Streamlabs OBS - New Affiliate Partner

CPotter

We're now an affiliate partner for Streamlabs OBS! If you're looking to broadcast to Twitch, YouTube, Mixer, etc, or are already a seasoned broadcaster looking to try a new software, try it for free today at https://streamlabs.com/slobs/d/10330960

Features (Taken from landing page):

- Explore the largest library of free themes

- Face Masks - Alerts 2.0

- Easy Setup - Go Live in 60s

- Combine four screens into one (Streamlabs Dashboard, Twitch Chat, Twitch Dashboard, OBS, etc)

- Up to 2x Better Video Encoding

2990071110.png

Can someone explain Steamlabs OBS vs uhh, normal OBS?

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

4 minutes ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

So SL OBS (StreamLabs OBS) is the all in one version of OBS, with a lot of the aftermarket packages and software already installed so getting a stream up and running is simpler. Getting things like Overlays, alerts, Bit/donation icons, bit cup and chat tickers (Plus a LOT more depending on the stream) is not a simple progress for the average gamer and they OFTEN break. Streamlabs was a platform that handled a lot of this before, but you had to download OBS and streamlabs separately and set the overlays and such up through OBS using data from Streamlabs. 

TL;DR, SL OBS does a really good job at handling the more tedious parts of setting up a stream. 

Fine you want the PSU tier list? Have the PSU tier list: https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/1116640-psu-tier-list-40-rev-103/

Stille (Desktop)

Ryzen 9 3900XT@4.5Ghz - Cryorig H7 Ultimate - 16GB Vengeance LPX 3000Mhz- MSI RTX 3080 Ti Ventus 3x OC - SanDisk Plus 480GB - Crucial MX500 500GB - Intel 660P 1TB SSD - (2x) WD Red 2TB - EVGA G3 650w - Corsair 760T

Evoo Gaming 15"
i7-9750H - 16GB DDR4 - GTX 1660Ti - 480GB SSD M.2 - 1TB 2.5" BX500 SSD 

VM + NAS Server (ProxMox 6.3)

1x Xeon E5-2690 v2  - 92GB ECC DDR3 - Quadro 4000 - Dell H310 HBA (Flashed with IT firmware) -500GB Crucial MX500 (Proxmox Host) Kingston 128GB SSD (FreeNAS dev/ID passthrough) - 8x4TB Toshiba N300 HDD

Toys: Ender 3 Pro, Oculus Rift CV1, Oculus Quest 2, about half a dozen raspberry Pis (2b to 4), Arduino Uno, Arduino Mega, Arduino nano (x3), Arduino nano pro, Atomic Pi. 

Just now, Grayson Pollard said:

Exactly.

Read my reply to Ryan. 

Fine you want the PSU tier list? Have the PSU tier list: https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/1116640-psu-tier-list-40-rev-103/

Stille (Desktop)

Ryzen 9 3900XT@4.5Ghz - Cryorig H7 Ultimate - 16GB Vengeance LPX 3000Mhz- MSI RTX 3080 Ti Ventus 3x OC - SanDisk Plus 480GB - Crucial MX500 500GB - Intel 660P 1TB SSD - (2x) WD Red 2TB - EVGA G3 650w - Corsair 760T

Evoo Gaming 15"

1x Xeon E5-2690 v2  - 92GB ECC DDR3 - Quadro 4000 - Dell H310 HBA (Flashed with IT firmware) -500GB Crucial MX500 (Proxmox Host) Kingston 128GB SSD (FreeNAS dev/ID passthrough) - 8x4TB Toshiba N300 HDD

Toys: Ender 3 Pro, Oculus Rift CV1, Oculus Quest 2, about half a dozen raspberry Pis (2b to 4), Arduino Uno, Arduino Mega, Arduino nano (x3), Arduino nano pro, Atomic Pi. 

17 minutes ago, CPotter said:

We're now an affiliate partner for Streamlabs OBS! If you're looking to broadcast to Twitch, YouTube, Mixer, etc, or are already a seasoned broadcaster looking to try a new software, try it for free today at https://streamlabs.com/slobs/d/10330960

Features (Taken from landing page):

- Explore the largest library of free themes

- Face Masks - Alerts 2.0

- Easy Setup - Go Live in 60s

- Combine four screens into one (Streamlabs Dashboard, Twitch Chat, Twitch Dashboard, OBS, etc)

- Up to 2x Better Video Encoding

Honestly wonder how many people won't know the difference between vanilla OBS and SL OBS... Maybe a video to cover it or something? I really think the biggest question will be the: "What's the difference between this and normal OBS?" 

Stille (Desktop)

Evoo Gaming 15"

8 minutes ago, Brink2Three said:

Honestly wonder how many people won't know the difference between vanilla OBS and SL OBS... Maybe a video to cover it or something? I really think the biggest question will be the: "What's the difference between this and normal OBS?" 

Not a bad idea, maybe a Techquickie or something along those lines.

1 minute ago, CPotter said:

Sounds like a good idea. Maybe a shootout between the top 3 of Xplit, OBS and SL OBS? Explaining day to day use and what each one's strengths and weaknesses are. I'm sure between your's and Luke's streaming experience you could come up with an informative video that would explain a lot. 

Oh and Hi it's BrinkGG btw. :) created my forum account before twitch so my username is different. 

Stille (Desktop)

Evoo Gaming 15"

Oh hey, this is already something I have. Neato. Integrates VERY nicely with the streamdeck giving lots of background templates and whatnot. Also lets you get the twitch chat right into the OBS window instead of having to have a twitch window open. THANK YOU

bloop.png

30 minutes ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

As @Brink2Three noted, it's basically the same thing as OBS, but with a lot more features baked in from the get-go. I used to use OBS alone, but as soon as I found Streamlabs, I've had much more stable performance on the same hardware, and the setup & configuration has been vastly improved due to the more polished interface. Streamlabs OBS and OBS are built from the same underlying source code, so they both can suffer from similar encoding bugs, for example, but overall I find Streamlabs better.

8 minutes ago, CPotter said:

Yes, I couldn't agree more. It could be a followup to the existing Tech Quickie video and other linked below. @CPotter make it happen!

And um, just be sure not to give us a tutorial claiming that streaming to Twitch using incorrect setting could short circuit our computer.

You know, like that other tech publication recently did with their gaming PC build tutorial. ahem :D 

https://www.youtube.com/user/Techquickie/search?query=stream

Desktop: KiRaShi-Intel-2022 (i5-12600K, RTX2060) Mobile: OnePlus 5T | Koodo - 75GB Data + Data Rollover for $45/month
Laptop: Dell XPS 15 9560 (the real 15" MacBook Pro that Apple didn't make) Tablet: iPad Mini 5 | Lenovo IdeaPad Duet 10.1
Camera: Canon M6 Mark II | Canon Rebel T1i (500D) | Canon SX280 | Panasonic TS20D Music: Spotify Premium (CIRCA '08)

1 minute ago, kirashi said:

@CPotter

And um, just be sure not to give us a tutorial claiming that streaming to Twitch using incorrect setting could short circuit our computer.

You know, like that other tech publication recently did with their gaming PC build tutorial. ahem :D

I expect nothing less of LTT than a frame by frame copy video in a few days except way, way worse.

And with more socks and sandals.

3 minutes ago, Rune said:

I expect nothing less of LTT than a frame by frame copy video in a few days except way, way worse.

Now remember kids, be sure to stand on rubber sandals while wearing socks, as having barefeet while building a PC could kill you.

Meanwhile, they then don't protect their bare hands using rubber gloves, and build on a metal table, or something similarly silly.

Desktop: KiRaShi-Intel-2022 (i5-12600K, RTX2060) Mobile: OnePlus 5T | Koodo - 75GB Data + Data Rollover for $45/month
Laptop: Dell XPS 15 9560 (the real 15" MacBook Pro that Apple didn't make) Tablet: iPad Mini 5 | Lenovo IdeaPad Duet 10.1
Camera: Canon M6 Mark II | Canon Rebel T1i (500D) | Canon SX280 | Panasonic TS20D Music: Spotify Premium (CIRCA '08)

6 minutes ago, Rune said:

that would actually be pretty funny now that you mention it

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.