Ryzen 5 2600 Overclocking Help

Go to solution Solved by GoldenLag,

the base voltage should be visable in the BIOS, set the offset accordingly

use Ryzen master to play with Voltage and stability. anything below 1.42 is safe voltage, though for your mobo 1.38 and below is probably where you should be playing. start at 1.32 and work you voltage up untill you hit a stable 4.1 ish ghz or whatever your target frequency is

Edit: when you have found the stable voltage, then apply in BIOS.

I'm new to overclocking, trying to get my Ryzen 5 2600 up to 4.0GHz. I've never overclocked before but have managed alright so far, reaching a not quite stable 4.0GHz on all cores, with an offset Vcore of 0.1V. Prime95 showed an error after about 10-15 minutes.

Before I input more voltage, could somebody please clarify what's the base voltage I'm adding this offset to? When I dial in my settings in the Asus UEFI, Ryzen Master then shows the voltage to be 1.1375V. HWMonitor says the CPU is drawing around 1.209V if I remember correctly. I'm guessing that 1.1375V is my base, giving me plenty more headroom, but like I said I'm new and don't want to kill any parts. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Hardware used:

Ryzen 5 2600

Wraith Prism cooler (yes, the 135W cooler which usually comes with the 2700X)

Asus B450-F Gaming

It's generally not that bad of an idea to give it more voltage initially and work your way down. I'd just set it to 1.25v and see if it's stable. If so, back down by 0.0125v at a time.

PC Specs - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D MSI B550M Mortar - 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-3600 @ CL16 - ASRock RX7800XT 660p 1TBGB & Crucial P5 1TB Fractal Define Mini C CM V750v2 - Windows 11 Pro

Thanks for the suggestions - I think I wasn't clear though, I'm not sure what voltage I'm running at currently. I'm happy to try up to around 1.30-1.35V, but I don't know what offset I need to set to get it running at that. Is HWMonitor reliably giving me the voltage I'm currently at?

the base voltage should be visable in the BIOS, set the offset accordingly

use Ryzen master to play with Voltage and stability. anything below 1.42 is safe voltage, though for your mobo 1.38 and below is probably where you should be playing. start at 1.32 and work you voltage up untill you hit a stable 4.1 ish ghz or whatever your target frequency is

Edit: when you have found the stable voltage, then apply in BIOS.

Edited by GoldenLag