Am I so burned out or what?

ManOfDisguise

Gmod Prop Hunt is at least fun for me :). And Gmod overall is pretty fun

Specs of my PC:

CPU: AMD FX 8350  Motherboard: Gigabyte 990XA UD3  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 Windforce 2GB  HDD: WD Green 2TB SSD:  Corsair Force GT 120GB SSD RAM: Corsair 8GB(2X4) PSU: CoolerMaster G650M

Whenever I play RTSs or MOBAs I'm just too impatient to learn, I have SC2 and I tried it for a bit in the campaign and tutorials(and some 2v2 matches) but I quickly uninstalled it. RTSs and MOBAs are probably my least favorite games(along with Sport games lol)MO

Dont like MOBAs either RTS on the other hand is a different story. But I never liked turn based RTS. But XCOM is a bit different. Play the demo and see if you liked it. I turned away from the game first. But now its pretty much my fav.

try any a half life game? i didn't play half life one that much but half life two grabed me and its a great game try that?.

Same. The only games I really played a lot couple of years ago was RuneScape (180 days game time) (PVP era was fun) and MW2 multiplier (22 days game time) on Xbox. Them good times staying up late and it was so fun :(. It's just not the same any more

We're almost exactly alike

I'm the same lost interest really only game that has held me for more than or or two startups lately has been starcraft and I'm getting sick to my back teeth with laddering with the broken groups at the minute. Now I've to start all over again and Zerg just feels underwhelming lately. And if I take a break for a month well then I'll have to work even harder just to get to where I was before christmas by beating crap players over and over again.

Like E-Sports? Check out the E-Sports forum for competitive click click pew pew

Like Anime? Check out Heaven Society the forums local Anime club

I was only living because it was too much trouble to die.

R9 7950x | RTX4090

same here, I'm glad the sale is over on steam tbh, I kept buying crap but not playing it cus something else would be on offer, well atleast I got a ton of new games to play now.

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600 | Cooler: Stock | RAM: 16GB Hyper Fury X RGB | GPU: RTX 2080 Super FTW3 | Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus Elite| PSU: Corsair RM850x
Storage: WD SN750 500GB / 850 500GB Samsung Evo /  | CASE: 570X | Display: Dell u2414h  | KEYBOARD: Corsair K70 | MOUSE: Corsair M65

I thought I was the only one in this forum that feels this way.

I actually played GMod... had fun with it for a couple of days... then that feeling just went away. Whenever the mode I played (Trouble in Terrorist Town) was changing servers, I immediately hit cancel quoting "Fuck this, I'm done."

I thought I was the only one in this forum that feels this way.

I actually played GMod... had fun with it for a couple of days... then that feeling just went away. Whenever the mode I played (Trouble in Terrorist Town) was changing servers, I immediately hit cancel quoting "Fuck this, I'm done."

I didnt even try TTT because its just filled with german servers and people screaming random shit. I find prop hunt much more fun. But I think I find sandbox singleplayer w the physics gun even more fun. Then when I get bored of Gmod I go to play Skyrim and just get frustrated at how buggy it is. Sometimes I cant even sprint because if I do I'll end up swimming in mid air. Really Bethesda? And then there are bunch of audio problems, stuttering problems, water is blinking and all kind of crap.

Specs of my PC:

CPU: AMD FX 8350  Motherboard: Gigabyte 990XA UD3  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 Windforce 2GB  HDD: WD Green 2TB SSD:  Corsair Force GT 120GB SSD RAM: Corsair 8GB(2X4) PSU: CoolerMaster G650M

I do not think that anyone fully understands what gaming is. IT IS A SECOND JOB!!! I have been pc gaming since 1994 and I have not quit. I play every day. How do I do such a ridiculous pointless, especially lonely, task? I get freaky with it!

My suggestion to you is to roleplay something fun. Give yourself an alternative purpose to play the game. Don't play skyrim to just be some axe toting maurader who breaks skulls in with ever swing, be a man named Tom Fisher who enjoys swimming naked in the river and has a nice farm that he stole from a bear. Gmod is limitless when it comes to roleplaying or making a silly goal.
I know what I just said only targets a few people so i have another solution. Find people to play with. I have have 3 groups of mumbles I bounce around on to play eve, dota2, csgo, starbound, cod4, all the games!!! Look at internet friends like imaginary ones that can talk. They are so much cooler!

One more suggestion. INDIE GAMES. Dear God do they really keep things interesting.

My final suggestion. Play Dungeons and Dragons. Pencil and paper style. When I'm not pc gaming I am doing that.
I know this all seems strange but im 24 and have been pc gaming since I was 5 on MSDOS and I still go home to my computer. I have played every genre and deep down they are all clones of each other, but you have to find joy in the little things. If you cannot, then you have just grown out of it and there is nothing wrong with that. If you need a group of people to play with, just let me know. I am down to play anything.

I do not think that anyone fully understands what gaming is. IT IS A SECOND JOB!!! I have been pc gaming since 1994 and I have not quit. I play every day. How do I do such a ridiculous pointless, especially lonely, task? I get freaky with it!

My suggestion to you is to roleplay something fun. Give yourself an alternative purpose to play the game. Don't play skyrim to just be some axe toting maurader who breaks skulls in with ever swing, be a man named Tom Fisher who enjoys swimming naked in the river and has a nice farm that he stole from a bear. Gmod is limitless when it comes to roleplaying or making a silly goal.

I know what I just said only targets a few people so i have another solution. Find people to play with. I have have 3 groups of mumbles I bounce around on to play eve, dota2, csgo, starbound, cod4, all the games!!! Look at internet friends like imaginary ones that can talk. They are so much cooler!

One more suggestion. INDIE GAMES. Dear God do they really keep things interesting.

My final suggestion. Play Dungeons and Dragons. Pencil and paper style. When I'm not pc gaming I am doing that.

I know this all seems strange but im 24 and have been pc gaming since I was 5 on MSDOS and I still go home to my computer. I have played every genre and deep down they are all clones of each other, but you have to find joy in the little things. If you cannot, then you have just grown out of it and there is nothing wrong with that. If you need a group of people to play with, just let me know. I am down to play anything.

This.... this post is awesome. I like you.

But really, he's right. It amazes me how decent Bethesda is at building games that allow you to do so many crazy things, but so many people just look at how to level as quickly as possible and then have the nerve to say the games are boring when they spent two days creating a ridiculous jack of all trades character that can kill everything on Master and can get mauled by 27 snow bears and frost trolls simultaneously without dying.

I didn't really like Gmod though. Sure, you can do anything... but it's not really a "game" per se... it's a tool.

I do understand where OP is coming from though. I have games on my shelf I purchased 4 years ago and never finished. And I was one of those kids that would get a game for Christmas and then play the first 3 hours of it over and over again for a year after finishing the story.

But ... if you really want to try out some truly great games... try Mark of the Ninja, Shank (1 and/or 2) and especially, Don't Starve. Klei Entertainment is quickly becoming one of my favorite developers because they build games that are just really simple but FUN. No bullshit.

"A picture is starting to form here... I wonder if it's accurate? Some pieces don't quite seem to fit. Or maybe I just don't like the way it looks."

This.... this post is awesome. I like you.

Oh my  :wub:  a/s/l?

Now back to topic.

But ... if you really want to try out some truly great games... try Mark of the Ninja, Shank (1 and/or 2) and especially, Don't Starve. Klei Entertainment is quickly becoming one of my favorite developers because they build games that are just really simple but FUN. No bullshit.

All of those games are very different from the other. That is what indie games can inspire. I highly suggest you give those a try if you were able to snag something off the steam winter sale. Problem these days is that for the past 5 years, if not more, cookiecutter games have been shoved down our throats as the only option. As a gamer, you have to go out and find something special that isn't just another clone. There are good games out there, you just have to give it a chance and find them.

I seriously think I'm burnt out from gaming. Everything gets boring real fast for me the past few months. CSGO, Chivalry and even Skyrim(mods wont fix it for me if the gameplay itself is lacking and i dont want no wacky mods). I tried MOBAs like DOTA 2 and SMITE but no, just no I am terrible at them and i dont have the patience to learn them. Im giving hope to one more game in the future that might save me...Gmod. 

What's going on with me? Every game I buy I just get bored of extremely fast.

I know the feeling, I've been like this for almost 2 years now. It doesn't help that it takes eons for great games to come out, and at best we only get a handful of worthy releases throughout the year. 

Honestly, it's probably just depression. 

8320 @ 4.3ghz l Gigabyte 970a Ud3 l Hyper 212 Evo l R9 290 l 8gb RAM 1866 Vengeance l 1tb WD Black l 120gb Samsung Evo SSD l HX750 Gold PSU l 500d Arctic Case l Windows 8 OS l K65 and Blackwidow Keyboard l M65 and DeathAdder 2013 l Qck Steelseries l 24in Vizio Monitor 1080p

I know the feeling, I've been like this for almost 2 years now. It doesn't help that it takes eons for great games to come out, and at best we only get a handful of worthy releases throughout the year. 

What is really depressing is that you think only a handful of worthy games have come out.

Then again, my definition of worthy is vastly different than the common person but....

And the 2013 soggy awards goes to!!!

Saints row 4

starbound

antichamber

Amnesia: machine for pigs

project zomboid

zeno clash 2

path of exile

bioshock infinite

xcom

fez

dust

dayz

rise of the triad

papers, please

organ trail

and the list goes on

I don't know about you, but that is like.... 2 maybe 3 handfuls. My hands are huge so that is all i can base it on.

and the huge overdose of shooters.  the only shooter i'll play nowadays is CS

Specs of my PC:

OMG..... I have all the biggest titles of 2013 and some of 2012..... I found myself playing Wizard 101 last week -_-

I have Crysis 3, Black Ops 2, And all these awesome games, but i got myself playing Grinderscape(Moded Runescape) 1 week ago

I have Crysis 3, Black Ops 2, And all these awesome games, but i got myself playing Grinderscape(Moded Runescape) 1 week

The people that play these games wish they had our hardware but we're playing peasant games :'(

The people that play these games wish they had our hardware but we're playing peasant games :'(

Lol, Like how i have now 2 780 ti cards?

My tip: Play with some good mates, I was a big gamer back in high school and college but somehow got bored (I'm scared to say I outgrew it somehow), but playing with your good mates online is always fun. Yust make sure they're really your good mates, the ones you see for coffee or smthng 3-4 times a week. We mostly play l4d2 and bf4 now, bf3, bfbc2, dead island(1,2) before that... that sort of games. It's loads of fun to swear and shout :D

Intel 4770k@4.6GHz, ASUS ROG Maximus VI Hero, Kingston HyperX Beast 2x8GB 2400MHz CL11, Gigabyte GTX 1070 Gaming, Kingston HyperX 3k 240GB - RAID0 (2x120Gb), 2xWD 1TB (Blue and Green), Corsair H100i, Corsair AX860, CoolerMaster HAF X, ASUS STRIX Tactic pro, Logitech G400S, HyperX Cloud II, Logitech X530, Acer Predator X34.

My tip: Play with some good mates, I was a big gamer back in high school and college but somehow got bored (I'm scared to say I outgrew it somehow), but playing with your good mates online is always fun. Yust make sure they're really your good mates, the ones you see for coffee or smthng 3-4 times a week. We mostly play l4d2 and bf4 now, bf3, bfbc2, dead island(1,2) before that... that sort of games. It's loads of fun to swear and shout :D

Unless you play a moba (dota2, smite, lol, dota). You will end up hating them :P

Lol, Like how i have now 2 780 ti cards?

Who as 780ti and play wizard 101 >:'(

You should be shot:P

just take a break for awhile, what I do when I get bored of gaming.

MoBo: 970A-D3P CPU: FX-8350 GPU: HD 7950 PSU: 1000watt RAM:8Gb of G,skill 1600

Who has 780ti and play wizard 101 >:'(

You should be shot:P

Lol, the two 780 ti cards are for crysis 3, but my brother has a freaking water-cooled 4x 780 (not ti) and a 4970k CPU 64 GB ram, 16TB mass storage, 4 TB ssd raid 0 (Both).

fak, and hes playing League (of legends) right now

Maybe gaming isn't for you anymore? How about Jazzercise?

I've experienced this several times in the past few years. I recommend trying other hobbies and spending more time on other things. Then that passion for gaming will eventually come back. Sometimes instantly, other times it creeps in

Desert Storm PC | Corsair 600T | ASUS Sabertooth 990FX AM3+ | AMD FX-8350 | MSI 7950 TFIII | 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 | Seasonic X650W I Samsung 840 series 500GB SSD

Mobile Devices I ASUS Zenbook UX31E I Nexus 7 (2013) I Nexus 5 32GB (red)