Opinion on Vizio TV's

Xcelsior86

What's everyone's opinion on Vizio TV's specifically the M series 65" 2018 edition?  I've read the reviews and they are good and Vizio seems to be the best bang for the buck.  However I've heard the quality control isn't always the greatest at least for previous years.  I'm not buying a tv yet, but will be hopefully by the end of the year after I upgrade my sound system for Atmos and 4K shortly.  I don't have the biggest budget for a TV and for that reason the Vizio is very attractive since the Rtings review of the M series is extremely close to the Samsung NU8000.

I had a 32" Vizio for nine years. The only reason I replaced it recently was I wanted a 43" TV with three HDMI inputs instead of the Vizio's two HDMI inputs. In some ways, the Vizio was better than the Insignia that replaced it.

Jeannie

As long as anyone is oppressed, no one will be safe and free.

One has to be proactive, not reactive, to ensure the safety of one's data so backup your data! And RAID is NOT a backup!

Vizio was produced by Sony when they first released. 

The M series does not come close to the Samsung 8000. I have owned 2 M series Vizio's. Both broke within 8 months. I only got them because I was offered promo pricing and basically paid cost. Even then, I wouldn't recommend them even at what I paid. Do what you gotta do, but you will regret the Vizio. It will burn you in the end. I've seen way too many get returned or people came back to replace them and went with top brand. I'd much prefer a TCL over a Vizio. If you're going to cheap out and get a Vizio, just go cheap and get a TCL. The M cannot process as well as the 8000, and when you turn on the processed motion rate with Vizio, the panel loses brightness and you give up other processing to get the better rate. 

The ONLY Vizio I would recommend. Is their P series. That is a good tv.