ITX/mATX with External 5.25" bay

Velcade

I'm looking to set up a HTPC for the family and want the smallest case possible that still allows for an external 5.25" bay.  Any and all suggestions are welcome.  I am not too familiar with the small form factor sector.

Currently I have my eyes on the Silverstone ML03B case.  What are some other cases that fit this criteria?

Thanks.

Build to include:  Ryzen APU and 1 HDD.  No need to account for the extra space of a GPU.

"And I'll be damned if I let myself trip from a lesser man's ledge"

18 minutes ago, LukeSavenije said:

You forgot to check the HTPC box ;) 

image.png.9d94975b8811c0cbd339773ee79725c0.png

The ML03/ML04 would have been my recommendations. They dont get too much smaller than that. 

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

1 minute ago, TVwazhere said:

The ML03/ML04 would have been my recommendations. They dont get too much smaller than that. 

Looking around that's what I thought but wasn't sure if there was a hidden gem I missed.

Thanks, I'll go with the ML03

"And I'll be damned if I let myself trip from a lesser man's ledge"

4 hours ago, Velcade said:

I'm looking to set up a HTPC for the family and want the smallest case possible that still allows for an external 5.25" bay. 

Go for an external USB Drive! Or a 5,25" External Drive Case.

They are like 20 bucks. Though a bit flimsy (because Notebook drives)

Currently I have my eyes on the Silverstone ML03B case.  What are some other cases that fit this criteria?

Thing is that everything with Opt. Drive Bays is humongous. 

I don't have a pic right now but a RV-01 is about 5 times the size of an ANtec ISK110. And that's what I use for my small Office Surfe PC. Its tiny, like a bigger book.

With the demand for an internal 5,25" drive bay, you limit your choices and also the cases get really huge...

Other options would be a Chieftec IX-03 with MK-35DV if it has to be small... 

Silverstone Raven RV01 (ugly), SilverStone Milo ML07 and ML.08.

Those are about 1,5 times the hight of a normal standard A/V Device like an old VCR or Sattelite Receiver...

And you need a slim line slot in drive, like the Silverstone one (wich is rather expensive with 65€)...

So in the end, you should look into external drives. That's the best solution...

And an Antec ISK110

That would be my recommendation.

"Hell is full of good meanings, but Heaven is full of good works"