Zen 2 Samples

DrDerp
Go to solution Solved by Razzy_85,

This is from WCCFTech so take it with a grain of salt.

With the reveal of AMD’s next-generation Zen 2 CPU core soon approaching, the latest rumors have revealed that Radeon Technologies Group already received one sample for optimizations. The rumor comes from a forum member at HardOCP who’s known to have some reputation on the forums when it comes to AMD related leaks.

The Zen 2 CPU featured 8 cores and 16 threads. Judging by the configuration, we can tell that this would be part of the third generation Ryzen mainstream family. The chip featured a base clock of 4.0 GHz and a boost clock of 4.5 GHz. It was tested with DDR4-3600 MHz (CL15) memory along with a Radeon RX Vega 64 Liquid graphics card. The test platform was an engineering motherboard with an AMD logo. It may be based on the new chipset but AMD did confirm when they launched Ryzen that their AM4 socket is designed to be future proof so the possibility of current motherboards to support next-gen Zen 2 CPUs is highly likely.

Earlier this year, AMD reported that their Zen 2 design was completed and the first processors will start sampling to customers in the second half of 2018. The server aimed EPYC ‘Rome’ CPUs will be the first to make use of the new Zen 2 cores when they are officially introduced in early 2019. Following is what Lisa Su, the CEO of AMD, had to say on the completion of their Zen 2 design:

In the server market, we will continue to work closely with major cloud vendors and OEMs to ramp their first generation EPYC-based systems while also completing key development milestones on our next generation Zen 2 based server platforms. Our Zen 2 design is now complete and we will be sampling to our customers later this year. Dr.Lisa Su at AMD

So my opinion on this leak is that Ryzen is looking pretty snazzy if all of this is true. Since there aren't any performance metrics or power draw indicators, I can't comment too much on that, just having my fingers crossed that this will be able to be a fantastic CPU when it comes out, but until then, its all speculation.

(First time posting any news if I missed something let me know).

Source:https://wccftech.com/amd-zen-2-ryzen-8-core-16-thread-cpu-leak/

Who needs fancy graphics and high resolutions when you can get a 60 FPS frame rate on iGPUs?

CPU: Ryzen 2700x Cooler: NZXT x52 Kraken Motherboard: ASUS Crosshair Vii RAM: Team Darkgroup 3600 16GB DDR4 GPU: Palit GTX 1080 Gamerock SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 256 GB, 500gb 870 Evo, 250gb 970 Evo m.2 HDD: 2TB Seagate Barracude Case: Meshify C PSU: Corsair AX860i OS: Windows 10 Pro

Laptop: MSI GS70 2QE

1 minute ago, Razzy_85 said:

Oh I didn't see that! Sorry about that!

Who needs fancy graphics and high resolutions when you can get a 60 FPS frame rate on iGPUs?

Clock bump above 4.0 and an IPC increase because of the process shrink? Once we have a TDP estimate we'll see just what Intel's up against. Also, I can't wait to see how well they've improved the Infinity Fabric latency, it's about time cheap DDR4 was available to ultra budget gamers for a little less sacrifice.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

Does this mean AMD has nothing to answer the i7-9700k until early 2019?

Or will we get the 2800x? (not the fake 10 core leak)

12 minutes ago, Hi P said:

AMD has referenced the 2800X a few times, but  they will stick to their guns with 3rd generation Ryzen probably. 

17 minutes ago, Hi P said:

AMD doesn't have to answer the 9700k, it is about the same as a 2700x (MT performance).

This leak does not state the class this AMD 8c16t part sits. and a only 8c16t die on 7nm is going to be tiny so I still expect more.

Die spacing I still expect 12c24t dies to be made by AMD, how they will be used I am not sure.

I would like to see upto 12c24t on AM4

if you want to annoy me, then join my teamspeak server ts.benja.cc

1 hour ago, The Benjamins said:

AMD doesn't have to answer the 9700k, it is about the same as a 2700x (MT performance).

This leak does not state the class this AMD 8c16t part sits. and a only 8c16t die on 7nm is going to be tiny so I still expect more.

Die spacing I still expect 12c24t dies to be made by AMD, how they will be used I am not sure.

I would like to see upto 12c24t on AM4

I wouldn't be surprised if they stayed with 8 for the better yields on the newer process as I am unsure how good the yields on 7nm are. 

If it can OC to 5GHz it will be amazing!

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |