Which realistic racing games should I try?

Jaok
Just now, Stefan Payne said:

Naa, it does have a PC version but the PC version has some serious stability issues. 

Either doesn't start or constantly crashes. 

Better get Forza Motorsport 7 instead.

Or Forza Horizon 4.

yeah it crashes sometimes. i have FH3 but pirate :) 

7 hours ago, JZStudios said:

-snip-

Meh, they're ok. Not the best but not the worst. 

Yeah they get salty pretty easily when people comment <insert mod> is better then their content. 

Audio in ACC is much better than in AC, i guess they didn't bother to improve AC audio anymore. IMO at some point AC audio is pretty good but it went downhill and i'm not sure what they changed, didn't follow the changelog much.

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

1 hour ago, xAcid9 said:

Meh, they're ok. Not the best but not the worst. 

Yeah they get salty pretty easily when people comment <insert mod> is better then their content. 

Audio in ACC is much better than in AC, i guess they didn't bother to improve AC audio anymore. IMO at some point AC audio is pretty good but it went down downhill and i'm not sure what they changed, didn't follow the changelog much.

They get salty when people post "Can you fix this?"

We'll also ignore the console ports and how amazing those were. They're amateur modders at best really, the talented modders make their game actually work and add new features.

And maybe it's not their fault since it seems to the sim community as a whole, but the fanbase is filled with losers who'd spit venom if they could.

#Muricaparrotgang

5 hours ago, JZStudios said:

*snip*

2 hours ago, JZStudios said:

*snip*

Daaayuuum! Glad you got that out of your system :D Tbh I am a bit bugged by the lack of a day/night cycle with headlights...and I've played the console port, it's....eehhhh

But I had no idea the official forums were so toxic. I'm not part of the 'community' like I was back in the rFactor days, not got the time. I just read threads and download stuff from RaceDepartment these days. And one other place, if I want an unsanctioned port of a track *ahem*

The Sim Racing community is weird if you get too involved. It's full of some of the most  strongly opinionated people in the world. Did you ever used to use the news website VirtualR? It was great, but christ, some people got into the most ridiculous arguements in the comments. Often about whether Project Cars deserves to be called a sim. Petty things like that...

⠀⠀⠀⣴⣴⡤
⠀⣠⠀⢿⠇⡇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢰⢷⡗
⠀⢶⢽⠿⣗⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣼⡧⠂⠀⠀⣼⣷⡆
⠀⠀⣾⢶⠐⣱⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣤⣜⣻⣧⣲⣦⠤⣧⣿⠶
⠀⢀⣿⣿⣇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠛⠿⣿⣿⣷⣤⣄⡹⣿⣷
⠀⢸⣿⢸⣿⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⠙⢿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿
⠀⠿⠃⠈⠿⠆⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠹⠿⠿⠿

⠀⢀⢀⡀⠀⢀⣤⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⡀⡀
⠀⣿⡟⡇⠀⠭⡋⠅⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢰⣟⢿
⠀⣹⡌⠀⠀⣨⣾⣷⣄⠀⠀⠀⠀⢈⠔⠌
⠰⣷⣿⡀⢐⢿⣿⣿⢻⠀⠀⠀⢠⣿⡿⡤⣴⠄⢀⣀⡀
⠘⣿⣿⠂⠈⢸⣿⣿⣸⠀⠀⠀⢘⣿⣿⣀⡠⣠⣺⣿⣷
⠀⣿⣿⡆⠀⢸⣿⣿⣾⡇⠀⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣗⣻⡻⠿⠁
⠀⣿⣿⡇⠀⢸⣿⣿⡇⠀⠀⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠁

On 9/26/2018 at 9:12 PM, akio123008 said:

It might be impossible to do on a keyboard, but I'm going to suggest it anyway; DiRT Rally

The 3th and 4th are quite cheap on G2A

16 hours ago, Ross Siggers said:

Daaayuuum! Glad you got that out of your system :D Tbh I am a bit bugged by the lack of a day/night cycle with headlights...and I've played the console port, it's....eehhhh

But I had no idea the official forums were so toxic. I'm not part of the 'community' like I was back in the rFactor days, not got the time. I just read threads and download stuff from RaceDepartment these days. And one other place, if I want an unsanctioned port of a track *ahem*

The Sim Racing community is weird if you get too involved. It's full of some of the most  strongly opinionated people in the world. Did you ever used to use the news website VirtualR? It was great, but christ, some people got into the most ridiculous arguements in the comments. Often about whether Project Cars deserves to be called a sim. Petty things like that...

Hey, he asked. :P I got banned from the AC forum for saying that AC looks worse than Forza (Which it obviously does) in a "sim game visual/graphics comparison" thread, so it wasn't out of nowhere or me shitting on it, Forza is just the best game visually and they moved on from PC sim graphics after... I'd say probably FM3.

The thing I did which caused the community and Lord Kunos himself to attack me and call me a conspiracy theorist was say that a new update seemed to have added a small amount of understeer. I literally said along the lines of "Is it just me, or is there a bit more understeer with the latest tire model?" This was also around the time of the console ports, so apparently I was a conspiracy theorist claiming that Kunos were dumbing down the game to be more arcade and play better with a controller to appease the larger casual console popcorn playerbase. That was their actual response to my comment. They're freakin nuts, and then Lord Kunos joins in to call me an idiot and tell me to read a book.

I mean, I thought the whole thing was pretty funny. What irritates me about being banned for a stupid reason is that I can no longer look on the forum for news updates or for the (before they canned it) larger mod database. So I couldn't really get new mods since most people went through the AC forums instead of RaceDepartment. Can't forums just revoke posting privileges?

But yeah, I try not to get too involved in the communities because the people are nuts. I'm on the DiRT forums because for the most part were just a bunch of goofy dudes having a good time until our little happy place gets filled with people screaming "NoVRNoBuy." Otherwise we're pretty friendly and we don't hold grudges unlike a vast majority of the community. The sim racing community as a whole sucks.

#Muricaparrotgang