Fan Layout (750D)

lapris54

Could you guys help me with a little problem?

I have ordered my 750D and I don't quite know how to arrange the fans as in output, input?

(A diagram with fan placements would be ideal)

And what actual fans to fit whether i should get fans for static pressure or airflow?

I like my case to be reasonably quite and black but I like the look of the Noctua fans if that is the problem with the black, I will also sacrifice the reasonably quite bit if it sacrifices a lot of performance

I hope you can all understand what I mean

Thanks for the help

Front intake - rear exhaust

That didn't really answer my questions

front intake, rear intake, top 3 exhaust 

All static pressure fans

Noctua fans are gud

Why static and not airflow?

Also why should I make the back fan intake?

I don't mean to be weird and ask lots of question i just like to know :)

Why static and not airflow?

Also why should I make the back fan intake?

I don't mean to be weird and ask lots of question i just like to know :)

well static cause the front is pretty restricted, put your hand with and without the fan filter to see the difference.

Rear intake ( ive it like that) cause then its balanced, front 2 intake, rear intake and top 3 ( massive space) where the warm air can exhaust, try and keep a positive airflow in the case.

Dont worry with all the questions, ask more if you want!

Hey there. You are looking mighty fine today, have my virtual cookie!  :ph34r:

MY RIG: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/34911-my-setup-gold-ghetto-gg-lots-of-pictures/#entry446883

well static cause the front is pretty restricted, put your hand with and without the fan filter to see the difference.

Rear intake ( ive it like that) cause then its balanced, front 2 intake, rear intake and top 3 ( massive space) where the warm air can exhaust, try and keep a positive airflow in the case.

Dont worry with all the questions, ask more if you want!

okay i can understand the static now I think ( to pull more air through a tighter/smaller space?)

If I fit a Hyper 212 Evo to my CPU because I have it stock now how should I arrange that? (still have back as output?)

Also what fans?

okay i can understand the static now I think ( to pull more air through a tighter/smaller space?)

If I fit a Hyper 212 Evo to my CPU because I have it stock now how should I arrange that? (still have back as output?)

Also what fans?

yeah its to pull air through more restricted areas, like heatsinks, tight fanfilters, rads and all that.

Well if the 212's fan is pushing air out the back, then set the rear as exhaust ( also forgot to say, if you want the rear as intake, buy a fan filter, like a nice magnetic one)

As for fans, NF F12's are good, AP121 or AP123s from silverstone are good, i dont like the SP ones from corsair, the grommets fcking drive me insane.

MY RIG: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/34911-my-setup-gold-ghetto-gg-lots-of-pictures/#entry446883

Also what fans?

Honestly you cant go wrong with corsair quiet editions, comes in both 140 and 120mm and now in LED as well, they are pretty hard to beat when they bundle 2 fans for nearly the same as one of their competitor.

Have the Evo 212 fans blow towards the rear and its good.

if you are aircooling i advice to get AF120/140 quiet editions, they are excellent for the price.

That didn't really answer my questions

SP front intake AF rear exhaust.

Face the 212 evo to the rear exhaust and don't bother with the top exhausts.

Noctua fans are very good.

yeah its to pull air through more restricted areas, like heatsinks, tight fanfilters, rads and all that.

Well if the 212's fan is pushing air out the back, then set the rear as exhaust ( also forgot to say, if you want the rear as intake, buy a fan filter, like a nice magnetic one)

As for fans, NF F12's are good, AP121 or AP123s from silverstone are good, i dont like the SP ones from corsair, the grommets fcking drive me insane.

Honestly you cant go wrong with corsair quiet editions, comes in both 140 and 120mm and now in LED as well, they are pretty hard to beat when they bundle 2 fans for nearly the same as one of their competitor.

Have the Evo 212 fans blow towards the rear and its good.

if you are aircooling i advice to get AF120/140 quiet editions, they are excellent for the price.

Am i better to screw them in to the case or use rubber mounts? Also is their a SP120/140 quiet edition and does it provide a benefit compared to noctua?

SP front intake AF rear exhaust.

Face the 212 evo to the rear exhaust and don't bother with the top exhausts.

Noctua fans are very good.

I'm using the top for fans it's worthwhile to

Also should I use the fans the case comes with? They are apparently Corsair SP's or AF's?

Also should I use the fans the case comes with? They are apparently Corsair SP's or AF's?

they are AF140L's a cheaper version of the AF140's, no colored rings and no grommets 

they are AF140L's a cheaper version of the AF140's, no colored rings and no grommets 

ohh I didn't know they where 140mm haha Do you know the sizes of the other mounts in the case?

Do you know if the noctua fans come in 140mm size of if the corsair sp quiets do?

Does anyone know if you can get the Noctua fans in 140mm or if you can get the corsair sp quiet edition in 140mm?

Would 120mm fans look stupid in a 750D when I could fit 140mm fans?

Does anyone know if you can get the Noctua fans in 140mm or if you can get the corsair sp quiet edition in 140mm?

Would 120mm fans look stupid in a 750D when I could fit 140mm fans?

Yes, Noctua has 140mm fans. But not in Linus' favorite series.

120mm doesn't look stupid but they are bit louder than 140mm fans.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

front intake, rear intake, top 3 exhaust 

All static pressure fans

Noctua fans are gud

Your picture again, fuck. 

Current Build: Case: Define R4 White/Window CPU: i5 3470 @4.0Ghz GPU: GTX 680 DCUII +500Mhz(Mem) Cooler: Hyper 212 EVO Monitor: Acer Monitor 1920x1080 MOBO: Asrock Z77 Extreme 4 Storage: 2TB HDD, 120GB 840 EVO (OS)

Future Build: 4670K, GTX 780 MSI TwinFrozr OC, Z87X-D3H, 8GB @1866Mhz, 120GB SSD, 1TB HDD, 750D, RM 650W, Custom Loop. White/Blue/Black Colour Scheme. I literally cannot wait *_*

Yes, Noctua has 140mm fans. But not in Linus' favorite series.

120mm doesn't look stupid but they are bit louder than 140mm fans.

So Noctua does not have 140mm NF-F12's?

So do you think it would look okay to put 120mm fans in the 750D

Do you know if 120mm fit in the front of the 750D?

So Noctua does not have 140mm NF-F12's?

So do you think it would look okay to put 120mm fans in the 750D

Do you know if 120mm fit in the front of the 750D?

Nope, no 140mm in F-series. All modern cases have holes to mount 120/140mm fans in all fan mounts. Some can fit 200mm also but I can't remember if Corsair is one of them.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Nope, no 140mm in F-series. All modern cases have holes to mount 120/140mm fans in all fan mounts. Some can fit 200mm also but I can't remember if Corsair is one of them.

Do you think Noctua should make 140mm fans in the F-serires? It's kind of a market share they are missing out on

Do you think Noctua should make 140mm fans in the F-serires? It's kind of a market share they are missing out on

Actually there isn't so big market to 140mm fans. As atm AIO watercoolers are most popular way to cool cpus they require 120mm fans and most people will want to fill case with same type of fans as they use in cpu cooler. For front intake it doesn't really matter which fans are used since most times front intakes are hidden behind front panel and hdd cages.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Actually there isn't so big market to 140mm fans. As atm AIO watercoolers are most popular way to cool cpus they require 120mm fans and most people will want to fill case with same type of fans as they use in cpu cooler. For front intake it doesn't really matter which fans are used since most times front intakes are hidden behind front panel and hdd cages.

Ahh I see, so do you think i should go with the sp quiet edition or go with the Noctua NF-F12?

Ahh I see, so do you think i should go with the sp quiet edition or go with the Noctua NF-F12?

I can't really comment on that. I'm currently running singe A15 from noctua with cpu cooler and 3 NZXT fans for case. I haven't got experience on Corsairs fans to be able to compare their performance.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

That depends on which cpu cooler your using so knowing that would help substantially. BTW I do have a 750D that has all but one fan in.