Steam, Battle.net, and Origin all fall victim to DDoS attacks

nicehat

DDoS-network-map.jpg

Three of the largest online game platforms have fallen victim to distributed denial-of-service (DDoS) attacks this week.

DDoS attacks involve a large number of computers connecting simultaneously to a specific system and consuming its resources such as RAM, CPU and bandwidth thus making it unavailable to legit customers.

At least EA's Origin, Valve's Steam and Blizzard's Battle.net have been confirmed as DDoS victims. A group/person with the Twitter handle ‘DerpTrolling’ claims to be behind the attacks and has repeatedly mentioned Valve’s managing director Gabe Newell as the person to whom the attacks are apparently dedicated. 

Two different groups claimed responsibility for similar attacks against Steam and Battle.net. 

None of the three companies admitted to falling victim to denial of service attacks, however EA did acknowledge that it is "working to resolve connectivity/login issues affecting various platforms/games."

http://gamerant.com/steam-origin-services-down-hacks-ddos-attacks/

AMD FX-8350 @ 4.7Ghz when gaming | MSI 990FXA-GD80 v2 | Swiftech H220 | Sapphire Radeon HD 7950  +  XFX Radeon 7950 | 8 Gigs of Crucial Ballistix Tracers | 140 GB Raptor X | 1 TB WD Blue | 250 GB Samsung Pro SSD | 120 GB Samsung SSD | 750 Watt Antec HCG PSU | Corsair C70 Mil Green

Bastards, this is why the TF2 items servers aren't working then.

Build 1: 4770k (H100i) | 2 x MSI 280X Gaming 3G | Asus ROG Maximus VI Hero | Corsair RM850 | 16GB Corsiar Vengeance 1600MHz | Corsair Obsidian 750D |

Build 2: 3770k (Titan Fenrir Evo) | Powercool 3GB HD7970 Asus Sabertooth Z77 | Corsair TX750 | 16GB Kingston HyperX Genesis 2133MHz Inwin Fanqua |

How arent they caught yet? The fuck nsa??

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

Why?... What is their profit? Why would they do this?

[CPU: AMD FX-6100 @3.3GHz ] [MoBo: Asrock 970 Extreme4] [GPU: Gigabyte 770 OC ] [RAM: 8GB] [sSD: 64gb for OS] [PSU: 550Watt Be Quiet!] [HDD: 1TB] [CPU cooler: Be Quiet! Shadow Rock Pro Sr1]  -Did i solve your question/problem? Please click 'Marked Solved'-

The funny thing is that they call themselves hackers by DDoSing...

CPU: Intel i5 3570k @4200 | Motherboard: ASUS P8Z77-V LK | RAM: 8gb Crucial Ballistix @1600 | GPU: Evga GTX 660 TI x2 SLI | Case: Corsair C70 | Storage: WD Black 1TB, Samsung 830 126GB SSD, Kingston V300 120GB SSD | PSU: Corsair HX850 | Display(s): ASUS 2ms 24inch 1920x1080 | Cooling: Corsair H100i | Keyboard: Razer BlackWidow Ultimate 13 | Mouse: Razer Naga 13 

Why?... What is their profit? Why would they do this?

So these companies have better security I guess, they even took down a website that offers DDoS protection lol

i3-2120|4gb 1333|GTX 650ti 1gb|Fractal R4|Corsair 430w 

Just sounds like a bunch of 14 year olds who think they're cool because they can "hack".

By hack I mean use a simple DDOS program. It's like calling a script kiddie a hacker.

Bored people doing stupid things.

Mobo: Z97 MSI Gaming 7 / CPU: i5-4690k@4.5GHz 1.23v / GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 / RAM: 8GB DDR3 1600MHz@CL9 1.5v / PSU: Corsair CX500M / Case: NZXT 410 / Monitor: 1080p IPS Acer R240HY bidx

Why would you do that to GabeN? What has he done except give everyone amazing sales. :(

So these companies have better security I guess, they even took down a website that offers DDoS protection lol

I'm pretty sure derptrolling, of whatever they are, said they attack the ISP so the don't even have to deal with the DDoS protection that Steam etc. has.

With this kind of power why don't they just do something nice for once like give everyone free games or place orders for people like presents? But NOOOO. They have to do something...yet again...retarded.

I can't believe how many people are supporting DerpTrolling and chFthecat and want them to DDoS more websites and servers. Some men really want to watch the world burn.

ܝܘܚܢܢ ܒܝܬ ܐܦܪܝܡ : Planning Stages.

i7 4790K | MSI Krait | 480 GB SSD | R9 295 x2 | Phanteks Enthoo Primo | Watercooled

I can't believe how many people are supporting DerpTrolling and chFthecat and want them to DDoS more websites and servers. Some men really want to watch the world burn.

Those people aren't men anyway. They're boys, boys with penis envy.

Dem angry console peasants... just can't take the danger

My build:

CPU: Intel Core i5 2500K @ 4.0GHz Motherboard: Gigabyte Z68X-UD3H-B3 GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 770 RAM: 12GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600 Storage: Samsung 120GB 840 SSD Cooling: Corsair H100 with Noctuas Case: Fractal Arc Midi R2

SpeedTest: http://www.speedtest.net/result/3243874809.png

Add world of tanks to that list.

Main Gaming PC - i9 10850k @ 5GHz - EVGA XC Ultra 2080ti with Heatkiller 4 - Asrock Z490 Taichi - Corsair H115i - 32GB GSkill Ripjaws V 3600 CL16 OC'd to 3733 - HX850i - Samsung NVME 256GB SSD - Samsung 3.2TB PCIe 8x Enterprise NVMe - Toshiba 3TB 7200RPM HD - Lian Li Air

Proxmox Server - i7 8700k @ 4.5Ghz - 32GB EVGA 3000 CL15 OC'd to 3200 - Asus Strix Z370-E Gaming - Oracle F80 800GB Enterprise SSD, LSI SAS running 3 4TB and 2 6TB (Both Raid Z0), Samsung 840Pro 120GB - Phanteks Enthoo Pro

Super Server - i9 7980Xe @ 4.5GHz - 64GB 3200MHz Cl16 - Asrock X299 Professional - Nvidia Telsa K20 -Sandisk 512GB Enterprise SATA SSD, 128GB Seagate SATA SSD, 1.5TB WD Green (Over 9 years of power on time) - Phanteks Enthoo Pro 2

Laptop - 2019 Macbook Pro 16" - i7 - 16GB - 512GB - 5500M 8GB - Thermal Pads and Graphite Tape modded

Smart Phones - iPhone X - 64GB, AT&T, iOS 13.3 iPhone 6 : 16gb, AT&T, iOS 12 iPhone 4 : 16gb, AT&T Go Phone, iOS 7.1.1 Jailbroken. iPhone 3G : 8gb, AT&T Go Phone, iOS 4.2.1 Jailbroken.

And Derptrolling has angered someone they probably shouldn't have. Somehow, and I'm still reading here... they got on the wrong side of th3j35t3r.

3 big gaming services taken down by DDoS attacks.

Half life 3 confirmed.

Signatures are stupid.

THAT'S why I keep getting kicked off Borderlands 2....

BTW, this is Monday and it's still happening.

If it can mean anything to anybody at any time, it means nothing.