Port Forwarding Problems on a Netgear Router

ASWprime
Go to solution Solved by suchamoneypit,
1 minute ago, ASWprime said:

No change after restart.

Windows firewall may be blocking these ports. Open up windows firewall (many guides online) and unblock those ports on the server machine as well as port forward on the router. If it doesn't work, might as well simply reboot the server machine to see if then it works.

Sort of a boring issue but I would appreciate any help (and yes its for a Minecraft server). As it stands I can't enact any port forwarding on my Netgear R6700v3. I've set up the ports as shown but there's only start ports and no end ports which I think may be my issue. Do I need end ports? Is there something else I'm missing?

Capture.PNG

10 hours ago, ASWprime said:

Sort of a boring issue but I would appreciate any help (and yes its for a Minecraft server). As it stands I can't enact any port forwarding on my Netgear R6700v3. I've set up the ports as shown but there's only start ports and no end ports which I think may be my issue. Do I need end ports? Is there something else I'm missing?

Capture.PNG

you might need to add 25566 as end port, but normally this configuration is correct.

Where im current am ISP have restrictions and automatically block other ports only letting in selected few.

So in that case contact your ISP.

2 minutes ago, bebejapes said:

you might need to add 25566 as end port, but normally this configuration is correct.

Where im current am ISP have restrictions and automatically block other ports only letting in selected few.

So in that case contact your ISP.

Possibly, but there is no place to set an end port, that's what I believe my issue is. As seen below it only has one fillable field for external and internal ports so I don't even know how to set an end port on this specific router.

Capture.PNG

Have you rebooted your router after making these changes? My netgear router would not require a reboot to enact port forwarding, but the port forward would never work until I did a router reboot after setting it.

Gaming - Ryzen 5800X3D | 64GB 3200mhz  MSI 6900 XT Mini-ITX SFF Build

Home Server (Unraid OS) - Ryzen 2700x | 48GB 3200mhz |  EVGA 1060 6GB | 6TB SSD Cache [3x2TB] 66TB HDD [11x6TB]

1 minute ago, suchamoneypit said:

Have you rebooted your router after making these changes? My netgear router would not require a reboot to enact port forwarding, but the port forward would never work until I did a router reboot after setting it.

I'll give it a go and report back.

18 minutes ago, ASWprime said:

Possibly, but there is no place to set an end port, that's what I believe my issue is. As seen below it only has one fillable field for external and internal ports so I don't even know how to set an end port on this specific router.

Capture.PNG

Just a note, there really is no need to blur out those IP addresses. The only one you should be concerned about is your external IP (google "whats my ip", thats what google sees, your external IP). The external IP is what you use to/from send traffic to your internal network over the internet. You internal addresses are not valid on the internet, only in your local network. You probably have the same IP addresses that are blurred out as everyone else does.

If someone could see your internal IP addresses, they are useless to them, unless they are in your network already (by getting in through your external IP and breaking into your router or something), and then they'd have an easier time finding your devices (but if they got in your network, thats super easy for them to do anyways).

Home Server (Unraid OS) - Ryzen 2700x | 48GB 3200mhz |  EVGA 1060 6GB | 6TB SSD Cache [3x2TB] 66TB HDD [11x6TB]

4 minutes ago, suchamoneypit said:

2 minutes ago, ASWprime said:

I'll give it a go and report back.

No change after restart.

1 minute ago, ASWprime said:

No change after restart.

Windows firewall may be blocking these ports. Open up windows firewall (many guides online) and unblock those ports on the server machine as well as port forward on the router. If it doesn't work, might as well simply reboot the server machine to see if then it works.

1 minute ago, suchamoneypit said:

Just a note, there really is no need to blur out those IP addresses. The only one you should be concerned about is your external IP (google "whats my ip", thats what google sees, your external IP). The external IP is what you use to/from send traffic to your internal network over the internet. You internal addresses are not valid on the internet, only in your local network. You probably have the same IP addresses that are blurred out as everyone else does.

If someone could see your internal IP addresses, they are useless to them, unless they are in your network already (by getting in through your external IP and breaking into your router or something), and then they'd have an easier time finding your devices (but if they got in your network, thats super easy for them to do anyways).

Appreciate the note, I'm just paranoid. Haha.

8 minutes ago, suchamoneypit said:

WORKING. I did both the firewall config and the restart and one of them did it so it seems that we're all good. Thanks a million.