Logitech z506 buzzing at a certain frequency (One of them)

If you are unlucky like me to end up with a unit that suffers from this, in my case end up with 2 units which suffer from this, the solution is quite easy but before I mention it, let's first make it clear if you have the same problem as me.

In my case it seems to be like resonance and occuring at around 100-290 Hz at an adequate decibel level.

• Nothing is shaking inside
  • Happens with only a single satellite speaker
  • Problem goes away when replacing with another satellite speaker (Any of the rear speakers)
  • Linus's voice causes the buzzing more often
  • Certain piano notes trigger it 

It was all just misaligned foam padding/gasket that was placed by the assembly workers between the speakers and the plastic frame (PIcture below). 

what truly baffles me is the fact that I ended up with 2 units with the same issue (When I first bought it, I requested a replacement within the first week but the second one had it too) 

Image 1

Spoiler

20180916_224758.thumb.jpg.d4d78deb3380b3396f87ad0dafce080f.jpg

Image 2

Spoiler

20180916_230717.thumb.jpg.225657145c450f3ba3b5211171a0273c.jpg

As you can see on the indentation on the foam, for the last 4 years it was squeezed on incorrectly. (Yes 4) 

I couldn't stand it after a month the fact that I have to deal with this with a new product so what I ended up doing was swapping my old satellite speaker (uses the same RCA jack) from a different creative 4.1 system, that speaker was more tinny but what else can be done (Or so I thought at the time, me today would have kept nailing Logitech support) 

I used a tiny bit of UHU (since it got this rubber like texture) and got it placed properly this time (Glue was needed as the foam padding had deformed being squeezed like that for 4 years so I needed something to hold it down until I screw it back in.)  

A guide without instructions on how to open it?

Here is few Youtube links for that

Both these videos miss out one thing that seems to be present on mine (Newer revision maybe?) the complete top has this plastic tab to attach the top part of the frame to the body securely, mine had this circular foam padding to reduce vibration but this result it to be stuck and hard to get the tabs to dislodge.

Carefully pulling it from an angle eventually got it off. (Initially it felt I was gonna snap the plastic piece off but thankfully wasn't the case.

@Chris_LogitechG That's some great quality control

Current system - ThinkPad Yoga 460

ExSystems

Spoiler

Laptop - ASUS FX503VD

|| Case: NZXT H440 ❤️|| MB: Gigabyte GA-Z170XP-SLI || CPU: Skylake Chip || Graphics card : GTX 970 Strix || RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB || Storage:1TB WD+500GB WD + 120Gb HyperX savage|| Monitor: Dell U2412M+LG 24MP55HQ+Philips TV ||  PSU CX600M ||