Fan Layout (750D)

lapris54

That depends on which cpu cooler your using so knowing that would help substantially. BTW I do have a 750D that has all but one fan in.

Do you have a build log on that PC? I would be using a Hyper Evo 212 but i don't know what fans to use in it or any other part of the case.

Do you have a build log on that PC? I would be using a Hyper Evo 212 but i don't know what fans to use in it or any other part of the case.

no I dont. i did take a few pics though so I may put them up at some point. The rest of the case take 140mm fans (except the bottom two under the HDD mounts) which would be your best bet. I just had a bunch of Corsair OEM ones around from other cases that matched the ones already in the case from other build I pulled them out of. I want to eventually use NF-A14 PWM's and NF-A15 PWM's from Noctua once I have the budget to do so. My suggestion for a cooler like that is front as intake, back as out take and the two rear more top ones as out take and the front top one as intake I put a HDD hotswap under it to keep the drive cool but that fan wouldnt really work as an out take un less it was a rad any way as there is no air getting to it really.

no I dont. i did take a few pics though so I may put them up at some point. The rest of the case take 140mm fans (except the bottom two under the HDD mounts) which would be your best bet. I just had a bunch of Corsair OEM ones around from other cases that matched the ones already in the case from other build I pulled them out of. I want to eventually use NF-A14 PWM's and NF-A15 PWM's from Noctua once I have the budget to do so. My suggestion for a cooler like that is front as intake, back as out take and the two rear more top ones as out take and the front top one as intake I put a HDD hotswap under it to keep the drive cool but that fan wouldnt really work as an out take un less it was a rad any way as there is no air getting to it really.

That sounds like a good idea, I think I'm going to get sp120's for the rest of the case then but add in some airflow editions in some places, that still leaves the front and what to put there as they are 140mm fans. Is there anyway you could make a diagram as to where airflow fans would work best and where static pressure fans would work best?

That sounds like a good idea, I think I'm going to get sp120's for the rest of the case then but add in some airflow editions in some places, that still leaves the front and what to put there as they are 140mm fans. Is there anyway you could make a diagram as to where airflow fans would work best and where static pressure fans would work best?

I would get all 140's since everywhere but the bottom can use them. I also wouldnt get corsair's since their quite over priced for what your getting but if you insist on getting them AF140's will be fine since their case fan and mostly unrestricted. My suggestion would probably be get the 140mm BitFenix Specter Pro PWM's (I think it would be 6) and this swifttech PWM splitter. I you dont have the CPU cooler already I would look for a 140mm one and get two more of the 140mm BitFenix Specter Pro PWM's and hook it into that splitter as well. It would allow yo uto control all of the fan in the case off or one header preferably the CPU header. Then depending on your board you can select a pre defined fan curve or specify you own which I know ASUS boards can do.

I would get all 140's since everywhere but the bottom can use them. I also wouldnt get corsair's since their quite over priced for what your getting but if you insist on getting them AF140's will be fine since their case fan and mostly unrestricted. My suggestion would probably be get the 140mm BitFenix Specter Pro PWM's (I think it would be 6) and this swifttech PWM splitter. I you dont have the CPU cooler already I would look for a 140mm one and get two more of the 140mm BitFenix Specter Pro PWM's and hook it into that splitter as well. It would allow yo uto control all of the fan in the case off or one header preferably the CPU header. Then depending on your board you can select a pre defined fan curve or specify you own which I know ASUS boards can do.

I was going to get sp120's because i can get 2 for £20, i thought the top only supports 2 140mm or three 120mm? I already have my cpu cooler, im interested in getting the splitter but will it be safe to run the cpu cooler and 7 fans through it?

I was going to get sp120's because i can get 2 for £20, i thought the top only supports 2 140mm or three 120mm? I already have my cpu cooler, im interested in getting the splitter but will it be safe to run the cpu cooler and 7 fans through it?

yes thats what corsairs page says but i managed to fit 3 140mm fans in the top and all the proper mounting points are there you just have to move the gromments from the 120mm mounts to the 140mm mounts. Yes it save since is a PWM splitter and draws the power from the PSU not the MB. All the MB is monitor the speed and send the PWM signal. Coraisr fans are not PWM so it will not work with them.

yes thats what corsairs page says but i managed to fit 3 140mm fans in the top and all the proper mounting points are there you just have to move the gromments from the 120mm mounts to the 140mm mounts. Yes it save since is a PWM splitter and draws the power from the PSU not the MB. All the MB is monitor the speed and send the PWM signal. Coraisr fans are not PWM so it will not work with them.

Could you take a photo of your case with the three 140mm in the top? Do you know if noctua fans are pwm? Can you get that splitter in the uk and has it got black sleeved cables?

Could you take a photo of your case with the three 140mm in the top? Do you know if noctua fans are pwm? Can you get that splitter in the uk and has it got black sleeved cables?

Sure I may even already have one, ill try to get it up by the end of the day. Yes all noctua fan except the 40mm and 60mm are available in PWM now. For 140mm look at the NF-A14 PWM's for 120mm there is the NF-F12 PWM (pressure optimized) and NF-S12A PWN (flow optimized). I believe the cable on the splitter are already sleeved and no I dont I think someoen else over there couldnt find it your best be might be getting it on ebay possibly even shipped from the US if shipping isnt too bad. there are cable equivalents of that splitter but they are much less elegant. This is the best I could find in regards to you getting it in the UK http://goo.gl/vUAMlZ .

@lapris54 Here is the only pic i had already taken where you can sort of see it. If this isnt good enough I can take a better one later. The rear fan is also a 140mm.

IMG_9258.jpg

Sure I may even already have one, ill try to get it up by the end of the day. Yes all noctua fan except the 40mm and 60mm are available in PWM now. For 140mm look at the NF-A14 PWM's for 120mm there is the NF-F12 PWM (pressure optimized) and NF-S12A PWN (flow optimized). I believe the cable on the splitter are already sleeved and no I dont I think someoen else over there couldnt find it your best be might be getting it on ebay possibly even shipped from the US if shipping isnt too bad. there are cable equivalents of that splitter but they are much less elegant. This is the best I could find in regards to you getting it in the UK http://goo.gl/vUAMlZ .

I'll have a look for that splitter everywhere i can, what cooler is that? it looks a lot like that Hyper Evo. According to tis website the sp120's are 4 pin? http://www.ebuyer.com/501043-corsair-air-series-sp120-quiet-edition-high-static-pressure-120mm-fan-single-co-9050011-ww

@lapris54 Here is the only pic i had already taken where you can sort of see it. If this isnt good enough I can take a better one later. The rear fan is also a 140mm.

IMG_9258.jpg

Is all of the audio, usb etc sleeved and black?

I'll have a look for that splitter everywhere i can, what cooler is that? it looks a lot like that Hyper Evo. According to tis website the sp120's are 4 pin? http://www.ebuyer.com/501043-corsair-air-series-sp120-quiet-edition-high-static-pressure-120mm-fan-single-co-9050011-ww

Did you see this link? http://goo.gl/vUAMlZ thats a ebay UK search for it and there are two results

Well just about every tower cooler looks like a 212. Its a Noctua NH-U14S with an additional NF-A15 PWM on it. Its the only one I know of to work with X79/2011 with tall ram and a fan on both sides. Also its actually a pretty darn good cooler and it probably didnt need the fan but I added it so i could run them both at a lower rpm. At idle they are below 300 rpm, so low I had to turn of the fan warning on the motherboard because it kept tripping even on the lowest setting.

they are 4 pin molex like direct plug into PSU or 3 pin voltage controlled. That site is wrong in the specs all you have to do is look at the picture and you can see there are only 3 wires coming from the fan's motor meaning it not PWM. Also in the description is says 3 pin. I did look on corsair's site though and they do indeed have PWM versions of the SP120's now. Here is the standard model and the PWM model. If you do plan on ordering from there I would verify with them before ordering that they are actually PWM and have a 4 pin fan connector on them because the description and picture say otherwise. Also it should be noted that compared to a Noctua NF-F12 PWM they are putting out only a bit more pressure at max but a much higher amount of noise which probably has to do with the fact that they are nearly double the RPM. If you compare the quite edition which has close to the same rpm the noctua betters it significantly in both pressure and air flow but also noise by 1db. this is of course going off of the supplied specs of the fans but they do back up my personal experiences with them.

Is all of the audio, usb etc sleeved and black?

not sleeved black but they are black. the wires inside however are not. Check the pic below its just a cropped version of the full size image you quoted.

IMG_9258-c.png

here are some more pics to show that the 750D is indeed properly setup to take 3x140mm fan in the top. In the top down picture you can even see the 120mm mounting holes inside the 140mm ones.

IMG_9633.jpg

IMG_9635.jpg

let me know if any other pics would help you out ill try to get some sort of build log up by the end of the week which might help you plan.

Did you see this link? http://goo.gl/vUAMlZ thats a ebay UK search for it and there are two results

Well just about every tower cooler looks like a 212. Its a Noctua NH-U14S with an additional NF-A15 PWM on it. Its the only one I know of to work with X79/2011 with tall ram and a fan on both sides. Also its actually a pretty darn good cooler and it probably didnt need the fan but I added it so i could run them both at a lower rpm. At idle they are below 300 rpm, so low I had to turn of the fan warning on the motherboard because it kept tripping even on the lowest setting.

they are 4 pin molex like direct plug into PSU or 3 pin voltage controlled. That site is wrong in the specs all you have to do is look at the picture and you can see there are only 3 wires coming from the fan's motor meaning it not PWM. Also in the description is says 3 pin. I did look on corsair's site though and they do indeed have PWM versions of the SP120's now. Here is the standard model and the PWM model. If you do plan on ordering from there I would verify with them before ordering that they are actually PWM and have a 4 pin fan connector on them because the description and picture say otherwise. Also it should be noted that compared to a Noctua NF-F12 PWM they are putting out only a bit more pressure at max but a much higher amount of noise which probably has to do with the fact that they are nearly double the RPM. If you compare the quite edition which has close to the same rpm the noctua betters it significantly in both pressure and air flow but also noise by 1db. this is of course going off of the supplied specs of the fans but they do back up my personal experiences with them.

not sleeved black but they are black. the wires inside however are not. Check the pic below its just a cropped version of the full size image you quoted.

IMG_9258-c.png

here are some more pics to show that the 750D is indeed properly setup to take 3x140mm fan in the top. In the top down picture you can even see the 120mm mounting holes inside the 140mm ones.

IMG_9633.jpg

IMG_9635.jpg

let me know if any other pics would help you out ill try to get some sort of build log up by the end of the week which might help you plan.

Basically what fans should i get that are black, perform decent, quiet and are pwm 

Basically what fans should i get that are black, perform decent, quiet and are pwm

Do you want 120mm or 140mm?

@TheProfosist  Is this the PC you use now?

Itll be my HTPC/Server soon I havnt moved a good bit of the parts from the old one yet. Most of whats in there was previously my desktop though.

Do you want 120mm or 140mm?

Itll be my HTPC/Server soon I havnt moved a good bit of the parts from the old one yet. Most of whats in there was previously my desktop though.

i would like it to be 140mm for where they will fit (including the top as 140mm) But could you give me the examples of the best for both (kind of affordable though but yeah you know)

i would like it to be 140mm for where they will fit (including the top as 140mm) But could you give me the examples of the best for both (kind of affordable though but yeah you know)

Only decent ones I can find on newegg are Bitfenix Specter Pro PWM 140mm for 140mm. Here is what FrozenCPU has for 140mm PWM http://goo.gl/m3Nnyp

Only decent ones I can find on newegg are Bitfenix Specter Pro PWM 140mm for 140mm. Here is what FrozenCPU has for 140mm PWM http://goo.gl/m3Nnyp

Is it best to get the Bitfenix Spector Pro or non pro and are they quiet?

Is it best to get the Bitfenix Spector Pro or non pro and are they quiet?

The are 29.2db according to newegg, so yea relatively but that is max and on PWM they should only be running at a fraction of their max speed most of the time which means they will be much quieter than the rated 29.2db.

@lapris54 I think you should possibly think about getting the white ones as the have a grey inner ring that would match the 750D quite nicely and its something different than all black fans.

The are 29.2db according to newegg, so yea relatively but that is max and on PWM they should only be running at a fraction of their max speed most of the time which means they will be much quieter than the rated 29.2db.

I'm finding it really hard to find good fans haha http://www.amazon.co.uk/BitFenix-140mm-Spectre-PRO-Fan/dp/B0067LYWF0/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1389202774&sr=8-4&keywords=bitfenix+spectre+pro do these fans only come in 4 pin because they say 3 pin? I really like the fans in white but they are £25 on amazon and that's ludicrous for one fan

I'll look elsewhere for them

I'm finding it really hard to find good fans haha http://www.amazon.co.uk/BitFenix-140mm-Spectre-PRO-Fan/dp/B0067LYWF0/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1389202774&sr=8-4&keywords=bitfenix+spectre+pro do these fans only come in 4 pin because they say 3 pin? I really like the fans in white but they are £25 on amazon and that's ludicrous for one fan

I'll look elsewhere for them

They come in 3 pin and 4 pin. I thought bitfenix was a EU based company so you shoudl be able to find them cheaper... Here is the white one on neewegg http://goo.gl/IvHS8S

Edit: Seems their Taiwan based but yea do some searching around maybe there are other 140mm PWM fans available in the UK that I dont know about since im in the US.

@lapris54 did some Google UKing and cam up with this http://goo.gl/RKzzxR and http://goo.gl/A4MH4B . They also have a whole bunch of other fans too

Here is their whole list of 140mm PWM fans http://goo.gl/DTRNv1 and there are a few that are OK this on kind of interests me since i can get it here and someone else on the forum said it was good http://goo.gl/blqqo1 from what I can tell its a air flow optimized fan.

@lapris54 did some Google UKing and cam up with this http://goo.gl/RKzzxR and http://goo.gl/A4MH4B . They also have a whole bunch of other fans too

Here is their whole list of 140mm PWM fans http://goo.gl/DTRNv1 and there are a few that are OK this on kind of interests me since i can get it here and someone else on the forum said it was good http://goo.gl/blqqo1 from what I can tell its a air flow optimized fan.

perfect i'll probably order from overclockers so ill look at all the fans and get back to you, Thanks for all the help you're awesome!

perfect i'll probably order from overclockers so ill look at all the fans and get back to you, Thanks for all the help you're awesome!

No problem, let me know what you end up with. Also if you plan to use the swiftech splitter I suggest you order it now off ebay since it has to com from the US it may take a while, maybe order two while your st it as their quite nice and useful.