Slow, tactical shooter

WAUZZZI

Hi guys,

TL;DR:

Do you know any tactical shooters with ressource-management and a high difficulty?

I reinstalled Crysis a few days ago and I never actually played it on the highest difficulty (I used to play it on normal) and me being a fairly skilled shooter-player I just walked through the levels as if it were CoD. I never used the silencer, long range scopes or the binoculars and I also rarely used the cloaking-mode, no need for that, but now on the highest difficulty I have to be extremely careful, I have to think every step through, spot every enemy before engaging into an area and quicksave very, very often. You missed an enemy when you were spotting and now he's right behind you? Guess what, you're dead. The only thing I don't like about Crysis is that ammo is not really rare, I'm running around with full ammo for all weapons all the time, I'd like to have a game where the ressources are extremely scarce and every bullet is valuable, like in Dead Space on the highest difficulty. I played DayZ before, i really really liked it, but it was too buggy and the performance was terrible, I will buy it once it's final, but for now I'd like to know if you know any shooters that have all the characteristics that i discribed above, slow, difficult gameplay, scarce ressources and harsh punishment for mistakes. Things like Health-Packs or bandages, armor and camouflage, damage-model for all weapons so that you have to repair or replace them, attatchments for the weapons, maybe a little crafting-system for all this stuff, that would be awesome. I don't really care about graphics, if the game has good graphics, nice to have, but not a necessity. Mod-Support would be nice though. Maybe I'm asking for too much and the game I described above doesn't even exist, but if it does, please let me know :D

Thanks in advance for your time and help, happy new year!

Arma 2

Hope I could help!

Specs: CPU: AMD FX-8320 @4.0ghz GPU: ASUS DCUII GTX 770 PSU: EVGA Supernova 750g CASE: Fractal Define R4 RAM: 8 Gigabytes ADATA 1333 Mhz MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-990FXA-UD3

Hitman?

System Specs - CPU: i7 4770K - RAM: 8GB(2x4GB) Vengeance Pro - Motherboard: Maximus VI Gene - Case: Modded PowerMac G5 - CPU Cooler: H100i - PSU: AX860i - SSD: Samsung 840 Series 120GB and Kingston V300 120GB - HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB - Graphics Card: 2x GTX 780 - Case Fans: SP120s and Spectre 140s - Headphones: HD700, Alpha Dog, SE215

Sony A7R w/ Zeiss 55mm F1.8

Play black , I remeber that the levels used to take about 30-45 min

Cpu: Intel i7 4770k @4.4 Ghz | Case: Corsair 350D | Motherbord: Z87 Gryphon | Ram: dominator platinum 4X4 1866 | Video Card: SLI GTX 980 Ti | Power Supply: Seasonic 1000 platinum | Monitor: ACER XB270HU | Keyboard: RK-9100 | Mouse: R.A.T. 7 | Headset : HD 8 DJ | Watercooled

Definitely the Arma series, if you run into an area like an idiot you're dead. With extra mods like ACE/ACRE it becomes even more complicated.

Left For Dead 2 :)

CPU: Intel Core i7 4790K @ 4.4GHz (cooled by Corsair H110) Motherboard: ASUS Maximus VI Formula RAM: 16GB DDR3 1600MHz CL9 | GPU: ASUS GTX780TI-DC2OC-3GD5 Case: NZXT Phantom 630 Storage: Samsung 840 Pro 128GB + 3 x WD Black 500GB  + WD Black 1TB + WD Black 2TB + Kingston V300 120GB PSU: SeaSonic Platinum 660W Monitors: 3 x Iiyama ProLite XU2390HS-1 Keyboard: Logitech G910 Orion Spark Mouse: Logitech G502 Protheus Spectrum Mousemat: Steelseries QcK Heavy (40x45) Headset: Kingston HyperX Cloud II Speakers: Logitech Z906

I never actually played ARMA, I only bought it for DayZ but I'll download it and look into it, thanks :)

The thing with Splinter Cell and Hitman is that I can't stand 3rd person in most games (ironically Dead Space is one of my favourite games), do you have any 1st person games of that kind?

I already play L4D2, I'm enjoying it very much :)

Arma 2, Arma 3, Operation Flashpoint

@HeavyHDx

Edit:

In Arma you may also try Domination mod in multiplayer, it is COOP in which you are trying to capture enemy base/weapons/vehicles it is a lot of fun. It will download automaticaly when you join server.

Also wasteland mod, simmilar to domination but this is PvP, you can also build your own base. But you must find resources first.

Then there is Takistan life. This is RolePlaying mod in which youre playing as a Citizen of Takistan trying to earn money by working or doing illegal stuff like smuggling drugs. There are also players playing as a Police that can help you/arrest you/kill you/fine you.

All 3 mods will download automaticaly when you join server.

Yeah okay I'm now downloading ARMA 2 and try the ACE-Mod and project reality, thanks!

@felixbearpig which game do you mean with "black"?

Yeah okay I'm now downloading ARMA 2 and try the ACE-Mod and project reality, thanks!

@felixbearpig which game do you mean with "black"?

It's an older game mad by EA called BLACK

Cpu: Intel i7 4770k @4.4 Ghz | Case: Corsair 350D | Motherbord: Z87 Gryphon | Ram: dominator platinum 4X4 1866 | Video Card: SLI GTX 980 Ti | Power Supply: Seasonic 1000 platinum | Monitor: ACER XB270HU | Keyboard: RK-9100 | Mouse: R.A.T. 7 | Headset : HD 8 DJ | Watercooled

Not available for PC unfortunately :/

Arma 3 or Red Orchestra 2. If you have friends get Arma 3 because the game is really boring without any (that was my problem :( and get Red Orchestra if you don't have any friends and want an ultra realistic WW2 sim. Plus it's really fun and challenging. 

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard

The days standalone, sorry if you mean a game with a story not online scavenger style...

"Be excellent to one another" Bill and Ted

"How many people have died waiting for their Savour" Nick Arthur of Molotov Solution