Wondering if the tech might bottleneck.

Jonathan H.

For some context, this is my friend's PC build. His father built this list of his. (They have a PSU). I was wondering about some things though. Main thing was the Ryzen 7 2700x and the 1060. I'm not a pro so I'm just worried if it'll bottleneck. Secondly, I think the Ryzen 7 2700x is a little much for what my friend will be running. Most graphically intense game he will MOST LIKELY run is Rust. I just feel like he won't utilize much of the core with what he will be doing.     https://pcpartpicker.com/list/QFVNYT

2 minutes ago, Jonathan H. said:

For some context, this is my friend's PC build. His father built this list of his. (They have a PSU). I was wondering about some things though. Main thing was the Ryzen 7 2700x and the 1060. I'm not a pro so I'm just worried if it'll bottleneck. Secondly, I think the Ryzen 7 2700x is a little much for what my friend will be running. Most graphically intense game he will MOST LIKELY run is Rust. I just feel like he won't utilize much of the core with what he will be doing.     https://pcpartpicker.com/list/QFVNYT

What do you think would bottleneck that apart from the gpu? 

If he plans on only gaming then I dont see the point in getting a Ryzen 7 

But I havet tried it so idk

If playing Rust is the sole thing your friend will be doing, then I agree that a 2700x and x470 motherboard is a bit overkill (more so the motherboard than the cpu). If he is however, doing video/photo editing, programming, or things of that nature, then that build will pair along pretty well. 

print "Hello World!" ("Hello World!")

Rust is the most graphically intense, but he will plan on running other games like fortnite, cs:go, minecraft etc. But he doesn't do photo editing nor programming. He does plan on trying to stream though, but that's still overkill I assume.

Yeah it’s a bit uneven if all he does is play games. Just FYI Rust is horribly optimized so even on my 1080 and an 8700 it still lags like shit on pretty much every setting unless you know how to properly configure them and even when I did that I get like 70-60 (it spikes depending where you are). Just go for an intel CPU for any gaming performance possible if all he literally does is game (or something else that doesn’t need a shit ton of cores and threads)

poop

6 minutes ago, Jonathan H. said:

Rust is the most graphically intense, but he will plan on running other games like fortnite, cs:go, minecraft etc. But he doesn't do photo editing nor programming. He does plan on trying to stream though, but that's still overkill I assume.

Get a Ryzen 5 and a higher end GPU then.

PSU Nerd | PC Parts Flipper | Cable Management Guru

Helpful Links: PSU Tier List | Why not group reg? | Avoid the EVGA G3

Helios EVO (Main Desktop) Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | GeForce RTX 3060 Ti | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W

Delta (Laptop) | Galaxy S21 Ultra | Pacific Spirit XT (Server)

Full Specs

Spoiler

Helios EVO (Main):

Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws V / Team T-Force DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | MSI GAMING X GeForce RTX 3060 Ti 8GB GPU | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W | MasterLiquid ML240L | 2x 2TB HDD | 256GB SX6000 Pro SSD | 3x Corsair SP120 RGB | Fractal Design Venturi HF-14

Pacific Spirit XT - Server

Intel Core™ i7-8700K (Won at LTX, signed by Dennis) | GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS GAMING 5 | 16GB Team Vulcan DDR4-3000 | Intel UrfpsgonHD 630 | Define C TG | Corsair CX450M

Delta - Laptop

ASUS TUF Dash F15 - Intel Core™ i7-11370H | 16GB DDR4 | RTX 3060 | 500GB NVMe SSD | 200W Brick | 65W USB-PD Charger

Intel is bringing DDR4 to the mainstream with the Intel® Core™ i5 6600K and i7 6700K processors. Learn more by clicking the link in the description below.