what you can get for the money, but they're far from being trash headphones.

Hey! New SIgnature! 

I'm supposedly a person on the Internet, but you'll never know if I'm human or not ;)

28 minutes ago, KaminKevCrew said:

They sell headphones that are good, if not a little bit better than the M50X for about $300. The M50x are a halfway decent pair of headphones. So the beats are not trash. There is an understanding that they are a lifestyle product, not an audio product. So of course you're going to pay more for them, but that doesn't mean they're trash. Certainly, they aren't as good as what you can get for the money, but they're far from being trash headphones.

If you want to hear what trash sounds like then try the Superlux HD 681. Nothing will ever sound worse, yet these got glowing reviews because for some reason. “Just add foam/paper towel to tame the highs” they say. 

At the very least Beats headphones sound enjoyable without harshness in the highs. 

7 hours ago, kokakolia said:

If you want to hear what trash sounds like then try the Superlux HD 681. Nothing will ever sound worse, yet these got glowing reviews because for some reason. “Just add foam/paper towel to tame the highs” they say. 

At the very least Beats headphones sound enjoyable without harshness in the highs. 

*exactly*

Hey! New SIgnature! 

13 hours ago, KaminKevCrew said:

From an audio enthusiast perspective, they are trash. They are a completely out of balance set of headphones. Over exaggerated lows, recessed highs, and muddy mids. If all you care about is bass and looks, sure, go for them. People who actually care about the music they listen to will avoid them at all costs.

QUOTE ME IF YOU WANT A REPLY!

PC #1

Ryzen 7 3700x@4.4ghz (All core) | MSI X470 Gaming Pro Carbon | Crucial Ballistix 2x16gb (OC 3600mhz)

MSI GTX 1080 8gb | SoundBlaster ZXR | Corsair HX850

Samsung 960 256gb | Samsung 860 1gb | Samsung 850 500gb

HGST 4tb, HGST 2tb | Seagate 2tb | Seagate 2tb

Custom CPU/GPU water loop

PC #2

Ryzen 7 1700@3.8ghz (All core) | Aorus AX370 Gaming K5 | Vengeance LED 3200mhz 2x8gb

Sapphire R9 290x 4gb | Asus Xonar DS | Corsair RM650

Samsung 850 128gb | Intel 240gb | Seagate 2tb

Corsair H80iGT AIO

Laptop

Core i7 6700HQ | Samsung 2400mhz 2x8gb DDR4

GTX 1060M 3gb | FiiO E10k DAC

Samsung 950 256gb | Sandisk Ultra 2tb SSD

15 hours ago, BigDamn said:

From an audio enthusiast perspective, they are trash. They are a completely out of balance set of headphones. Over exaggerated lows, recessed highs, and muddy mids. If all you care about is bass and looks, sure, go for them. People who actually care about the music they listen to will avoid them at all costs.

That's a bit of a closed minded viewpoint, no? Audio enthusiasts can have all ranges of tastes in audio reproduction, and there are certainly bassheads among us. They're not good headphones if you're looking for something neutral, but they certainly aren't terrible as headphones that you use when you want to have a fun sound signature. They're mediocre, certainly. But they aren't trash.

I think of myself as an audio enthusiast - I also prefer 'fun' sounding headphones for some listening environments. Some of those mean that I want a ludicrous amount of bass. There's nothing wrong with that.

Hey! New SIgnature! 

1 hour ago, KaminKevCrew said:

That's a bit of a closed minded viewpoint, no? Audio enthusiasts can have all ranges of tastes in audio reproduction, and there are certainly bassheads among us. They're not good headphones if you're looking for something neutral, but they certainly aren't terrible as headphones that you use when you want to have a fun sound signature. They're mediocre, certainly. But they aren't trash.

I think of myself as an audio enthusiast - I also prefer 'fun' sounding headphones for some listening environments. Some of those mean that I want a ludicrous amount of bass. There's nothing wrong with that.

Trash and mediocre may as well be the same in my book. Beats are a low-grade headphone that do not accurately reproduce sound. Headphones with lots of bass are a positive thing. Klipsch does this very well, far far better than Beats. I would not recommend Klipsch headphones if all you do is listen to slower and quieter music. There is no scenario where I could recommend Beats.

QUOTE ME IF YOU WANT A REPLY!

PC #1

Ryzen 7 3700x@4.4ghz (All core) | MSI X470 Gaming Pro Carbon | Crucial Ballistix 2x16gb (OC 3600mhz)

MSI GTX 1080 8gb | SoundBlaster ZXR | Corsair HX850

Samsung 960 256gb | Samsung 860 1gb | Samsung 850 500gb

HGST 4tb, HGST 2tb | Seagate 2tb | Seagate 2tb

Custom CPU/GPU water loop

PC #2

Ryzen 7 1700@3.8ghz (All core) | Aorus AX370 Gaming K5 | Vengeance LED 3200mhz 2x8gb

Sapphire R9 290x 4gb | Asus Xonar DS | Corsair RM650

Samsung 850 128gb | Intel 240gb | Seagate 2tb

Corsair H80iGT AIO

Laptop

Core i7 6700HQ | Samsung 2400mhz 2x8gb DDR4

GTX 1060M 3gb | FiiO E10k DAC

Samsung 950 256gb | Sandisk Ultra 2tb SSD

14 hours ago, KaminKevCrew said:

That still annoys me. How dare you enjoy your Beats? It is sinful. Shame on you... If you ever call the Beats anything better than mediocre, you’re a sinner! 

Is something like the M40x that much better!? I don’t think so... It’s just way more affordable.