Wallmount / 65" vs 55" / Sonos Soundsystem(?)

Hi,

I've been looking into an upgrade to my TV setup which currently is a cheap ass 40" LCD that is 6 years old and set me back $250. My current strategy is go big or go home. Even though I haven't set a max budget I can't afford to spend an infinite amount of money.

As a reference I live in Sweden so some US brands are not available here. Pricing is probably abit higher than US i belive.

TV

Based on reviews and pricing I've fallen for the Philips OLED's - unless someone can convince me that Dolby Vision is a MUST HAVE.

The two current contenders are: 

Philips 55'' OLED 4K UHD Smart TV 55POS9002 ~ $1300

Philips 65" OLED 4K UHD Smart TV 65OLED873/12 ~$2300

My question is if really is it worth $1000 to have a screen that is 10" larger?
Any heads up regarding Philips TV's?

Sound

Does anyone have experience using Sonos Beam + Sub + 2xPlay:1 speakers?

I really value the TrueSound and especially the fact that it's wireless. As well as I could potentially expand this system to the rest of my house. I have some Questions:

Can I use Alexa Voice control via the Beam even though the Play:1's are not compatible? or do I need the Sonos Play One's aswell?

Is the Sub worth the buck or do I get a very good experience with just the Beam + 2x Play:1?

Wallmount 

Does the utility of being able to turn and tilt my TV win over the fact that a really minimal mount makes my TV super thin and sticking to the wall? 

In general i feel the big decision for me budget wise is: Either i go for the 65" and skip the Sonos Sub or i get the 55" and buy the Sonos Sub.

Thanks for your input :)

It's not just 10" it's 10" diagonal. You see a huge difference in size. 

I believe all OLED panels are made by LG? I didn't know Philips had one. 

I would hold off on the Sonos Subwoofer, personally.

You only need a Play: ONE if it's an extra speaker, like in your kitchen or bedroom or somewhere else. Pointless to spend extra money on surround speakers.

The go BIG would be the Soundtouch 300, unless it's a size thing.

Thanks for your Reply. 

I've read about this Bose Soundtouch but from what I've gathered there seems to be a lot of issues with it?

Could you elaborate on why it's pointless to spend extra money on surround speakers?

What issues have you heard about?

Oh, I meant the Play:One specifically. You shouldn't use those as surround speakers, completely pointless to spend extra $50 when they just have alexa built in and are too far away to use the function.

On 10/2/2018 at 1:03 AM, epope said:

TV

Based on reviews and pricing I've fallen for the Philips OLED's - unless someone can convince me that Dolby Vision is a MUST HAVE.

I've got an LG with Dolby Vision and it is amazing for Dolby Vision content.  Unfortunately, there isn't much content yet.  There are a few shows on Netflix (like the new lost in space series), but it's a small subset of the HDR content, which is itself a small subset of already small amount of 4k content.  There are some Blurays that have Dolby Vision, but extremely few Bluray players that support Dolby Vision (it was just the Oppo; there may be more options now).

If there was more content it would be an easy recommendation.  If the price difference was less than 20% I would say go for it.  On the other hand, it really is the best format right now and will probably be the standard for a while.

Something to think about on the size subject: the extra size is not just larger, it also gains you additional viewing distance.  The recommended viewing distance for 55" is 1.4m - 2m; for 65" it is 1.6m - 2.5m.  Something to think about.