Xbox one Resolution

FatJay

So i heard Assassin´s creed Oddesey would run at a native 1080p on the 2013 Xbox one. But i would find that hard to believe considering AC Unity and Syndicate ran at a locked 900p. So it has to be upscaled right?

You may be need Scorpio 

IBM Thinkpad X60 custom \ inte I7-5500u custom production motherboard \ Samsung8G DDR3L X2 dual channel \\ 960G Samsung 860 EVO \\ PLEXTOR PX-64M6G \\ windows 10 professional workstation

We also heard that the Xbox one X and PS4 pro ran 4K, most of it has a HUGE asterix somewhere that says "jk it's lower than that".

6 hours ago, FatJay said:

So i heard Assassin´s creed Oddesey would run at a native 1080p on the 2013 Xbox one. But i would find that hard to believe considering AC Unity and Syndicate ran at a locked 900p. So it has to be upscaled right?

You have to wait for the Digital Foundry Analysis for now.

Or what Ubi will say about this issue...

I can't say for sure but I'd look at AC: Origins and compare it with that:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IuPP6x-Mm84

I'd assume that both might use similar technologys and content, so they should be comparable. And whats in there (haven't watched it!) might also apply to the new version.

PS: Don't you have a Game PC??

"Hell is full of good meanings, but Heaven is full of good works"

3 hours ago, Stefan Payne said:

You have to wait for the Digital Foundry Analysis for now.

Or what Ubi will say about this issue...

I can't say for sure but I'd look at AC: Origins and compare it with that:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IuPP6x-Mm84

I'd assume that both might use similar technologys and content, so they should be comparable. And whats in there (haven't watched it!) might also apply to the new version.

I do but origins has a mean ass microstutter. I get 80 fps avg but it stutters like 5-10 times per minute, atleast. So yea fuck that. I play it on 1440p high preset, My PC should easily be able to handle that.

15 hours ago, Stefan Payne said:

But you're in the console gaming subsection... There are games I find more convenient to own on console, it varies down to personal preference.

⠀⠀⠀⣴⣴⡤
⠀⣠⠀⢿⠇⡇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢰⢷⡗
⠀⢶⢽⠿⣗⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣼⡧⠂⠀⠀⣼⣷⡆
⠀⠀⣾⢶⠐⣱⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣤⣜⣻⣧⣲⣦⠤⣧⣿⠶
⠀⢀⣿⣿⣇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠛⠿⣿⣿⣷⣤⣄⡹⣿⣷
⠀⢸⣿⢸⣿⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⠙⢿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿
⠀⠿⠃⠈⠿⠆⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠹⠿⠿⠿

⠀⢀⢀⡀⠀⢀⣤⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⡀⡀
⠀⣿⡟⡇⠀⠭⡋⠅⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢰⣟⢿
⠀⣹⡌⠀⠀⣨⣾⣷⣄⠀⠀⠀⠀⢈⠔⠌
⠰⣷⣿⡀⢐⢿⣿⣿⢻⠀⠀⠀⢠⣿⡿⡤⣴⠄⢀⣀⡀
⠘⣿⣿⠂⠈⢸⣿⣿⣸⠀⠀⠀⢘⣿⣿⣀⡠⣠⣺⣿⣷
⠀⣿⣿⡆⠀⢸⣿⣿⣾⡇⠀⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣗⣻⡻⠿⠁
⠀⣿⣿⡇⠀⢸⣿⣿⡇⠀⠀⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠁

12 hours ago, FatJay said:

I do but origins has a mean ass microstutter. I get 80 fps avg but it stutters like 5-10 times per minute, atleast. So yea fuck that. I play it on 1440p high preset, My PC should easily be able to handle that.

What CPU do you have? How many Cores?
What GPUs?

39 minutes ago, Ross Siggers said:

But you're in the console gaming subsection...

Yes, and?

Should I lie to him, when there are better solutions for him?
And everyone should have a gaming PC and a console to complement that PC.

39 minutes ago, Ross Siggers said:

There are games I find more convenient to own on console, it varies down to personal preference.

Yes, there are some but the one we are talking about right now doesn't seem to be one of them. Especially since you have a Framerate disadvantage on the Consoles. We are (still) talking about 30fps usually on consoles vs. 60fps (or more) on the PC. 

And a 120Hz Screen with a 30fps game just doesn't make much sense as you still have the same latency on the system and only reduce it slightly on the screen. w/o 120fps incoming its not something worth thinking about that...

As for AC Odyssee: If you don't own a "Premium Console", get it on PC, simple as that. There are other Games that are worth playing on XBox One. Forza Horizon 3 for example (because it doesn't run well on PC at all).

When it comes down to the convenience of getting a game on console, a lot of that stuff doesn't matter greatly(again, depending on who you are).

Is Assassins Creed a game that benefits gameplay wise from having a higher framerate or refresh rate? It doesn't rely in super accurate timing, so personally I'd argue it doesn't. Unlike games like Counter Strike or Street fighter, where high refresh and frame counting make a competitive difference. I'd argue the complete opposite to your point about Forza Horizon titles for example, as sense of speed and fluidity is something I could definitely see worth having those features for.

But for this use case, Playing on a high refresh rate monitor with a beefy gaming PC, is not going to give me a tactical or gameplay advantage, over playing on a big TV, using a console(For reference, I own a regular ps4). Applying those points as arguements for an AC game, is almost falling into the 'pc masterace' category of discussion. Unless you're someone who's really picky with image quality. I don't know about you but the difference between 900p and 1080p on a TV that upscales well, is not all that.

I love the Life is Strange series. And yes, owning them on PC I could ramp up the fps and refresh rate...but much like AC it's just...not a game that would benefit in a noticeable way. Not to mention both that and AC will 99% of the time be played on a gamepad anyway.

I'm not saying I'm more console than PC but it's just...I feel like pulling out the stops toting 'better experience' on PC would be best applied in so many other cases. I'll be buying this game on ps4. Because my TV is waaaay bigger than my monitor  and I can lay in my bed gaming, not pixel peeping :D 

⠀⠀⠀⣴⣴⡤
⠀⣠⠀⢿⠇⡇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢰⢷⡗
⠀⢶⢽⠿⣗⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣼⡧⠂⠀⠀⣼⣷⡆
⠀⠀⣾⢶⠐⣱⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣤⣜⣻⣧⣲⣦⠤⣧⣿⠶
⠀⢀⣿⣿⣇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠛⠿⣿⣿⣷⣤⣄⡹⣿⣷
⠀⢸⣿⢸⣿⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⠙⢿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿
⠀⠿⠃⠈⠿⠆⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠹⠿⠿⠿

⠀⢀⢀⡀⠀⢀⣤⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⡀⡀
⠀⣿⡟⡇⠀⠭⡋⠅⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢰⣟⢿
⠀⣹⡌⠀⠀⣨⣾⣷⣄⠀⠀⠀⠀⢈⠔⠌
⠰⣷⣿⡀⢐⢿⣿⣿⢻⠀⠀⠀⢠⣿⡿⡤⣴⠄⢀⣀⡀
⠘⣿⣿⠂⠈⢸⣿⣿⣸⠀⠀⠀⢘⣿⣿⣀⡠⣠⣺⣿⣷
⠀⣿⣿⡆⠀⢸⣿⣿⣾⡇⠀⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣗⣻⡻⠿⠁
⠀⣿⣿⡇⠀⢸⣿⣿⡇⠀⠀⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠁

2 hours ago, Stefan Payne said:

What CPU do you have? How many Cores?
What GPUs?

Yes, and?

Should I lie to him, when there are better solutions for him?
And everyone should have a gaming PC and a console to complement that PC.

Yes, there are some but the one we are talking about right now doesn't seem to be one of them. Especially since you have a Framerate disadvantage on the Consoles. We are (still) talking about 30fps usually on consoles vs. 60fps (or more) on the PC. 

And a 120Hz Screen with a 30fps game just doesn't make much sense as you still have the same latency on the system and only reduce it slightly on the screen. w/o 120fps incoming its not something worth thinking about that...

As for AC Odyssee: If you don't own a "Premium Console", get it on PC, simple as that. There are other Games that are worth playing on XBox One. Forza Horizon 3 for example (because it doesn't run well on PC at all).

I have an i7-8700K - 16GB DDR4 2133mhz. and a GTX 1070TI. I want to buy oddesey on pc but i rather have 900p locked at 30 fps on my xbox than 1440p 80  fps that stutters every few seconds. Origins stutters so bad its impossible for me to enjoy. I tried turning the settings down and using a lower resolution but it doesnt fix anything. I also ordered a PS4 PRO today so i might buy it on that. Still, i bought an 1800 euro PC that is watercooled and has a 1TB SSD in it, and i still am scared of buying a game on pc lol.. Im not a tech savy guy and i would not of bought a gaming PC if i knew there was so much bullshit i had to deal with.. But oh well

PS

I have a 1440p 60hz monitor and i use NVIDEA FastSync. ( No turning VSync or capping the FPS did not stop the stutter.

2 minutes ago, FatJay said:

80  fps that stutters every few seconds.

(....)

PS

I have a 1440p 60hz monitor and i use NVIDEA FastSync. ( No turning VSync or capping the FPS did not stop the stutter.

Hm, that is strange.

Have you updated your graphics driver?? Installed the Intel INF Thingy?

Have you tried this:

https://steamcommunity.com/app/582160/discussions/0/1696040635911435289/

For me, what worked was disabling the first two cores by setting affinity in the task manager, details.

That also seems like something you want to try, to disable the first core or two of them (it would be Core #0 and COre #1).

maybe, eventually:

https://steamcommunity.com/app/582160/discussions/0/1693788384139758099/

I'd rather try to fix this issue on the PC to be honest and get it to work there...

15 minutes ago, Stefan Payne said:

Hm, that is strange.

Have you updated your graphics driver?? Installed the Intel INF Thingy?

Have you tried this:

https://steamcommunity.com/app/582160/discussions/0/1696040635911435289/

That also seems like something you want to try, to disable the first core or two of them (it would be Core #0 and COre #1).

maybe, eventually:

https://steamcommunity.com/app/582160/discussions/0/1693788384139758099/

I'd rather try to fix this issue on the PC to be honest and get it to work there...

Yup Graphics drivers are up to date.But i dont understand any of these guides u send me, its like Chinese to me lol. I have a farely large Steam library and  only 3 games stutter, Origins,PUBG,Black Ops 3. I bought my PC prebuild for a reason, because i know literally NOTHING of PC's lol. Dont get me wrong i do appreciate you trying to help me but the truth is im not willing to spend hours trying to get my games to work. Either they work, or they dont. Its that simple. Im just gonna cut my losses and never play any of these games on PC again. With that being said, im obviously never gonna buy a PC game from Ubisoft, Activision, or Bluehole again. Thanks again for trying to help!

Also what is weird when the FPS drops, the FPS counter shows no drop at all wich is strange.