call anyone with an imagination

mr moose

So I've been asked to do sound for a close friends wedding,  They want a rustic wedding,  logs and barns and crap like that.  Now I want to do something special for them but for the life of me a can't think of a way to customize a pair of speakers so they look rustic.  I considered old chests (kinda like a storage box) but that would look strange sitting on a stand, so I considered making the stands look like a pile of old tea chests, but that would look big and bulky.  I even considered making them look like a gramophone,  I can make just about anything, I can hide speakers behind cloth (materials like blankets and hessian or mesh) I can custom build boxes into any shape or finish.  The problem is I just lack some imagination and/or creative flare.

Please throw any and all ideas you have at me.  I don't care how silly it might seem or how much work it would take. I don't even care if it isn't quite a rustic idea. the more I have to consider the more chance I have of making something better.   I want this to be a special event for them.

Cheers for any ideas.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

Make them look like hay bales and then make the stands look like pitchforks? idk

CPU: Core i9 12900K || CPU COOLER : Corsair H100i Pro XT || MOBO : ASUS Prime Z690 PLUS D4 || GPU: PowerColor RX 6800XT Red Dragon || RAM: 4x8GB Corsair Vengeance (3200) || SSDs: Samsung 970 Evo 250GB (Boot), Crucial P2 1TB, Crucial MX500 1TB (x2), Samsung 850 EVO 1TB || PSU: Corsair RM850 || CASE: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini || MONITOR: Acer Predator X34A (1440p 100hz), HP 27yh (1080p 60hz) || KEYBOARD: GameSir GK300 || MOUSE: Logitech G502 Hero || AUDIO: Bose QC35 II || CASE FANS : 2x Corsair ML140, 1x BeQuiet SilentWings 3 120 ||

LAPTOP: Dell XPS 15 7590

TABLET: iPad Pro

PHONE: Galaxy S9

She/they 

6 minutes ago, OrbitalBuzzsaw said:

Make them look like hay bales and then make the stands look like pitchforks? idk

it's a start.  I could certainly make stands out of hay bales.  :)

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

1 hour ago, mr moose said:

So I've been asked to do sound for a close friends wedding,  They want a rustic wedding,  logs and barns and crap like that. 

1 hour ago, mr moose said:

Cheers for any ideas.

Hmm, the most rustic I can think of are door speakers, but that's more Caribbean thing rather than a countryside thing. 

Think the speakers they used at dance hall parties back in the '60s and '70s. 

Although, as a one off that might be an expernsive solution. 

Another option could be to find some old radios from the '30s and '40s, remove the internals and replace the speaker with a more modern design. 

Those things can, usually, be found for rather cheap on Craigslist or at garage sales. 

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes