at Ultra/ Max graphics setting, what games are you really impressed with?

dgsddfgdfhgs

For a really beautiful looking game, I would not care for high fps.

but so far I havent seen many games that really looks great at max setting.

so far I am only amazed with square soft /enix

what do you think?

The Witcher 3 still impresses me even though it's 3+ years old now.

The best today though, I'd have to say Assassin's Creed Origins. 

Ryzen 5 1600 @ 3.9 Ghz  | Gigabyte AB350M Gaming 3 |  PaliT GTX 1050Ti  |  8gb Kingston HyperX Fury @ 2933 Mhz  |  Corsair CX550m  |  1 TB WD Blue HDD

Inside some old case I found lying around.

Metro Redux, 
GTAV as much as I don't like the game itself,
and, although it might seem basic, with the right shaders Minecraft looks snazzy af.

CPU: Ryzen 7 3800X 4.4GHz | GPU: RTX 3070 FE | RAM: Corsair Dominator RGB 4x8GB 3600MHz DDR4 | MoBo: ASUS Crosshair Hero VIII  | Case: Corsair 5000D AF CPU cooler: Corsair H150i CapellixPSU: Corsair RM850x |

Just now, bleedblue said:

The best today though, I'd have to say Assassin's Creed Origins. 

hmmm ACO, may be, but consider the changes in Assassins series game play havent changed at all since AC 2 and background is dessert.... just wasted

1 minute ago, dgsddfgdfhgs said:

hmmm ACO, may be, but consider the changes in Assassins series game play havent changed at all since AC 2 and background is dessert.... just wasted

Yeah, you should play the game first.

There are lots of oases and big cities. Alexandria looks amazing.

Ryzen 5 1600 @ 3.9 Ghz  | Gigabyte AB350M Gaming 3 |  PaliT GTX 1050Ti  |  8gb Kingston HyperX Fury @ 2933 Mhz  |  Corsair CX550m  |  1 TB WD Blue HDD

Inside some old case I found lying around.

wildlands. 

impressive in the sense that yes it looks amaing on ultra but at the same time disappointed that its impossible for me to run ultra smoothly. 3440x1440 and 1080 Ti still 30 fps if i max it all out. the weirdest thing is that graphics settings changes seem to only have minimal effect unless you go for the big ones like resolution and texture details. no AA only got me 3 FPS more and all that subsurface scattering and godray shit and so on angain all combined only got me 6-8 FPS more so if i set it to look like crap then i get 40-45 fps but 30 on ultra? really frustrating but im going into a rant here.

id still say if you turn it up it is beautiful.

"You know it'll clock down as soon as it hits 40°C, right?" - "Yeah ... but it doesnt hit 40°C ... ever  😄"

GPU: MSI GTX1080 Ti Aero @ 2 GHz (watercooled) CPU: Ryzen 5600X (watercooled) RAM: 32GB 3600Mhz Corsair LPX MB: Gigabyte B550i PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Hyte Revolt 3

Witcher 3, Rise of the Tomb Raider, Final Fantasy XV.

Currently playing Nier:Automata in 5160x2160 via DSR and it also looks very nice. Not as nice as those mentioned but still the aesthetics are very appealing.

CPU: i7 6950X  |  Motherboard: Asus Rampage V ed. 10  |  RAM: 32 GB Corsair Dominator Platinum Special Edition 3200 MHz (CL14)  |  GPUs: 2x Asus GTX 1080ti SLI 

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1 TB M.2 NVME  |  PSU: In Win SIV 1065W 

Cooling: Custom LC 2 x 360mm EK Radiators | EK D5 Pump | EK 250 Reservoir | EK RVE10 Monoblock | EK GPU Blocks & Backplates | Alphacool Fittings & Connectors | Alphacool Glass Tubing

Case: In Win Tou 2.0  |  Display: Alienware AW3418DW  |  Sound: Woo Audio WA8 Eclipse + Focal Utopia Headphones

Literally none.

I'm yet to still a game that is not the same/almost the same on very high or ultra. Even side by side.

That being said, there are gorgeous games on balanced settings (meaning most on very high and maybe 2-3 on ultra). The Witcher 3 is one, Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice is another... And after watching the Cyberpunk 2077 gameplay, I bet it will also look amazing on the final version

Ultra is stupid. ALWAYS.

I can't remember the last time I was really impressed with anything in recent history other than Metal Gear Solid V. But then again that was really the first time developers were starting to focus more on physically based shading and that was one of the first games to really show the philosophy well.

1 hour ago, Taja said:

Literally none.

I'm yet to still a game that is not the same/almost the same on very high or ultra. Even side by side.

I'm pretty much with this person. The quality differences between maximum and the setting below it are minimal that most times you need to sit down with a side-by-side comparison. And even then, some effects are too subtle to notice.

I was impressed with the graphics on The Evil Within 2. The game choked my 1080 Ti quite a bit at 4k. It looked very nice but shamefully the game didn't live up to its graphics...

8 hours ago, M.Yurizaki said:

Call of Duty: World War II impressed me a lot. The fact that it ran as smoothly as it did with the level of image quality it had impressed me. Though Advanced Warfare also tickled the graphics enthusiast in me quite a bit.

yup, these two looks nice, nut the fast tension games and excessive smoke and blurry effects just wasted the game . Most of the time you are hiding behind and looking at walls and then cut scene being knock out,.... just for me lol 

Rise of The Tomb Raider, specially with VXAO enabled.

Crysis 3 also looks great except for the face animations that look a bit weird now.

Other than that, Metro Last Light Redux still looks beautiful.

"Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity"

- George Carlin (1937-2008)

23 hours ago, cluelessgenius said:

wildlands. 

impressive in the sense that yes it looks amaing on ultra but at the same time disappointed that its impossible for me to run ultra smoothly. 3440x1440 and 1080 Ti still 30 fps if i max it all out. the weirdest thing is that graphics settings changes seem to only have minimal effect unless you go for the big ones like resolution and texture details. no AA only got me 3 FPS more and all that subsurface scattering and godray shit and so on angain all combined only got me 6-8 FPS more so if i set it to look like crap then i get 40-45 fps but 30 on ultra? really frustrating but im going into a rant here.

id still say if you turn it up it is beautiful.

Playing on a GTX 960 I get about 40FPS on medium at 1080. If I crank the graphics it drops to ~30.

I tell people it's unoptimized and they say I'm crazy. I also don't think it's that great a looking game.

In terms of sheer visual fidelity though, I'd say the Forza series, Need For Speed, Battlefield 1, and Star Wars Battlefront.

It's really hard to argue against the newer Frostbite games when they use PBR materials in conjunction with photogrammetry. You quite literally can't get much realer without going full ray tracing for shadows, lighting, and reflections...

Going off of PC though... The Shadow of the Colossus remake and Horizon Zero Dawn are some DAMN impressive titles.

Anything else I could think of would be more of a pretty art style than actual graphical fidelity like Firewatch or Journey or something.

#Muricaparrotgang

Kingdom Come gets my vote.

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |