Beats becomes NBA's Official headphones supplier

AlTech
2 minutes ago, Dan Castellaneta said:

I... uh, don't own Beats, and I can prove that.

Same here. They are trash

Just now, HashBrowns said:

Same here. They are trash

I think you missed my point.

Collective circlejerking is annoying and pointless, even if a lot of us can agree that something is good or not.

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

3 minutes ago, Dan Castellaneta said:

I think you missed my point.

Collective circlejerking is annoying and pointless, even if a lot of us can agree that something is good or not.

Not circle jerking, I just think they are trash. If you disagree, engage me so we can delve deeper into debate. Your move mate

Just now, HashBrowns said:

Not circle jerking, I just think they are trash. If you disagree, engage me so we can delve deeper into debate.

I can personally say that the Beats Studios aren't great, but I could see why someone would want 'em.

I think that's something people tend to miss with Beats; they largely are a cultural icon and a fashion statement, and I can say this with genuine certainty that they really are. If ya like 'em, great! More power to you, but I'm not gonna trash you if you like or dislike them. I just don't like collective circlejerking on something without explaining why you dislike them.

I'm personally a studio monitor type of guy, and it's why I own the headphones I do, the Sony MDR-7506. But I know not everyone is gonna want a pair of headphones that fucking voice actors wear with the weird coil cable that isn't replaceable. Everyone has their tastes, and some simply likes Beats.

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

3 minutes ago, HashBrowns said:

Not circle jerking, I just think they are trash. If you disagree, engage me so we can delve deeper into debate. Your move mate

Image result for engagement ring

This convo is becoming really saucy... @Dan Castellaneta

Cor Caeruleus Reborn v6

Spoiler

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K

CPU Cooler: be quiet! - PURE ROCK 
Thermal Compound: Arctic Silver - 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver 3.5g Thermal Paste 
Motherboard: ASRock Z370 Extreme4
Memory: G.Skill TridentZ RGB 2x8GB 3200/14
Storage: Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive 
Storage: Samsung - 960 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive
Storage: Western Digital - Blue 2TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive
Storage: Western Digital - BLACK SERIES 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: EVGA - 970 SSC ACX (1080 is in RMA)
Case: Fractal Design - Define R5 w/Window (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA P2 750W with CableMod blue/black Pro Series
Optical Drive: LG - WH16NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer 
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit and Linux Mint Serena
Keyboard: Logitech - G910 Orion Spectrum RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard
Mouse: Logitech - G502 Wired Optical Mouse
Headphones: Logitech - G430 7.1 Channel  Headset
Speakers: Logitech - Z506 155W 5.1ch Speakers

9 minutes ago, Dan Castellaneta said:

I can personally say that the Beats Studios aren't great, but I could see why someone would want 'em.

I think that's something people tend to miss with Beats; they largely are a cultural icon and a fashion statement, and I can say this with genuine certainty that they really are. If ya like 'em, great! More power to you, but I'm not gonna trash you if you like or dislike them. I just don't like collective circlejerking on something without explaining why you dislike them.

I'm personally a studio monitor type of guy, and it's why I own the headphones I do, the Sony MDR-7506. But I know not everyone is gonna want a pair of headphones that fucking voice actors wear with the weird coil cable that isn't replaceable. Everyone has their tastes, and some simply likes Beats.

Price:performance ratio of Beats is not rational, especially in the context of other headphones that have if not better sound and cost far less. You should know this if you are a studio monitor type of guy, no? Btw, not trashing people who wear them, i'm trashing the company. Very different. With regards to the people who buy them, I think they just might not be informed of other options, and got  a ton of money to blow. Which is their right, but that doesn't mean we can't bash products just because they are expensive.

On 9/8/2018 at 9:46 PM, HashBrowns said:

Price:performance ratio of Beats is not rational, especially in the context of other headphones that have if not better sound and cost far less. You should know this if you are a studio monitor type of guy, no? Btw, not trashing people who wear them, i'm trashing the company. Very different. With regards to the people who buy them, I think they just might not be informed of other options, and got  a ton of money to blow. Which is their right, but that doesn't mean we can't bash products just because they are expensive.

Or they've got no money to blow and saved up a ton for a product that their favorite NBA athlete likes to use. I've seen more people without a ton of disposable income that want beats than people that do have that disposable income and are perfectly fine with just using the earphones that come with their phones. Honestly, a lot of people have Beats, especially the Solos because when someone buy a new macbook for school, Apple gives them a pair of Beats Solos to go along with them.

Work Desktop: Dell Precision 5810 | Intel Xeon E5-1607 v4 | 8GB 2400 MHz ECC DDR4 | AMD FirePro w5100 4GB GDDR5

Laptop: MacBook Pro 15" | Intel i7-4870HQ | 16GB 1600 MHz DDR3 | Nividia GeForce GT 750M 2GB GDDR5